Public charter
Pembroke Pines, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 15, 2014
i like this school. it is nice. the school. nothindg to improve in the scholll

Posted December 13, 2013
My friend kids attended this school. I have heard and seen great results. Hope to send my child there soon.

Posted May 25, 2012
I have been to this school since Kindergarden and I personally like it but it isn't the best school in the world. As a student I can honestly speak for the other student and teachers as well. The school has many cliques and a huge amount of rude people who can be bullies. Even though our school says they take bullying seriously, it still goes on all the time. I know lots of people here so I personally don't get bullied but a lot of new people who tend to be more quiet usually get bullied. Also, the people can be very obnoxious. As for the learning, this school has both good and bad. I've had some teachers, actually, quite a few teachers that have been absolutely amazing. Not only are they fun in class, but you learn so much! I've also had teachers though, that you learn absolutely nothing in all year but don't worry, there aren't that many of those. Our school keeps progressing and is trying to provide as many classes and opportunities as possible. The learning is magnificent and if you want a challenge, the advanced and pre-AP classes are magnificent. Hard and challenging, but definitely not impossible to pass. I like this school but like others it has it's good and bads.

Posted May 25, 2011
An abundant of overachieving students, teachers, and administrators! We feel extremely fortunate to have three children attending Somerset Academy. This school exemplifies what a school can achieve under superior leadership. Principal extraordinaire,Mr. Bernardo Montero, is by far the most impressive principal I have witnessed, yielding tremendous accolades for this school. My husband is an Attorney and I am a former teacher and we feel the school is affording our children top notch academics in superb environment. The parental involvement is incredible as are the amenities and facilities. They have award-winning programs including: a Pre-Law Academy complete with a real Mock court room, a Pre-Med Academy, a Fine Arts Conservatory complete with a Dance Studio and a professional Martial Arts program. The school is constantly triumphant in all kinds of competitions...From debate events to athletics events. They strive to excel in ALL endeavors and activities, big or small. Prior to Somerset, our children attended an excellent charter school and private school in Weston. Somerset has undoubtedly surpassed both of these schools.

Posted May 25, 2011
Somerset is not for the mediocre! If you or your child are driven to aspire to be the best, then this school is for you. The excellence begins from the administration and infused into teachers and curriculum. Head Principal, Mr. Montero aspires to be the best and it shows. He is involved in all aspects of the school and knows every family. It is a unique charter school with Elementary, Middle, and High School in separate buildings but on the same campus. Our children look forward to attending school and we are confident they are receiving an accelerated education second to none.

Somerset Academy Middle School 3

Posted April 17, 2011
Started out well enough and had so much potential to be a great school then the culture of the school changed about four years ago. Most of the teachers are not certified. The administration promises all sorts of things but never deliver on the promises. It is now all about the money and less about the students.

Posted November 05, 2010
Since moving to Florida some years ago, this school is the BEST I have experienced in Broward county! The principal, Mr. Montero, exemplifies what every parent looks for: good leadership, high standards, discipline, proactive academics and good communication with parents. If I have ever had a problem, he is always responsive and productive. His teachers, for the most part are extraordinary. Chapel Trail is a TRIPLE THREAT "A" SCHOOL for a reason: GOOD LEADERSHIP! He is the best thing to happen to my kids.

Posted October 19, 2009
Great school with involved teachers though wish they were all fluent in English... Do not understand why children from Spanish speaking homes goes to beginner Spanish??? Mr Montero is great and strict which for me and my child is greatly appreciated. The admin seems to be in lala-land from time to time different answers depending on who you speak with. Overall I think this is a great school!

Somerset Academy Middle School 0

Posted October 16, 2009
My daughter is new to the school and I love it. She is bused in from Fort Lauderdale and it requires us to have longer days but it is worth the extra effort.

Posted October 16, 2009
My son is an ESE student which just started Middle School. The transition to a completely new school is hard for students from Elementary let alone a kid with ADD. It was a rough start but action taken on my concerns were addressed immediately. Principal Montero's exceptional leadership is noticeable. He has no troubles rolling up his sleeves in every capacity of the school's function, be it car line, security and just about anything that comes his way. His connection with the students is what caught my eye above everything. My son respects him and that's hard to come by now days. My experience with the teachers I'll sum in three words, responsive, communicative and proactive. My experience with staff, Guidance Counselor and ESE Director has been wonderful and love the variety of After school activities and clubs. I know my son is safe when attending Somerset. Fantastic school all around.

Somerset Academy Middle School
20803 Johnson Street, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified Somerset Academy Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Somerset Academy Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top