Pembroke Pines, FL

Posted December 12, 2014
worst school you can send your child they don't know what teaching is your child will be 3 class behind compare to public school.

Posted December 03, 2014
Words cannot describe as a parent how happy I am with Montessori academy for my son. The nurture and education he is receiving is beyond words. The school director has a heart that extends beyond many and her love of the school, children and parents is something you don't find everywhere as I went to many schools before choosing Montessori academy. I am very happy with my choice and am hooked on the Montessori method and the way the school runs all around.

Posted December 02, 2014
Our daughter has been a student at Montessori Academy of Broward for three years now, and we would not change her school for anything in the world. Everyone at MAB is absolutely amazing, from Ms. Monica, who leads the school taking care of each small detail, not only from the academic perspective, but from an integral development of every child at the school, to each an every one of the teachers and fabulous staff at the school. The classroom experience is designed following Dr. Montessori's methodology, the teachers are impeccable in their being and mostly for how much they care for each child and their family. The school has a nurturing environment in which families meet and become friends for life. Our child is experiencing an education that flows respecting the integrity of her being, nurturing who she is as a whole, not just focused on her academic progress (which is amazing), but also in developing herself as a conscious individual, loving and honoring nature, the environment, her friends, her community and herself. Ms. Monica, her teachers and staff are more than our school, our community, our friends and our family...

Posted November 25, 2014
My son is in his second year at Montessori Academy and we have loved it thus far. Ms. Monica knows all the children by name and makes each one feel special. His teachers in both the toddler room and young montessori classroom have been great. We love the two open houses, family days and other events they have through out the year. It makes everyone feel like they are apart of the school. He will be attending again next year for VPK. My son has also thrived. He has always been advanced for his age so finding a school that challenged him was top of our list. He is only 3 and knows the continents! They make learning fun (singing songs, coloring) and he think he is playing a game. The Montessori lessons are also fantastic. I can not say enough about how great this school is.

Posted February 27, 2014
Horrible experience!!!! They used up all my sons VPK hours to only conveniently tell us that he's being kicked out of school for his behavior! Mind you, we had ONLY 1 parent teacher meeting AND HE'S ONLY 4 YEARS OLD!!!! I specifically explained to them that the culture from his previous school was COMPLETELY different then Montessori but they ASURRED me that he was going to be "just fine". Clearly all they cared about was the $ signs!!! What they want are kids that don't have a mind of there own in order to make the teachers jobs a whole lot easier. As far as curriculum is concerned, they're way behind from where other VPK schools are. I wouldn't recommend this school to ANYONE!!!!

Posted October 06, 2013
My daughter started Montessori Academy when she was 3 years old and is now 8 years old in third grade. My son voluntarily started as a toddler at 23 months when we went for a tour. I had to buy him a uniform and leave him because he was so excited to stay. He is now almost 5 and in pre-k. My children have never come home with ant bites, they have rarely if ever been sent to the thinking chair, and even during the one year that proved most challenging(my daughter's kindergarten), she never wanted to leave her school or change classrooms. My children are rarely ever sick. They are happy to go to school and are very well rounded. Ms. Monica is available for any concerns and knows every child even now that the school has become so large. Just today, when faced with the decision of moving to an amazing home on the beach they both absolutely loved, or staying at Montessori, they both chose Montessori.

Posted September 09, 2013
Had terrible experience. Staff appear welcoming, but I was literally told I was "unwelcomed" to observe my child. I don't know about the upper grades, but Montessori is just in the name. There isn't much of the "Montessori" philosophy going on in the 1-2 age group. It is just a day care like any other, with too many kids and too little staff. My child would come home without eating her food, they weren't attentive enough to make sure kids of this age ate (they can't feed themselves). The helpers sit aside and do not respond when children distressed and having conflict. They should be following and reinforcing the Montessorian standards for addressing child conflict. After only a couple weeks my child got sick twice. Don't let the soft-spoken sweet director influence you. It is a daycare. We pulled our child out and received a refund.

Posted September 05, 2013
It is sad that the school has to write its own good reviews,pretending to be parents and manipulates the bad reviews from very dissatisfied parents, reporting them to remove them from this website that is a guide for parents like me that once was misguided about the excellence of this school. Just check right now the number of students in the middle school classroom, 40 students? Is it worth the money?

Posted August 17, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school for 3 years and we both love it. She keeps excelling in her work and the teachers are very caring. The Director is a Gem. She has an amazing heart and has a vision for the children and the school. My daughter will be here until 8th grade.

Posted August 09, 2013
My children have attended this school for the past 7 years and their program, teachers, staff and administration are exceptional! It is because of their genuine care for the students (and parents) that this school continues to grow. Although it is a large school with many students it is truly one big family. The students are challenged throughout the curriculum, however their individual needs are respected. My kids are very different (as all children are) yet the teachers and administration have always supported their needs. I recommend this school with NO reservations.

Montessori Academy