Posted April 24, 2014
This School is overall a great school. Most of the teachers are good and I love the variety of clubs. I look forward to the next years

Posted August 03, 2013
West Broward is a great public school. I have a 12th and 10th grader. The school offers a huge array of after school clubs with wonderful teachers who volunteer to lead them. We have had very good experiences with the sports teams. I suppose if you want a winning football team you should go elsewhere-but every year you see students getting athletic scholarships and the exceptional array of opportunities and advanced level work has made it possible for my daughter to qualify for top universities that have winning football programs. The school offers free Math and English SAT prep and help with college essays. I would agree that you have to be your child's advocate and make sure they are placed in appropriate classes and get involved if your student is having problems with a teacher. If your child is smart they will be pushed to take many AP courses (unnecessary busy work). The Honors classes are pretty easy and if your child is from out of state and done well, push for them. Bring your child's test scores with you. Most teachers care, coaches are great, staff answers questions, the 12th grade advisor is the best in Broward County-helpful, kind and a good communicator.

Posted August 02, 2013
This is an excellent school with wonderful programs. It is on the cutting edge of technology. The teachers are inspired and in turn inspiring to the students.

West Broward High School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
This school leaves a lot to be desired. Coming from Cumming, GA and exceptional educational system there West Broward is a disappointment. The blatant use of drugs is scary. If you are coming from out of state during the summer and registering your child, make sure you know what your child is capable of and make them give your child appropriate classes. Being new to the area we made the mistake of letting the 9th grade guidance counselor talk us out of honors classes. What a mistake. Also if you are coming from out of state you won't have FCAT scores and they will insist in placing your child in a remedial reading class. If you feel your child doesn't need that fight, threaten, do whatever it takes to make sure that your child gets in a class that will help and challenge him/her. A lot of the teachers don't care and have attitudes with the kids. Stay on top of everyone and fight for your child's rights. I practically lived in the offices the first few months of school making them "get it right". Now I go there and everyone knows me. If I could put them in another school I would. Also the football team SUCKS. They have no real leadership. Overall I am dreading the next few years.

Posted March 31, 2012
As a parent I highly recomend this school,my daughter is doing exellent. and all the teachers are extremely dedicated to the academics of the students.

West Broward High School 4

Posted August 21, 2011
West Broward High is truly the real deal; it has the BEST principal leadership in the area (that's actually a fact, not a generous overstatement) but the reason I gave it four stars is really just because of a few minor teacher issues I've had throughout my time here. At times, I would get unfathomably lucky to have an amazing teacher who really made an impression, but other times (and I'm speaking as a student who has taken every AP offered) my experience was really lacking. However, leadership goes a long way, and our Principal has been able to work out most of the kinks. On a side note, WBHS can proudly boast that it really has almost no "cliques" to speak of because it is so new, which was really rewarding for someone like me who came in not knowing anyone. go bobcats!

West Broward High School 3

Posted June 18, 2011
Military Parent. - Principal - Genuinely concerned about the safety and welfare of his students. Solid role-model and leader. - Teachers: Mixed bag. During the summer of 2010 educational budget cuts gouged West Broward adminstration's ability to the same quantity and quality of teachers they had the previous year. This left several teachers instructing courses they were assigned with little time to study the curriculum. One horror story, a teacher admitted to my daughter's class that he was unqualified to teach the course. This same teacher was later terminated in the middle of the year leaving the class without a teacher. An AP student actually proctored the class for several days prior to another teacher covering the remainder of the school year. Not good. Guidance Counselors - I was completely underwhelmed by the quality of the counseling provided to the students. We attempted to get several classes changed due to issues in the classroom and were stonewalled by the counselors that "not everyone can switch out of classes because they don't like the teacher". This is not an acceptable response. Facilities - Top rate - Not overstating that the facilities are state-of-the art.

Posted June 07, 2011
I love working with the administration, teachers, and staff of WBHS.....and yes, I love the students too ! ! !

Posted April 17, 2011
WeBrow is a state of the art tech school, with dedicated and caring staff. The Media Center is a favorite with the students.

Posted January 31, 2011
My son was amongst the school's first graduating class. We had him reassigned there from Cypress Bay, in WB's first year. What a phenomenal experience! From the Principal and his Administrative staff, the Faculty and all of the Support staff, this school is one of a kind. Excellence in academics, the Arts and Vocational studies is encouraged. There is so much for any child, ESE, ESOL, Gifted and students who may be average, academically, to partake of and to find a niche for themselves. We are, forever, indebted to West Broward High for everything our son was encouraged to become while there.

West Broward High School
500 Northwest 209th Avenue, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified West Broward High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Broward High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top