Pembroke Park, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 02, 2013
This school has done a TERRIFIC job with my 7 year old son who has learning disabilities. He has been there now two years and now his sister has started in kindergarten. I truly look forward to see her blossom as every young child should. Every teacher my son has had, has always been easily accessible and friendly. My daughters teacher Ms. Alverez made my daughters first day extremely memorable. Thank you Watkins Elementary, keep up the terrific job you do!! I know it isn't an easy job, BUT YOU ALL MAKE IT LOOK VERY EASY

Posted March 21, 2009

Watkins Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2008

Watkins Elementary School 0

Posted July 24, 2008
Watkins is a really good school for my kids. The teachers did their best for the 07-08 scholl year.

Watkins Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2007
My second grader now promoted to third came to Watkins in the 2006-2007 school year from an 'A' school. Since Watkins also obtained an 'A' rating, my expectations were high. Unfortunately I was soon interacting with less than competent teachers, counselors and school staff. As for the principle, she gave the appearance of having a take charge and correct the issue attitude, but in the end there was no resolution. My second grader often didn't receive enough instruction. At times the work didn't appear to be challenging enough and other times the work was too difficult. The Dibbles scores from the beginning of the year declined I feel as a result of the lack of teaching.

Watkins Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2007
I do not think the school assists the children that need extra help. My son is in the second grade and has had difficulties since he started there. I have had numerous Parent/Teacher conferences, mtgs w/ the Vice Principle and Guidance Counselor. They all say they are going to put him in a program and get him some counseling to help but never follow through. They give a ridiculous amount of homework but yet there are no tutors to assist them. Often when my son does his homework in their aftercare program, most of the problems are wrong when he comes home. I think this school is allot of talk and no action. He will not be returning.

Posted February 15, 2007
I am happy with the way the school is ahndling my 3rd grader who is coming from a gifted program in miami-dade county they are challenging her constantly. I am always informed of new programs and events that will take place at the school. Keep up the good work watkins!!

Posted August 24, 2006

Watkins Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2006

Watkins Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2006
st say it is very disappointint to see how low the level of parent involvement there is at watkins,i dont believe there is even a pta.

Watkins Elementary School
3520 Southwest 52nd Avenue, Pembroke Park, FL  33023
Last modified Watkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watkins Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top