Pembroke Pines, FL

Pines Lakes Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 26, 2015
Dr. Brown thumbs down she is mean sour and full of pride does not help her way or no way a teacher needs to attend to children who are struggling also.

Pines Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2015
I have two children that attended pine lakes, one was just completed the 5 th grade last year his teachers were the most difficult people to deal with , except his gifted teacher mrs. Cooley who is a wonderful and educated woman/ teacher my problems began with the 1st teacher because my son was spacing out and not on task but as she spoke to me about him she pointed out he runs funny too, she motioned with her arm ( showing me how he runs) and her exact words were no 5 th grader runs like that, she was either saying he was feminine or as a child who was special or slow , he is neither just a bit tall and coming into his own, then two other comments about his book bag and finally about her telling him and me he missed three lessons for missing school due to sickness which I provided a dr.note and she said ' what do you think I'm going to go over the lessons just for you ?' Well yeah you are the teacher and he was sick..so I had him moved from the class to the nightmare Dr. Brown .most of the students do not like her, my son did not want to go to her class I thought he needed a stricter teacher who wasn't picking at things that have nothing to do with his academic performance like the other one ( nameless) and once moved he can not be moved again as I was told by mrs.coffee the principal who seems to never have time and worries more about how people are dressed and did not bother to read my reasons for moving my child from the class. Dr. Brown seems to have only one way of teaching and is a very mean spirited woman , she never let me know my son was failing or doing poorly until I got the report card and asked for a conference , she smirked the whole time happy to fail my son at the meeting asked her to give me a heads up when he is not doing well again nothing until report card, every child learns differently she teaches only one way her way and no make up or helping the child out only the ones she wants. She kept my son and other kids from participating in last days of school parties and not giving them treats etc.. Field day they were the only class out of three that were up in class on computers while she is on her Bluetooth all through the class as confirmed by other students to me too. My son passed this year from above average test scores with saved him because she was out to fail him. My son hated going to that class I hated sending him as Christians

Posted July 07, 2014
This will be my daughter's 5th year at PLE. We may not be an "A" school but we have an "A" staff. My daughter has been very fortunate to have dedicated teachers. Everyone at the office is always so friendly and sensitive to your needs. PLE's police officer is always so nice and helpful, I see him volunteer at a lot of school functions. We were very lucky to have acquired such an enthusiastic and committed principal in 2013. My only concern is the non-logo t-shirt uniforms, very generic. It would be nice to be able to represent PLE as many schools do through uniform. My daughter and I are very happy to be part of PLE's Panther pack!

Posted May 13, 2014
Pines Lakes Elementary has a renewed spirit and excitement under the leadership of the Principal Mrs. Susan Sasse and Assistant Principal Cormic Priester. Academic achievement and motivation have been the focus for this school year. Students and teachers are enjoying this year's theme, "We are all Superheroes."

Posted May 13, 2014
New to this school and my child and I are very happy so far. Nice school in our neighborhood.

Pines Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2014
Pines Lakes is a wonderful, caring community school. The teachers are experienced at what they do and volunteers are welcomed. The new principal is doing great things for the school.

Pines Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I am very happy with this school because the teachers & Office staff are wonderful! To Bad this school is only until 5th grade, I wish it would be until 12th grade.

Posted October 07, 2013
pines lakes elementary has excellent teachers, staff, and voluntarys who proved so much for our children.

Pines Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2013
Wonderful school with a wonderful teaching and support staff that has been torn apart and ruined as of late with the addition of a horrible principal! What was once a loving, caring and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow has become a militant run establishment where the poor teachers and children hate arriving every day and can't wait to leave! Staff and students alike are treated like a number by this woman. Gone are the days when you could rest assured your child was loved and taken care of by an administrative staff that cared. This new administration pretends to value parental involvement, but don't be fooled... word is she ran off the entire PTA program from the school. There is thankfully, a light at the end of this very dark tunnel. This horrible principal will be retiring after the 20113-2014 school year. Thankfully most of the teachers do what they can to continue inspiring the children during these trying times. This used to be such a wonderful school with a true family feel. Hopefully that will return after the reign of Nitti comes to a close.

Posted January 15, 2011
Excellent school, staff & volunteers. I attended this school as a child & all 3 of my kids went there as well. I never had 1 issue with the school. The staff was so caring & friendly. Strict policies about letting parents in without checking in 1st is great for safety. They call with reminders & keep us updated on all that is needed. A+ school, always clean. Highly recommend.

Pines Lakes Elementary School
10300 Johnson St, Pembroke Pines, FL  33026
Last modified Pines Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pines Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top