Pembroke Pines, FL

Pembroke Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2015
The school is okay. Used to be great. But now, communication is non-existent. They cancel activities and events and don't notify parents. They send home one notice with a SAC meeting date and time, and a different one a week later. They say they will post things on the website, and they never make it. Notices only go home on Thursday. If the notices don't make it to the mailboxes or the folders in time, you are outta luck. But, they DO send a billion Parentlink messages if they want people to pay for something like aftercare. Not even Parentlinks for SAC or PTA meetings. It is frustrating and for people that try to attend as much as possible at the school, it's a real disappointment!

Posted August 01, 2011
I can say only good things about my son's experience with Pembroke Lakes Elementary - from the phenomenal Kindergarten teacher - Mrs. Culver to the administration. I do agree that I was not happy about not being able to go into the school with my son the first day or two of Kindergarten and it was VERY stressful, but I understand the school's reasoning behind it and respect it. The parent-teacher contact is a two-way street. If you want to know how your child is doing - ASK. I have never been denied the opportunity to speak with anyone at the school. Also, I recommend that parents get involved with the school - volunteer - get into the school whenever possible. This will instantly connect you better with the administration and teachers and will enhance your childs experience.

Pembroke Lakes Elementary School

Posted July 30, 2009
My daughter will attend 1st grade this year. I loved her Kindergarten teacher. However, they do not have a meet and greet after Kindergarten. Parents are NOT allowed to walk their children to class from day one. You can find out which class your child is in the first Friday before school begins. This is the only negative thing I can say about this school thus far. They need to understand that children are scared and need support from their parents for at least the first week.

Posted April 21, 2009
I just read the negative review on this school and it is false. There is plenty parent/teacher contact. There is a meet and greet/ orientation before school begins. The school calls and let's you know who your teacher is before the first day of school. The parents can escort the kids up to the first week until they have thier Independence day, where the kids must go in alone. If there is an area of concern you can request a conference with the teachers at any time, they are always happy to meet. The teachers send interim reports to show child's progress. They celebrate all holidays, and inform the kids about it. They take part in lots of activities like Junior Diabetes campaign etc. My son has gone here for 5 years, and I wish it went all the way to high school!! Their after care prog is also great

Posted August 21, 2008
We are more than pleasews with pembroke lakes elementary.From top administration all the way to crossing guards,this place is excellent. Our son has attended for three years there, and loves it. He has been challenged,learned lots, and has had the latest technology to learn on...

Pembroke Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2008
The principal, Ms. Lester will do whatever it takes to avoid talking to a concerned parent. We've been pretty disappointed in the school as a whole. Very little parent/teacher contact, only the twice a year conference. School does not have a meet and greet before classes start so on the first day of school it's a zoo finding out the teacher, meeting the new teacher, finding the classroom, finding their desk, etc. Starting day 2 no parents are allowed in the school. The school does not have career day, celebrate any holidays or even talk about them, only 1 field trip per year. No concern for your child's academic work even with failing grades until 3 weeks before FCATs then the school worries that a failed FCAT score might negatively impact the schools letter grade . On the positive side, my 2 children feel safe at school and like aftercare.

Posted May 02, 2008
I am a parent with 2 children presently attending PLE. I am extremely pleased that my children are able to go to such an excellent school. The administration are all 'for the kids' and the teachers/faculty are of the highest quality. There is much student/teacher/parent involvement and activities which are positive and nurturing. Also, the kids are in a safe, protected environment. My kids 'love' to go to school everyday. We will truly miss PLE when we graduate and go off to middle school.

Posted April 30, 2008
it is an awesome school. Mrs. Lester is and awesome Principal... Thank You!

Posted October 07, 2007
Great School! Friendly staff and administrators have an open door approach! Both of my children attend Pembroke Lakes Elementary. The school strives academically, and the intermedate students have various extra curricular activities and clubs to participate in. S.L. Parent

Pembroke Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2005
Pembroke Lakes Elementary is an excellent school where students can truly grow. The only problem I have is the situation where my son was place this year. he's a 4th grader in a team teacheing class with 48 students. While this team of theachers have been very successful, this is not the best situation for my son.

Pembroke Lakes Elementary School
11251 Taft Street, Pembroke Pines, FL  33026
Last modified Pembroke Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pembroke Lakes Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top