2,629 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

West Broward High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 24, 2016
Heather boyette english teacher is very organized and caring, She truly wants her students to be successful and communicates with parents if they are struggling unlike most teachers at this school

West Broward High School 2

Posted August 24, 2016
Although administration and faculty seems very nice...there are very few teachers and staff that truly care about the wellfare of your student...Unless you as a parent are present to voice over your concerns your child is just a number moving through the system to bring up school ratings and the main concern is graduation percentage and school rank which is why some kids mysteriously dissapear into other schools and by the time you find out it is too late... Go somewhere that you have more personal attention unless you have plenty of time to visit high school office and staff every week!

Posted March 27, 2016
West Broward is a fantastic new school. The school provides free SAT tutoring. The students are well prepared for college and many get into the top Florida Universities. West Broward offers many activities through clubs and sports. They communicate well with parents. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 29, 2015
West Broward is AMAZING school. I have three teenagers that have experienced the learning environment there. They have all found their purpose and passion there. The JROTC program with Sergeant Sosa is an award-winning program and top rate. The TV Production Program was a WONDERFUL experience for my high school senior. Both of my older kids have earned scholarships for college through their programs of interest at this school. The administration is wonderful, kind, caring, and diligent. Personally, I am a school teacher in the private sector, but I believe so much in the great things going on at WBHS that I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else. My youngest will be attending WBHS for the first time in the fall. I have GREAT EXPECTATIONS of things to come at WBHS. It's been a God-send and blessing. Go BOBCATS!!!

Posted April 24, 2014
This School is overall a great school. Most of the teachers are good and I love the variety of clubs. I look forward to the next years

Posted August 03, 2013
West Broward is a great public school. I have a 12th and 10th grader. The school offers a huge array of after school clubs with wonderful teachers who volunteer to lead them. We have had very good experiences with the sports teams. I suppose if you want a winning football team you should go elsewhere-but every year you see students getting athletic scholarships and the exceptional array of opportunities and advanced level work has made it possible for my daughter to qualify for top universities that have winning football programs. The school offers free Math and English SAT prep and help with college essays. I would agree that you have to be your child's advocate and make sure they are placed in appropriate classes and get involved if your student is having problems with a teacher. If your child is smart they will be pushed to take many AP courses (unnecessary busy work). The Honors classes are pretty easy and if your child is from out of state and done well, push for them. Bring your child's test scores with you. Most teachers care, coaches are great, staff answers questions, the 12th grade advisor is the best in Broward County-helpful, kind and a good communicator.

Posted August 02, 2013
This is an excellent school with wonderful programs. It is on the cutting edge of technology. The teachers are inspired and in turn inspiring to the students.

West Broward High School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
This school leaves a lot to be desired. Coming from Cumming, GA and exceptional educational system there West Broward is a disappointment. The blatant use of drugs is scary. If you are coming from out of state during the summer and registering your child, make sure you know what your child is capable of and make them give your child appropriate classes. Being new to the area we made the mistake of letting the 9th grade guidance counselor talk us out of honors classes. What a mistake. Also if you are coming from out of state you won't have FCAT scores and they will insist in placing your child in a remedial reading class. If you feel your child doesn't need that fight, threaten, do whatever it takes to make sure that your child gets in a class that will help and challenge him/her. A lot of the teachers don't care and have attitudes with the kids. Stay on top of everyone and fight for your child's rights. I practically lived in the offices the first few months of school making them "get it right". Now I go there and everyone knows me. If I could put them in another school I would. Also the football team SUCKS. They have no real leadership. Overall I am dreading the next few years.

Posted March 31, 2012
As a parent I highly recomend this school,my daughter is doing exellent. and all the teachers are extremely dedicated to the academics of the students.

West Broward High School 4

Posted August 21, 2011
West Broward High is truly the real deal; it has the BEST principal leadership in the area (that's actually a fact, not a generous overstatement) but the reason I gave it four stars is really just because of a few minor teacher issues I've had throughout my time here. At times, I would get unfathomably lucky to have an amazing teacher who really made an impression, but other times (and I'm speaking as a student who has taken every AP offered) my experience was really lacking. However, leadership goes a long way, and our Principal has been able to work out most of the kinks. On a side note, WBHS can proudly boast that it really has almost no "cliques" to speak of because it is so new, which was really rewarding for someone like me who came in not knowing anyone. go bobcats!

West Broward High School
500 Northwest 209th Avenue, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified West Broward High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.