Franklin Academy A 2

Posted September 02, 2014
overrated...just like all schools in florida...school choice is a joke...pay higher property taxes and you still need to send your kids to private school...and don't get me started on these "charter" schools.

Posted August 28, 2014
This is the second year that my children go to Franklin and we are very happy with this school, last year they had some struggles with the Uniform Company because it was a new system but this year I didn't have any issue at all, it was fast and the quality is much better. In my opinion this school is amazing!

Posted August 01, 2014
Franklin Academy Pembroke Pines is really making its mark. This past year (2013-2014) was so well run and enriching for my children. I'm not surprised that they received two A's this year.

Posted July 03, 2014
If your child is lily-white, or even better, and Latin-Jew, then I strongly suggest you send your child to Franklin. It's in a great neighborhood. The teacher's lack of qualifications won't matter to you, because you can afford tutors and private after-school programs which foster a child's growth. If you're of another race or religion, get ready for racism, bullying from teachers and admin. Especially if they are gifted...this will annoy everyone to no extent. They will attempt to destroy them in the only way they can...through setting them up for behavior reprimand. If they are bullied, they cannot defend themselves, or they will be suspended. If they report it, they are ignored or called a snitch or a trouble maker. If they see a fight and ignore it, they are an accomplice. If they try to break it up, they were an accomplice. It's a grand system.....remember the "sweathogs" from Welcome Back Kotter? They are now working at Franklin Pines.

Posted June 17, 2014
first year at Franklin PP, our kids have been in schools all over the country and other countries and they had an amazing year. We have one in elementary and one in middle school. The school isn't perfect but there is no such thing as a perfect school.

Franklin Academy A 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Parents have a choice. Your kids can go to their boundary school or they can apply to a charter. Charters are not the savior of the world & public schools are not the end of it. I am thankful to have a choice. For my children, Franklin PP was the right choice. We are completing our 3rd year here & have been here since the beginning. I have 3 children here from 2nd grade to 8th so I have experience with all the grade levels. If you make a list of pros & cons, the cons that FAPP has are NO different than the boundary school my kids would have gone to. However, FAPP has more pros. There is a real community atmosphere there that you don't always get elsewhere. FAPP has the same amount of students our K-5 had but is a K-8. For my middle schooler, this is huge. He has 1/4 of the kids in his 6th-8th than had he gone to our boundary schools. The teachers & staff know my kids by name, even if they have never taught them. My kids belong & feel part of something. We wouldn't have got that at our BPS middle school. K-5 and 6th-8th are on separate floors & have separate start/stop times. Make your own choice based on what you want. Don't let people scare you.

Franklin Academy A 1

Posted May 06, 2014
Franklin Academy has opened their doors in many cities... by now you think they would have aced the process. Dismissal system still not perfected ... kids do not get to bus on time...kids are made responsible for getting to their dismissal point. Classrooms seem out of control compared to district schools. Policies and procedure are not followed. Class work does not come home frequently and when it does it is with the tests...so impossible to support your child. Differential teaching - not happening. phones not answered Docs state office open till 4pm but you can not visit them before 830am or after 145pm. Very few volunteers are permitted in classrooms to assist teachers. you have to purchase an agenda but they are barely used. classjump sites are not updated in a timely manner. there is supposed to be an email sent out each week...again not consistently...if classjump website and/or emails were sent out the friday for the upcoming week it would be more helpful. I feel that at our campus atleast the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing. HUGE communication issues.

Franklin Academy A 3

Posted May 05, 2014
Fellow parents, This is so confusing that some of you hate this school and some think it's great. Any insight as to which is right? My child has been in Beacon Cove gifted. Will he do well here? Otherwise it's JMS for us and I don't like some of the issues they've had there.

Franklin Academy A 3

Posted May 04, 2014
For the group of parents in Jupiter thinking of sending your kids to this school, have you heard any other feedback in the community? There seems to be a lot of negative feedback here, but I am frustrated with the administration both at Lighthouse and Beacon. However, overall there have been more positives than negatives. Jupiter parents, please keep posting anything you hear, thanks!

Franklin Academy A 1

Posted April 09, 2014
What a joke Franklin is. This school is run like a circus. The lack of knowledge administration has is unbearable. As a parent who has volunteered on numerous occasions, you would think they would get their act together when parents are around. No respect for anyone, not even themselves. This place is a money pit. All the investors worry about is where they are going to get their next dime. From their terrible uniform company and car system to the aftercare. The more students who enter this school, the more money they receive. My child was there for 5th and 6th grade and after the experience we had in middle school, it was time to get out of there. The knowledge my child gained in 5th grade was quickly altered in 6th grade. His math and reading skills went down drastically due to the inexperience teachers in middle school. Ever since we took him out and put him into Silver Trail, he's been happier and has retrieved all of that lost knowledge. As parents, we have a job to protect our children from situations like these.

Franklin Academy A
18800 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified Franklin Academy A is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Academy A Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.