Chapel Trail Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 759 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 11, 2014

I believe they don't really want to deal with the child. Their method of 'dealing' with it is to send the child to the office, where he then plays with toys there and socializes with the staff. Also, they call me (the parent) to complain almost on a daily basis and to have him picked up because "he is not having a good day". I have even had to get help from an advocate for my son to receive services such as Tech assist. I'm not very happy with the ESE specialist as she does not seem to want to help the kids. Last year she insisted that my son was going to struggle and not do well in the next grade. I don't understand how she could make that prediction when all of his tests were average and above average.

Posted October 24, 2013

Chapel Trail is a great school! My son has been in this school for kinder and first grade. The teachers are excellent.

Posted October 15, 2013

I don't understand why there are so many charter schools in this area. This school is fantastic! Good public schools are not an option for most people who live in South Florida. Don't believe me? Check the Great Schools ratings for surrounding areas. We moved our family into this neighborhood which is pretty much in the Everglades, FOR THIS SCHOOL ZONE. My kids have attended this school for 3 years and LOVE it! I can't find one thing to complain about. It's worth every long drive to work and the higher price to live here. I also want to add that I am not one of those PTA totally involved super moms either, you don't have to be. BUT if you like that sort of thing, then you will fit right in here. The PTA is major. All of the teachers I have dealt with have been great but there are two that really stood out. Mrs. Robayna and Mrs. Reynolds. If you can get one of those teachers for your kids- you hit the lottery. They are very special and they LOVE the kids. My children will remember these women forever. I am sad that this will be our last year at Chapel Trail Elem. but because the area is so perfect we will be moving on to Silver Trail Middle which is also very highly rated.

Posted May 8, 2013

Teachers, in general are good and open to the children needs. Principal and assistant principal are quite the opposite. They are distant and unfriendly with the kids, and parents. On several occasions they were dismissive and condescending. They are terrible leaders, and set a bad example for the staff at Chapel Trail.

Posted February 15, 2013

I'm a father of two kids who currently attend chapel trail elem and my only beef with this school has been with the front office staff, i believe they lack professionalism and a good attitude, it's as if you were a bothered every time you have a concern or a problem and i believe it's the leadership were it starts. This unfortunately would've never occur with the previous principal Mr. B cause he would interfere in every issue that would happened at that school, the current staff is lazy, rude, unprosseional and lacks customer service education. I love the teachers there, like i said the staff is a reflection of the principal disorganize nature. I'm a big supporter of our teachers, classrooms and schools in any way i can but this school or principle should definitely retrain the staff.

Posted August 8, 2012

My family s experience, thus far, I can only say that I am very satisfied with Chapel Trail Elementary, its teachers, principals, paraprofessionals and parental community. My child is happy, positive, has made lots of friends, and is enjoying her overall school experience. My child is going into first grade already reading, as well as in math adding in single and double digits. My child s academics and view of school are only a reflection of Chapel Trail s excellence and the parent/teacher support and interaction that is implemented.

Posted May 22, 2012

My children have been attending this school for the past 3 years.They have blossomed, both academically and socially. Fantastic teachers and support staff. The principal and assistant principal seem detached, and at times, hostile. I have personally had no conflicts with them, nor have my children. They could use a refresher course in Personality 101. The teachers, I will say again, are top notch!! I would love to see more parents involved, both in the classroom and with school activities/functions.

Posted November 30, 2011

The teachers and everyone is very nice and respectful. I cant say the same thing regarding the assistant principal, Mrs Coachman, she has a very bad attitude and does not know how to be polite to parents and students. From my experience with her, the school could do without her rudeness.

Posted October 17, 2011

Let me just say my point based on experience as a student there, realizing their thoughtless flaws. Do they put your child in their appropriate learning level? Nope. Do they try to resolve bullying taking place at the school? No! Do they have teachers who make the kids feel that they will be able to do well in school? Absolutely not. If your child was a student who had no friends to socialize with, would a teacher ask your child's fellow students to give your child company? No such thing. If your child needed something (whether it be a bathroom emergency, a medical emergency, or an injury) will the staff always provide that for your child when needed the most? They don't give a baloney unless a bone is broken. So if your child has had bad experiences with bullies, CTE is a no-go. If your child has sensitive feelings, then this school will hurt their future self esteem.

Posted September 28, 2011

its a great school only if you are hispanic..but if you are a different culture, then your kid is in trouble. very insensitive faculty, who are only aware of their hispanic culture.

Posted October 22, 2010

Its a good school but they focus too much on FCATS I think. I don't see the kids being challenged as much as I thought I'd see and the adminstration is rather rude. They seem to think we cant hear them when they speak about kids or parents as we wait in the office. I'm not supper excited about this school. I think they can push our kids more and be a little nicer in that office.

Posted September 1, 2010

My son attended 1-5 + 2 months K, ending 2008. All but 5th were good or great. Especially good were teachers marie rosenthal and michelle tse. 5th grade was bad. His fcat scores fell like a rock that year. His teacher was frequently absent. The principal, balchunas, was in the classroom every day to remind the kids to accept their autistic classmate. Worthy goal, but not handled well, class was constantly in chaos. I found balchunas unhelpful and dogmatic on substantive matters, while being a charismatic cheerleader for the school and himself.

Posted November 19, 2009

Chapel Trail Elementary School should be a model for other schools to follow. The excellence in the administration and staff is second to none! We are losing an amazing Principal, Joseph Balchunas, but he has left an amazing groundwork and has put procedures in place to ensure that our school continues to be the Best in the West. We are fortunate to have a wonderful Intern Principal and an experienced and dedicated new Principal taking over. The parent involvement is extraordinary!

Posted November 7, 2009

CTE is the best in the West as they proudly say. My child had a phenomal kindergarten year and so far so good this year. They have great teachers and Mr. B is really the best. But unfortunatetly, Mr. B is leaving CTE. We will greatly miss him. So will the children. Someone will have big shoes to fill!!! Mr. B, we wish you the best!

Posted August 24, 2009

I can't say enough great things about this school. one thing we forget is what a awesome principal we are so fortunate to have here! this guy Mr. B. should be a role model of how a principal should be. HIs interaction with parents and students is superb! hope to keep him around a bit longer; i have 2 little ones in the school and i'm afraid they'll take him from our school if too many good things are said about him.

Posted August 18, 2009

I am a parent and volunteer at Chapel Trail Elementary School. The School is so organized and has a excelent teachers.

Posted March 20, 2008

I cannot say enough good things about Chapel Trail Elementary. The principal, staff, and teachers are excellent. The kind. program is awesome and Mrs. Barron is top notch. The PTA program is great and Mr. B the principal is outstanding. My daughter loves going to school everyday and we are very sad to move.

Posted November 29, 2007

Im happy in general with the school, this is my third child in CTE, and we have been here since it opened, my only complaint is that my first two children excelled in the school but my last child had a lot of difficulty in math and reading skills and the school had no additional support to help her other than a great teacher, which is not enough. The school is great if your kid is doing well, but if they are not the school has nothing to offer to help them.

Posted November 28, 2007

I have a 5th grader and a kindergarten in CTE. So far the school has been wonderful. The teachers I have had experience with are great and the new principal is fantastic. he makes the students feel important, and boost their self-esteem. My only complaint is the school's appearance. That situation can be rectified, but for years it hasn't. Other than that, I'm pleased, the teachers are doing their job well.

Posted October 3, 2007

This school is a trusting and safe school. Everyone is very nice!!! This is the best school has the best teachers,staff,students and principle!!!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

135 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

136 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

144 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

146 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 3% 3%

Other degree 2%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

19595 Taft St