679 students|Fsu Lab Sch

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This School is an Amazing School, We enter the School in August 2015 and they welcome my child and us wonderful, my child get an amazing support from the Teacher's . This is a really academic graded school. Thanks all teachers and the Principals

Great teachers but the staff leave something to be desired. Asked for a conference, never received one. My child was pulled into the principles office and I was never notified. Not to mention the police officer assigned to the school who will make you feel like a convict anytime you encounter him. Its a hit or miss. Not any better than the district school in my area.

Both my kids have been there for 2 yrs now. From kindergarten to first grade and from Second grade to third. The school is wonderful. They have an afterschool program and a lot of extra programs. You can also have the YMCA pick up your child for after care. Gives them a balance social structure. The teachers really care and the front office (principals) office very organized. My little one in the beginning ended up in the principals office daily for a week. He was acting up and to my surprise Dr. Libidinsky was super patient and Ms. Caballero was without words, the best teacher ever, her kindness has no limits. They both were so patient and caring and my son received all the help he needed. He was diagnosed with ADHD and the school gave him so much support. Now he takes medicine and all is normal. But I realized the school was amazing with all their help. They came from Sunset Lakes which is also great. But charter is a different level. To start with, my kids each have two teachers and the size of the class is not above 20 kids. The teaching programs are extraordinary. Great school and great management (and super clean)..... Thanks FSU! Keep up the good work...

I am glad they didn't lose your child like they did mine... Or left him alone with older kids while they were little. The principal, a total joke. So much that I had to withdraw my child out of the school not without a fight. We pursue a claim against the city and the school. Glad we succeeded and that our child is not a Pembroke Pines statistic.

Our son attended the PPCES FSU campus from Kindergarten to 5th grade. He was in the ESE program from start to finish and we could not be happier with his progress. The whole school embraced our child and he has made strides beyond our wildest dreams. Mrs. A. Rodriguez is an AMAZING Teacher. We love the staff, the students, the academics....our list goes on and on. Thank you for everything. We are confident that he is now ready for the next chaper in his life, but we will miss you more than you know.

This was our son's first year at the FSU charter and the experience has been amazing. He is on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum, so he receives support from the school's ESE program and is integrated in a regular classroom. My son has blossomed in this school, all due to the concerted effort of the teachers and staff. My concerns are addressed quickly; the communication is excellent. The volunteer opportunities have allowed my family to be part of this community school in ways we had not experienced before.

We pulled our child out of private school to attend this school, and we never looked back. I am blown away at the organization, staff, curriculum, teachers, and community. We feel fortunate to be here.

We were so excited 3 years ago when my son was accepted to this school, however all excitement has faded away. This school is not all it's cracked up to be. Coming from out of state, this school pales in comparison to how I grew up. I agree with other reviewers that there is zero communication. I have no idea what my son has done for the past 3 years in school. There is no class newsletter, no curriculum night, nothing other than being told to go to the state dept of education website to read the curriculum. I could go on and on. The few positives are that they haven't cut specials as in other neighborhood schools (although you do pay for them), and there are a number of clubs that weren't available in our also highly regarded neighborhood school. Also, my second son did have an excellent kindergarten teacher this year. I started to think it was me, but when talking to parents who are truly in tune to what good education is, we have all come to the same conclusion that this school misses the mark.

This is not a great school. If you do not get admission to this school do not worry, you are lucky. There is no communication from teachers. When you write to teachers they care less to answer. Even when you get answer it is always vague, no clarity. They would not share the assessment test results that are conducted all through the year with the parents. Other local schools share this information with parents. If the assessments are shared then there is an opportunity for parents to help coach their kids. This school does not get it. I have brought up these issues several times to senior administration. No followup action. They care less for the concerns. I checked with other parents in private. Most of them have similar concerns. I would encourage posting issues to expose this school. being told

If your child has special needs outside of autism this is not the school for you. The lady in charge of the ESE program is horrible. My child came home crying everyday from school. We spent one school year at this school and regret it. I do think it is a great school for normal students. It is sad that they can not keep up that standard for kids with special needs. We moved to our regular home school and my child is receiving all of the support needed.

Last modified The Pembroke Pines Florida is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.