679 students|Fsu Lab Sch

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 04, 2016
This School is an Amazing School, We enter the School in August 2015 and they welcome my child and us wonderful, my child get an amazing support from the Teacher's . This is a really academic graded school. Thanks all teachers and the Principals

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 04, 2016
Mrs. Coleman and Mr. Capiro thanks for your support you guys Rock . Thank you very much

The Pembroke Pines Florida 3

Posted January 29, 2016
Great teachers but the staff leave something to be desired. Asked for a conference, never received one. My child was pulled into the principles office and I was never notified. Not to mention the police officer assigned to the school who will make you feel like a convict anytime you encounter him. Its a hit or miss. Not any better than the district school in my area.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 14, 2015
Ms. Slaski was an amazing educator. She knew how to engage the students and loves her job.

Posted October 28, 2014
Both my kids have been there for 2 yrs now. From kindergarten to first grade and from Second grade to third. The school is wonderful. They have an afterschool program and a lot of extra programs. You can also have the YMCA pick up your child for after care. Gives them a balance social structure. The teachers really care and the front office (principals) office very organized. My little one in the beginning ended up in the principals office daily for a week. He was acting up and to my surprise Dr. Libidinsky was super patient and Ms. Caballero was without words, the best teacher ever, her kindness has no limits. They both were so patient and caring and my son received all the help he needed. He was diagnosed with ADHD and the school gave him so much support. Now he takes medicine and all is normal. But I realized the school was amazing with all their help. They came from Sunset Lakes which is also great. But charter is a different level. To start with, my kids each have two teachers and the size of the class is not above 20 kids. The teaching programs are extraordinary. Great school and great management (and super clean)..... Thanks FSU! Keep up the good work...

The Pembroke Pines Florida 1

Posted June 24, 2013
I am glad they didn't lose your child like they did mine... Or left him alone with older kids while they were little. The principal, a total joke. So much that I had to withdraw my child out of the school not without a fight. We pursue a claim against the city and the school. Glad we succeeded and that our child is not a Pembroke Pines statistic.

Posted August 30, 2012
Our son attended the PPCES FSU campus from Kindergarten to 5th grade. He was in the ESE program from start to finish and we could not be happier with his progress. The whole school embraced our child and he has made strides beyond our wildest dreams. Mrs. A. Rodriguez is an AMAZING Teacher. We love the staff, the students, the academics....our list goes on and on. Thank you for everything. We are confident that he is now ready for the next chaper in his life, but we will miss you more than you know.

Posted May 03, 2012
This was our son's first year at the FSU charter and the experience has been amazing. He is on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum, so he receives support from the school's ESE program and is integrated in a regular classroom. My son has blossomed in this school, all due to the concerted effort of the teachers and staff. My concerns are addressed quickly; the communication is excellent. The volunteer opportunities have allowed my family to be part of this community school in ways we had not experienced before.

Posted March 17, 2012
We pulled our child out of private school to attend this school, and we never looked back. I am blown away at the organization, staff, curriculum, teachers, and community. We feel fortunate to be here.

The Pembroke Pines Florida 2

Posted July 20, 2011
We were so excited 3 years ago when my son was accepted to this school, however all excitement has faded away. This school is not all it's cracked up to be. Coming from out of state, this school pales in comparison to how I grew up. I agree with other reviewers that there is zero communication. I have no idea what my son has done for the past 3 years in school. There is no class newsletter, no curriculum night, nothing other than being told to go to the state dept of education website to read the curriculum. I could go on and on. The few positives are that they haven't cut specials as in other neighborhood schools (although you do pay for them), and there are a number of clubs that weren't available in our also highly regarded neighborhood school. Also, my second son did have an excellent kindergarten teacher this year. I started to think it was me, but when talking to parents who are truly in tune to what good education is, we have all come to the same conclusion that this school misses the mark.

601 Southwest 172nd Avenue, Pembroke Pines, FL  33029
Last modified The Pembroke Pines Florida is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Pembroke Pines Florida Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top