558 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The students get math, spelling and reading homework. Just enough where the students can spend time with their families.

It's a Excellent school. I appreciate how sweet everyone is with the kids. The teachers try to help the kids learn the material. The principal is helpful with kids getting to class. Kids love the lunch food. I would definitely recommend this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter's grade teacher is the best. You can really tell that she cares about her students and it's not just a job. She is passionate in what she does and my daughter has shown improvement in her reading level this year.

Excellent school. My daughter first grade teacher was the best. Very patient, understanding, and willing to do what it takes to make sure she makes it. I would highly recommend this school to everyone. Go pirates :-)

Great School my daughter love it. My daughter has improved so much and the teacher is great.

PPE (Pembroke Pines Elementary) is a great public school that caters o the student education through several sources i.e. field trips to Parker Playhouse, incorporating computers, clubs, etc. PPE can improve with merging of students from a charter school environment to public school as my child struggled with the curriculum and style of learning. Once it was explained to the teacher that my childs previous school environment, she quick step in to help him adapt. Great teachers and great school are a good combination.

My children love this school. The teachers and office ladies are amazing. I am so happy that teacher created new clubs for my kids. I wish some parents look at the good things and volunteer.

I have two kids.One loves art and outdoors, the other dancing and singing. That is $65 for each of them to participate in these clubs. I didn't realize that it was only 10 weeks. That's a lot of money for the year for clubs that were free.Chorus has been a free extracurricular activity since I was a kid.I thought the purpose of the PTA was to help the students and school with funding for programs like this?What about families on free lunch? How can they afford this?I thought that was what PTA was for?They just announced that PTA wants to make a huge contribution to the school. No real details, but they cut funding to clubs that were free?I didn't even know you had to fight to get in.I would have had more questions about the PTA budget and said no.

I picked up my son yesterday after school. Normally, he is picked up by my neighbor. As I was driving through the pick up line I noticed so many new teachers standing outside. Later that evening I was speaking to a few neighbors who said the entire school is brand new, even the special teachers. As I read some previous posts I see that the reason for all the new teachers is because they wanted to be closer to their homes. I would think that if you LOVED your place of work, you would remain no matter how far you needed to travel. There must be something more going on in that building that is making the teachers want to leave.

I agree with the below comments about all the new teachers. Many of those teachers lived in the neighborhood and were there for years. It doesn't add up. Something more is going on.

Last modified Pembroke Pines Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.