Public charter
Pembroke Pines, FL
Students enrolled: 1,320

Posted November 08, 2014
I rate this school a 3. The neighborhood is great. The school looks nice on the inside. The children are from good families. The teachers try..but their inexperience is painfully obvious. The lack of facilities is disappointing. No gymnasium, no auditorium. Never heard of a school like this before. I'm lucky that my child is naturally bright, and can pick up the lessons quickly on his own....but if he was in any way in need of remedial help...I'd have to hire a private tutor. If you are considering sending your child to this school, you will most likely be impressed by the area and the outside of the building. You had better have a bright child or money for tutoring. It helps if you're Latin or Jewish also...your child will be taken care of very well.

Franklin Academy A 4

Posted November 03, 2014
My child has been since the school opened and I have to say since they change principal the school went from a 2 star school to a 4 star school. The quality of teachers , staff and overall environment has improved . The only reason I do not give it 5 stars is that they lack some of the events public schools enjoys. Like holiday shows that include the whole school not just those that can afford after school clubs. The music and art department can work on this during 2nd semester and host the show at a local auditorium ( parents would be happy to pay for tickets priced within reason ($5 - $12) . They should have also have an end of the awards ceremony the includes most grades and to make up for some lost time those students that have been there since the school's opening. They should also have a science fair that includes all grades. I also wish they would have kept their promise of building a indoor gym ... still waiting on that after 4 years. Despite the above the school is a wonderful place for most students. I LOVE the school now !

Franklin Academy A 2

Posted September 02, 2014
overrated...just like all schools in florida...school choice is a joke...pay higher property taxes and you still need to send your kids to private school...and don't get me started on these "charter" schools.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 28, 2014
This is the second year that my children go to Franklin and we are very happy with this school, last year they had some struggles with the Uniform Company because it was a new system but this year I didn't have any issue at all, it was fast and the quality is much better. In my opinion this school is amazing!

Posted August 01, 2014
Franklin Academy Pembroke Pines is really making its mark. This past year (2013-2014) was so well run and enriching for my children. I'm not surprised that they received two A's this year.

Posted June 17, 2014
first year at Franklin PP, our kids have been in schools all over the country and other countries and they had an amazing year. We have one in elementary and one in middle school. The school isn't perfect but there is no such thing as a perfect school.

Franklin Academy A 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Parents have a choice. Your kids can go to their boundary school or they can apply to a charter. Charters are not the savior of the world & public schools are not the end of it. I am thankful to have a choice. For my children, Franklin PP was the right choice. We are completing our 3rd year here & have been here since the beginning. I have 3 children here from 2nd grade to 8th so I have experience with all the grade levels. If you make a list of pros & cons, the cons that FAPP has are NO different than the boundary school my kids would have gone to. However, FAPP has more pros. There is a real community atmosphere there that you don't always get elsewhere. FAPP has the same amount of students our K-5 had but is a K-8. For my middle schooler, this is huge. He has 1/4 of the kids in his 6th-8th than had he gone to our boundary schools. The teachers & staff know my kids by name, even if they have never taught them. My kids belong & feel part of something. We wouldn't have got that at our BPS middle school. K-5 and 6th-8th are on separate floors & have separate start/stop times. Make your own choice based on what you want. Don't let people scare you.
2 people found this helpful

Franklin Academy A 1

Posted May 06, 2014
Franklin Academy has opened their doors in many cities... by now you think they would have aced the process. Dismissal system still not perfected ... kids do not get to bus on time...kids are made responsible for getting to their dismissal point. Classrooms seem out of control compared to district schools. Policies and procedure are not followed. Class work does not come home frequently and when it does it is with the tests...so impossible to support your child. Differential teaching - not happening. phones not answered Docs state office open till 4pm but you can not visit them before 830am or after 145pm. Very few volunteers are permitted in classrooms to assist teachers. you have to purchase an agenda but they are barely used. classjump sites are not updated in a timely manner. there is supposed to be an email sent out each week...again not consistently...if classjump website and/or emails were sent out the friday for the upcoming week it would be more helpful. I feel that at our campus atleast the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing. HUGE communication issues.

Posted May 05, 2014
Fellow parents, This is so confusing that some of you hate this school and some think it's great. Any insight as to which is right? My child has been in Beacon Cove gifted. Will he do well here? Otherwise it's JMS for us and I don't like some of the issues they've had there.

Posted May 04, 2014
For the group of parents in Jupiter thinking of sending your kids to this school, have you heard any other feedback in the community? There seems to be a lot of negative feedback here, but I am frustrated with the administration both at Lighthouse and Beacon. However, overall there have been more positives than negatives. Jupiter parents, please keep posting anything you hear, thanks!

Franklin Academy A
18800 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified Franklin Academy A is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Academy A Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top