831 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

My kids go to school to learn and also getting home to continue learning. homework is about right in reference to the amount I know they complained a little but It gives them more opportunity to grow and to review their lessons

Great school ! I have 2 daughters and niece and nephew attending this great school. The staff made the transition welcoming and stees Free. Have had great experiences with the Teachers, Communication is Key and teachers respond to emails and anytime and day (including weekends ) in a timely manner. The entire staff are happy to solve any issues or concerns professionally and are great in following up. We love Somerset !

THIS BEST IN THE AREA THE TEACHER, THE STAFF AND COACHES EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT IS PART OF THE SCHOOL ARE SO SPECIAL ARE THE BEST AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN FOR KNOWLEDGE AND SOCIAL AREA THE ARE REALLY PART OF THE SHOOL.

i like this school. it is nice. the school. nothindg to improve in the scholll

My friend kids attended this school. I have heard and seen great results. Hope to send my child there soon.

I have been to this school since Kindergarden and I personally like it but it isn't the best school in the world. As a student I can honestly speak for the other student and teachers as well. The school has many cliques and a huge amount of rude people who can be bullies. Even though our school says they take bullying seriously, it still goes on all the time. I know lots of people here so I personally don't get bullied but a lot of new people who tend to be more quiet usually get bullied. Also, the people can be very obnoxious. As for the learning, this school has both good and bad. I've had some teachers, actually, quite a few teachers that have been absolutely amazing. Not only are they fun in class, but you learn so much! I've also had teachers though, that you learn absolutely nothing in all year but don't worry, there aren't that many of those. Our school keeps progressing and is trying to provide as many classes and opportunities as possible. The learning is magnificent and if you want a challenge, the advanced and pre-AP classes are magnificent. Hard and challenging, but definitely not impossible to pass. I like this school but like others it has it's good and bads.

An abundant of overachieving students, teachers, and administrators! We feel extremely fortunate to have three children attending Somerset Academy. This school exemplifies what a school can achieve under superior leadership. Principal extraordinaire,Mr. Bernardo Montero, is by far the most impressive principal I have witnessed, yielding tremendous accolades for this school. My husband is an Attorney and I am a former teacher and we feel the school is affording our children top notch academics in superb environment. The parental involvement is incredible as are the amenities and facilities. They have award-winning programs including: a Pre-Law Academy complete with a real Mock court room, a Pre-Med Academy, a Fine Arts Conservatory complete with a Dance Studio and a professional Martial Arts program. The school is constantly triumphant in all kinds of competitions...From debate events to athletics events. They strive to excel in ALL endeavors and activities, big or small. Prior to Somerset, our children attended an excellent charter school and private school in Weston. Somerset has undoubtedly surpassed both of these schools.

Somerset is not for the mediocre! If you or your child are driven to aspire to be the best, then this school is for you. The excellence begins from the administration and infused into teachers and curriculum. Head Principal, Mr. Montero aspires to be the best and it shows. He is involved in all aspects of the school and knows every family. It is a unique charter school with Elementary, Middle, and High School in separate buildings but on the same campus. Our children look forward to attending school and we are confident they are receiving an accelerated education second to none.

Started out well enough and had so much potential to be a great school then the culture of the school changed about four years ago. Most of the teachers are not certified. The administration promises all sorts of things but never deliver on the promises. It is now all about the money and less about the students.

Since moving to Florida some years ago, this school is the BEST I have experienced in Broward county! The principal, Mr. Montero, exemplifies what every parent looks for: good leadership, high standards, discipline, proactive academics and good communication with parents. If I have ever had a problem, he is always responsive and productive. His teachers, for the most part are extraordinary. Chapel Trail is a TRIPLE THREAT "A" SCHOOL for a reason: GOOD LEADERSHIP! He is the best thing to happen to my kids.

Last modified Somerset Academy Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.