Posted August 18, 2014
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!! Beware of false promises and lies! The staff are so unprepared and unequipped to maintain a school setting. Constantly teachers left throughout the school year. Students were left clueless and didn't get the proper education they deserved. Staff repeatedly bullied and mistreated students by yelling, name calling, teasing, and overpowering the children. Teachers werent paid and the school itself is in debt. They started unnecessary fund raisers in which the money doesn't go towards the school but into the principals wallet. My personal experiences were horrible. The way the staff treated me caused me to have break downs and become very depressed. This wasn't a school whatsoever it was like a bootcamp and me and my classmates time and time again found ourselves completely miserable. Take my advice and don't make the same mistake i made by wasting a year of your child's education here. I will never get the year of schooling that i lost here back.

Posted August 14, 2014
There is a reason that there is no original staff there consistently. The school board just voted to close this school because of their two Fs, it's in the newspaper but the principal/owner tells a different story. Funny how Dr. Hunter likes to blame different people for the schools problems but the only person who has constantly been there is him. It's time for him to take the blame for his own actions. Nothing that has taken place there could have happened if it wasn't for him. This is supposed to be a STEM school, but where is the science lab and computer lab he's spoken about. Oh maybe someone is to blame for that too. He tells a different story to everyone. It's time for this school to end it's abusing ways to the community and these children.

Posted August 08, 2014
I was called by an administrator to make an appointment which was subsequently cancelled and rescheduled. I then received TWO phone calls from staff members requesting that I set up a time, when an appointment time had already been scheduled. The final call came on the day of the appointment informing me that if I could arrive before 3:00 pm, I could not be seen. As a working administrator( with my own responsibilities), I scheduled an appointment which appeared to be acceptable to both parties involved. I, in my professional life, have never been treated with such disrespect from an administrative staff. It really makes me wonder how students in this school can be properly educated with an administrative staff that clearly does not respect adults. Food for Thought.

Posted July 09, 2014
Broward Charter School of Science and Technology I have three school age children and one of my children attend this school and is on the dance team. Dr. Hunter deserves a gold medal he has held that school together. Yes, there were some staff changes but it was for the good of the school. The remaining staff and administrators has great dreams and aspiration for the students. The academics are excellent and this school is going to one of the best Charter Schools in Broward County. I highly recommend this school and have encouraged my family and friends to send their children there

Posted April 21, 2014
I have had my children in this school since the beginning when they opened. They had lots of plans and promises for our children to get and stay excited with Science and Technology in all subjects and they just seem to fall short. My children are very unhappy with all of the consistent changes in the staff. I'm afraid with all of the changes, they will far short of passing. I'm taking my children to home school to evaluate their progress to see if they are behind. Beware of the false promises.

Posted March 30, 2014
I can't believe the 2nd floor is still not ready, what a joke. I really was hoping things would turn around for the better. Should've seen the warning signs considering that I heard several teachers had theirs checks bounce more than once last year. How is it that a school that is supposed to be associated with technology continues to have problems with it's own website running.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is the worsted school I've sent my child. I would like to send my child some where she can learn, not to have new teacher every week. My daughter have been complaining that the new math recherche only lets them watch videos and then makes them take a test after, and that's every other she has him, but when it comes to science he like to get into text books and do all kinds of things. My daughter is in 6th grade in FCAT time she'll have to take MATH AND READING FCAT, and as I heard they are now starting to inform our children about civics FCAT and they are now preparing for it. FCAT is around the comet and it seems that they aren't even ready. On top of that last year before I registered my son and daughter to this school they informed me that they will have 2nd floor ready by then, but they didn't even finish the school! All the kids were all sent from the school on a bus to signature grand, then at the end of the day same operation. So then at the middle of the year they finally finished the school, but the school still wasn't ready! Then after that they prekindergarten they would have 2nd story for next year. The year is almost done and they still haven't done it yet!

Posted December 26, 2013
I am appalled that this school is still open due to the lack of resources and professionalism! Whoever does not have a gripe with this school is either delusional or has never set foot in a great school. Please keep your children in a public school or send them to a legitimate private or charter school that is established.

Posted November 25, 2013
It seems that some people are not happy wherever they send their children. My two grandchildren are there and I found the staff to be very helpful. My youngest grand child was not reading when she went there. She is now reading. I highly recommend the school.

Posted November 25, 2013
This is a great school. I don't regret sending my child here. The classes are small and the teachers do a great job with the student.

Broward Charter School Of Science And Technology
1800 North Douglas Road, Pembroke Pines, FL  33024
Last modified Broward Charter School Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broward Charter School Of Science And Technology Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top