Cambridge Academy

Private | PK-5

Student diversity

Living in Pembroke Pines

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $240,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,680.

Sweep tile

Posted January 24, 2013

I believe this school is the best experience I have ever encountered. My son has been attending this school since he was two and he graduates this year. I am already starting to register my 22 month old to start right away. The director and assistant director are two amazing people who are so friendly and are always there. His teachers have been fantastic every year and my child will be graduating being above and beynd prepared for Kindergarten. I would recommend and have recommended this school to everyone I know.

Posted August 24, 2012

We had an amazing experience at this school! The curriculum is excellent and the kids are engaged in creative and educational activities all day. Cambridge does a great job of teaching through reading, art and tactile activities.

Posted June 15, 2012

Cambridge is extremely unorganized and there were numerous times where I felt that my child was not properly cared for. One time in particular I received a phone call that my son peed through his change of underwear and I needed to bring another pair. My son was in pull ups at the time and was not wearing underwear! They put somoene else's underwear on him and let him sit in his own pee. Many of the teachers are not certified in teaching, so you don't know what you are dealing with. They can't even get your monthly bill correct. I would highly advise against sending your child here.

Posted May 14, 2012

Cambridge schools are the worst, they are owned by KinderCare and upcharge for the NAME "Cambridge". I have had nothing but bad experiences with all but a couple of teachers. The director, the receptionist are total and utter snobs with nothing but contempt. I wouldn't recommend this school for a dog let alone a child. It's not worth the money, go to another school there are really good ones out there.

Posted April 3, 2012

After an incident that required involvement of the district's Director, we were asked by them to give the school another chance. We went back again to register my kid for spring break only to find attitute and rudeness at its best through the receptionist "Rosie". I asked to speak to the principal who assured me that she would speak with her, but after discussing it with my husband he convinced me that we didn't have to accept this behavior and that there were other schools with more caring and professional people... I'm glad I didn't go back, we did find another school and couldn't be happier.

Posted May 30, 2009

I absolutely love this school. My daughter has learned so much in every aspect because not only are they enforcing academics they are ensuring they are well behaved. My daughter has been there for five months and had a drastic improvement with this preschool. They never watch television as most schools do and they never are sitting around doing just nothing.

Posted July 18, 2007

My 2 yr old son recently started to attend this school. It is very clean, seems very organized, and his teachers were great. This week they seem to have fired all the teachers in his classroom and they were very experienced. The current teachers seem OK but may be inexperienced with this age group. I am not sure of the turnover rate of their teachers and certainly that is a concern for the stability of the children.

Posted March 28, 2007

This is a wonderful school. They cover so much with the children. My son really came home having learned something new everyday. One of my only concerns was that his teachers in the lower level classes (18-24 months and 2 y/o classes) weren't as proficient in English as I would have liked them to be.I think he had trouble understanding them through their accents. But at the same time he was very attached to them, you couldn't find more loving,nurturing teachers anywhere.

Posted May 31, 2005

I have nothing but good things to say about Cambridge. My daughter just completed pre-K after attending since she was 2 yrs. This school is a wonderful place for children, and I always felt good about leaving her in their care.

Posted May 17, 2005

The academic programs were good because they included various subjects such as computers and spanish. They also have different activities that introduce kids to different topics such as different cultures. Cambridge offers music, art and sports classes. It is also possible to find extracurricular activities such as swimming classes, karate on-site.

18055 NW 8 Street