1,049 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Great School teachers and leadership for their. Commitment. And preparation to our children who will move onto more responsibility in life

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

This year I have had two different science teachers. The first one became an eight grade teacher for the school. The second one quit after a week and a day.

Amount of homework: no rating

Most times I have homework but I get done easy and right away, and my mom some times question me about it, and the other times its good because sometimes it's hard.

Develops character: Disagree

You can not be in relationship {not that's the problem}. But you definitely can not be gay/lesbian/bisexual or any of the lgbt community.

its filled with the smartest kids, disciplined great {if you can handle me you can handle anyone} every one is great and the staff except for the assistant principle Ms.Mansur. Everyone has a problem with her. She gives unneeded LBC and referals, and does some unneeded lectures also.

Many schools have drama I can tell you that but the teachers are so nice. The clubs are fun I'm only in sixth grade and already having the time of my life with all the challenges of switching from class to class . So ya the teachers are tough and nice they just want you to strive to do your best . In fifth grade I wasn't getting the best grades (pinnacle is just a bonus) my parents had taught me how to study and different stuff now my gap is 3.75 . No fifth grade is was in the 3.0 range that was a huge improvement . So ya if you are looking for a great school you just found the best place for your child, grand child, eat. Thanks for reading this review

Walter c young is an excellent school, from day 1 in 6th grade I was very behind in math(or to me I was) with a B minus all the time in regular classes.With a score of 3 on the Fcat math but by 7th grade I received a 4 in math and 5 IN READING!!!! I was so excited and now I'm in 8th grade taking a 9th grade math class, Yes we have uniforms but it's duable you can mix and match sweaters and shoes and any accessorize anything you want (in moderation) and your allowed to wear JEANS!!, No we don't have lockers but that's fine the music program is awesome you make lots of friends and get to go on plenty of field trips. Hmmm, what else Oh the school is dirty -ish( meaning floor has gum and bathrooms are pretty groce) but you will get used to it. Very beautiful scenery lots of trees and flowers and the lunch room just got redone. The teachers really care about you passing and making Honor roll the school is pretty big for a middle school and the layout is well thought out it is an open campus but has enough shelter to keep you dry on rainy days. The principle is INTERESTING . Just don't worry Walter has its flaws but all and all you will grow to love your school. GO KNIGHTS!!

This School is literally the BEST !! I had my daughter transfer from New Renaissance Middle in Miramar, there was so much bullies, she was physically harassed, and the teachers don't do anything about it. But at Walter C, the bully report is amazingly quick, my daughter reported somebody stole her purse, and they found it immediately ! Walter C Young is the best school there is ! New renaissance Middle in Miramar deserves a thumbs down.

This school is a gem, yes you have rude, ill-mannered children here, blame the parents of these kids not the school, they cannot police everything. I have so far have had a VERY positive experience ( compared to very negative experiences with local charter and pricey private schools), this school is run just like a private school down to the uniform policy and I find the academics to be very challenging for my above average child. The staff though, that is the real core of this school, they are courteous, attentive and fair, the committment to excellence is obvious. I feel extremely happy sending my daughter here and as a parent I feel respected and listened to, KUDOS to Mrs Clarke and Mrs Kinkaide part of a superb administrative team!!!

Amazing school. Has helped me learn alot. Band is amazing in this school. The director has many years of experience. Band was my favorite.

Last modified Walter C. Young Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.