545 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Pines Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2015
The following comment is not about this school. There is not a teacher named Dr. Brown nor is there a teacher named Mrs. Cooley

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 03, 2015
Thank you to all staff but especially the administrators for their dedication to the school and its programs.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted October 03, 2015
The teachers work hard each day to provide for the needs of each student. Exciting projects and lessons are taught to incorporate all subjects into the STEM program.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 03, 2015
Students are given homework according to their grade level. The younger grades have 15-20 minutes per day.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 03, 2015
Teachers and students love the new STEM -Science, Technology, Engineering and Math program that began August 2015.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 03, 2015
All students wear uniforms and are respectful to their peers and teachers. A unified behavior plan is used in the school with rewards for students who earn tickets.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted October 03, 2015
The posts from August 26, 2015 are not about Pines Lakes Elem. on Johnson Street in Pembroke Pines. There are not anty teachers or administrators named Dr. Brown or Mrs. Cooley. The person responding was mistaken.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 26, 2015
Dr. Brown thumbs down she is mean sour and full of pride does not help her way or no way a teacher needs to attend to children who are struggling also.

Pines Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2015
I have two children that attended pine lakes, one was just completed the 5 th grade last year his teachers were the most difficult people to deal with , except his gifted teacher mrs. Cooley who is a wonderful and educated woman/ teacher my problems began with the 1st teacher because my son was spacing out and not on task but as she spoke to me about him she pointed out he runs funny too, she motioned with her arm ( showing me how he runs) and her exact words were no 5 th grader runs like that, she was either saying he was feminine or as a child who was special or slow , he is neither just a bit tall and coming into his own, then two other comments about his book bag and finally about her telling him and me he missed three lessons for missing school due to sickness which I provided a dr.note and she said ' what do you think I'm going to go over the lessons just for you ?' Well yeah you are the teacher and he was sick..so I had him moved from the class to the nightmare Dr. Brown .most of the students do not like her, my son did not want to go to her class I thought he needed a stricter teacher who wasn't picking at things that have nothing to do with his academic performance like the other one ( nameless) and once moved he can not be moved again as I was told by mrs.coffee the principal who seems to never have time and worries more about how people are dressed and did not bother to read my reasons for moving my child from the class. Dr. Brown seems to have only one way of teaching and is a very mean spirited woman , she never let me know my son was failing or doing poorly until I got the report card and asked for a conference , she smirked the whole time happy to fail my son at the meeting asked her to give me a heads up when he is not doing well again nothing until report card, every child learns differently she teaches only one way her way and no make up or helping the child out only the ones she wants. She kept my son and other kids from participating in last days of school parties and not giving them treats etc.. Field day they were the only class out of three that were up in class on computers while she is on her Bluetooth all through the class as confirmed by other students to me too. My son passed this year from above average test scores with saved him because she was out to fail him. My son hated going to that class I hated sending him as Christians

Pines Lakes Elementary School 5

Posted July 07, 2014
This will be my daughter's 5th year at PLE. We may not be an "A" school but we have an "A" staff. My daughter has been very fortunate to have dedicated teachers. Everyone at the office is always so friendly and sensitive to your needs. PLE's police officer is always so nice and helpful, I see him volunteer at a lot of school functions. We were very lucky to have acquired such an enthusiastic and committed principal in 2013. My only concern is the non-logo t-shirt uniforms, very generic. It would be nice to be able to represent PLE as many schools do through uniform. My daughter and I are very happy to be part of PLE's Panther pack!

10300 Johnson St, Pembroke Pines, FL  33026
Last modified Pines Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pines Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top