Pembroke Pines, FL

Posted April 09, 2015
I can't say enough good things about the school. I have two kids and one is still at this school in third grade. My older one already moved on to middle school. The faculty is magnificent with the kids. They all care and seem to love the school and it shows in how they interact with the students. As I noticed and have been a part of it the Autism cluster classes and those teachers eagerness to help them reach their full potential. They make sure that every child is involved and gets to experience all the activities with the rest of the school. The community involvement is great. They instill good moral and social practice in the children. I particularly like the "Pay It Forward" attitude. They are also very into the environment and recycling. Another great thing that they teach the students is the care of animals. They call it "Paw It Forward" where they collect to give to the local animal shelter. The school has a very high parent involvement in helping the school. Regards,

Posted August 14, 2013
We love Panther Run Elementary! My children have been accepted to several area charter schools, but we turned them all down in favor of Panther Run. The principal, Ms. Saef, is amazing. She truly cares about her staff, the students, and the school. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted May 16, 2013
I love Panther Run Elementary. The teachers are very well qualified and caring for the children like a big family. My son is very happy abouth Panther Run Elem. but this year he will be starting middle school, I am sure he will miss all of the teachers there.

Posted November 15, 2012
Best school and teachers love it. Both my kids have gone here. Great staff. I highly recommend Panther Run

Posted August 28, 2011
Drop off at Panther Run is usually pretty smooth. The only thing that usually slows things down are the parents who won't let their students ourt of the car anywhere but the number one position closest to the entrance. At least 10 cars could be dropping off along the lane and the two staff supervising the area rarely budge from the railing to assist or encourage parents to let the children out sooner to keep the line moving. It usually only takles a few minutes to drop off once you enter the liine.

Panther Run Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2011
Can anyone tell me what the parking and drop-off time is like at Panther Run on 172nd? I am looking to transfer my daughter to this school since I have heard so many great things about it. It currently takes me about 45 minutes to drop my daughter off due to lack of parking and drive-through space at her new school.

Panther Run Elementary School 3

Posted June 15, 2011
This is my 4th year at Panther Run, and every year goes by, just exactly the same as the one before. Nothing feels special anymore. Just the same script read over and over. Administrative people and teachers are very nice, however they're just trained to repeat the same script every year. I am sure Many parents could support economically the school for better enrichment activities, art and music events where every kid in the school could be involved, not just the one or 2 lucky ones per class that get to be in the end of the year presentation. This neighborhood is great and deserves that Panther Run have more innovative activities. They have great facilities and auditorium, just missing a leader to implement change to take advantage of all of what they have. I am posting this in hope that comments like these make the school principal realize there's a lot that can be done. Panther Run have great people working there, but change is being for long needed.

Posted May 10, 2011
Panther Run is the best school in Broward County. The entire staff is excellent. The kids are nurtured and loved. The school environment is very welcoming. This school is so awesome. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 16, 2011
My son has attended Panther Run since kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. It is an amazing school with truly caring teachers and a challenging curriculum. The Principal, Ms. Saef, genuinely cares about her students and is always available. She can always be seen in the halls interacting with students and is always available to talk to parents, with no appointment needed. Even though our schools have faced severe budget cuts over the years, this school strives to continue to provide more, with less. There are clubs, extra reading and math programs, special events for the students and family nights. This school provides much more than just the basics. My son has had great teachers, who really seemed to love their jobs and their students. They strive to challenge each child to reach their full potential. This year, my son's teacher told us that she was always available to us and then really proved it when she gave the entire class her home phone number. Parental involvement and volunteerism is encouraged at this school, which creates a family-like atmosphere. This is a wonderful school with great leadership, caring teachers and a fun, yet challenging atmosphere.

Panther Run Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2011
Compared to my daughter's previous school, Panther Run is average, at best. Some of the fifth grade teachers are not very imaginative in the way they present the material to make it more interesting. They are given the basics, but litle effort is made to go beyond that. Much of the information taught, my daughter had already learned one to two years ago. I had heard that this was a great school, but it does not live up to expectations. Also, there are many county and state-wide contests that the school can be involved in for the benefit of their students that they do not take advantage of:( In response to most recent comment, teachers can be very creative and provide advanced education on a limited budget (speaking from experience). This is the challenge presented to all teachers across the US. I am sure there are great teachers in Panther Run but my teacher comments are related to those I have personally encountered. Additionally, I did not state that Panther Run does not participate in ANY state/county contests but that there are many more that they COULD BE involved in. And...YES...these options have been discussed with teachers and other appropriate individuals.

Panther Run Elementary School
801 Northwest 172nd Avenue, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified Panther Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Panther Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top