Pembroke Pines, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted June 28, 2014
Excellent school. My daughter first grade teacher was the best. Very patient, understanding, and willing to do what it takes to make sure she makes it. I would highly recommend this school to everyone. Go pirates :-)

Posted November 26, 2013
Great School my daughter love it. My daughter has improved so much and the teacher is great.

Posted October 25, 2013
PPE (Pembroke Pines Elementary) is a great public school that caters o the student education through several sources i.e. field trips to Parker Playhouse, incorporating computers, clubs, etc. PPE can improve with merging of students from a charter school environment to public school as my child struggled with the curriculum and style of learning. Once it was explained to the teacher that my childs previous school environment, she quick step in to help him adapt. Great teachers and great school are a good combination.

Posted October 02, 2013
My children love this school. The teachers and office ladies are amazing. I am so happy that teacher created new clubs for my kids. I wish some parents look at the good things and volunteer.

Pembroke Pines Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
I have two kids.One loves art and outdoors, the other dancing and singing. That is $65 for each of them to participate in these clubs. I didn't realize that it was only 10 weeks. That's a lot of money for the year for clubs that were free.Chorus has been a free extracurricular activity since I was a kid.I thought the purpose of the PTA was to help the students and school with funding for programs like this?What about families on free lunch? How can they afford this?I thought that was what PTA was for?They just announced that PTA wants to make a huge contribution to the school. No real details, but they cut funding to clubs that were free?I didn't even know you had to fight to get in.I would have had more questions about the PTA budget and said no.

Pembroke Pines Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2013
I picked up my son yesterday after school. Normally, he is picked up by my neighbor. As I was driving through the pick up line I noticed so many new teachers standing outside. Later that evening I was speaking to a few neighbors who said the entire school is brand new, even the special teachers. As I read some previous posts I see that the reason for all the new teachers is because they wanted to be closer to their homes. I would think that if you LOVED your place of work, you would remain no matter how far you needed to travel. There must be something more going on in that building that is making the teachers want to leave.

Pembroke Pines Elementary School 2

Posted August 31, 2013
I agree with the below comments about all the new teachers. Many of those teachers lived in the neighborhood and were there for years. It doesn't add up. Something more is going on.

Pembroke Pines Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
I too see the change at PPE this year and wondered quite often about what is going on at the school. There are many new faces that I can't keep up with the change. Even the atmosphere, the morale, at school feels different. That is why I do not plan to attend anymore school functions, seems insincere.It is good to hear that parents have pulled their children out of charter and attend the public school system. I'm all about public education, and loved PPE, but seeing all these changes at once, qualified teachers, more enrollment, more volunteer hours, technology, and all the great positive listing that the principal suggests, but they still dropped to a C school? 2 of my kids attended PPE from K-5 and 1 more remains for the last year, the school has never been lower than a B. I honestly feel terrible for my last child not to receive the quality education from my other 2 kids teachers and it can't honestly be to be closer to home. They drove all that way for 10 plus years. Now the drive is too much? There is more to it.Look at the teachers faces.Says it all, just like someone said below.

Posted August 27, 2013
I agree that we have fabulous teachers (and staff) at PPE! Some of the teachers that you have mentioned have retired or have moved to schools closer to their home. I am proud to say that our new staff members are experienced teachers that we have recruited from other schools and were highly recommended. Over the past few years as principal, we have increased in student enrollment, volunteer hours, parent involvement, number of gifted and/or ESE certified teachers, technology, and specials classes (including art, music, PE, Spanish, and Science, as well as Media). In addition, we have many teachers that bring their own children to our school. As a parent, that speaks volumes. As always, administration is available to all parents interested in discussing their child's quality education. Thank you for your input. Sincerely, Mrs. Schentrup, Proud Principal of Pembroke Pines Elementary - Home of the Pirates

Pembroke Pines Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2013
I don't know what happened, but my child's fantastic teachers for K, 1, 2, and 3 and others are all gone this year. They were so great and helped my child.Some great teachers still remain, but there are many new faces and not that there is a problem with a few new staff, accept I wonder why all those teachers would leave at one time.They had been through so many principals over the years and all of sudden they are gone now. Even all of the usual volunteers are also gone. I'm glad they will have more access to the library and computers now, but it's strange.I feel like I transferred my child to another school. It is a blow to over all quality.My child has a new teacher this year.We will see how it goes, but sad that those I had grown to love and trust with my child are gone.What's going on?

Pembroke Pines Elementary School
6700 Southwest 9th Street, Pembroke Pines, FL  33023
Last modified Pembroke Pines Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pembroke Pines Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top