Posted November 25, 2014
My son is in his second year at Montessori Academy and we have loved it thus far. Ms. Monica knows all the children by name and makes each one feel special. His teachers in both the toddler room and young montessori classroom have been great. We love the two open houses, family days and other events they have through out the year. It makes everyone feel like they are apart of the school. He will be attending again next year for VPK. My son has also thrived. He has always been advanced for his age so finding a school that challenged him was top of our list. He is only 3 and knows the continents! They make learning fun (singing songs, coloring) and he think he is playing a game. The Montessori lessons are also fantastic. I can not say enough about how great this school is.

Posted February 27, 2014
Horrible experience!!!! They used up all my sons VPK hours to only conveniently tell us that he's being kicked out of school for his behavior! Mind you, we had ONLY 1 parent teacher meeting AND HE'S ONLY 4 YEARS OLD!!!! I specifically explained to them that the culture from his previous school was COMPLETELY different then Montessori but they ASURRED me that he was going to be "just fine". Clearly all they cared about was the $ signs!!! What they want are kids that don't have a mind of there own in order to make the teachers jobs a whole lot easier. As far as curriculum is concerned, they're way behind from where other VPK schools are. I wouldn't recommend this school to ANYONE!!!!

Posted October 06, 2013
My daughter started Montessori Academy when she was 3 years old and is now 8 years old in third grade. My son voluntarily started as a toddler at 23 months when we went for a tour. I had to buy him a uniform and leave him because he was so excited to stay. He is now almost 5 and in pre-k. My children have never come home with ant bites, they have rarely if ever been sent to the thinking chair, and even during the one year that proved most challenging(my daughter's kindergarten), she never wanted to leave her school or change classrooms. My children are rarely ever sick. They are happy to go to school and are very well rounded. Ms. Monica is available for any concerns and knows every child even now that the school has become so large. Just today, when faced with the decision of moving to an amazing home on the beach they both absolutely loved, or staying at Montessori, they both chose Montessori.

Posted September 09, 2013
Had terrible experience. Staff appear welcoming, but I was literally told I was "unwelcomed" to observe my child. I don't know about the upper grades, but Montessori is just in the name. There isn't much of the "Montessori" philosophy going on in the 1-2 age group. It is just a day care like any other, with too many kids and too little staff. My child would come home without eating her food, they weren't attentive enough to make sure kids of this age ate (they can't feed themselves). The helpers sit aside and do not respond when children distressed and having conflict. They should be following and reinforcing the Montessorian standards for addressing child conflict. After only a couple weeks my child got sick twice. Don't let the soft-spoken sweet director influence you. It is a daycare. We pulled our child out and received a refund.

Posted September 05, 2013
It is sad that the school has to write its own good reviews,pretending to be parents and manipulates the bad reviews from very dissatisfied parents, reporting them to remove them from this website that is a guide for parents like me that once was misguided about the excellence of this school. Just check right now the number of students in the middle school classroom, 40 students? Is it worth the money?

Posted August 17, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school for 3 years and we both love it. She keeps excelling in her work and the teachers are very caring. The Director is a Gem. She has an amazing heart and has a vision for the children and the school. My daughter will be here until 8th grade.

Posted August 09, 2013
My children have attended this school for the past 7 years and their program, teachers, staff and administration are exceptional! It is because of their genuine care for the students (and parents) that this school continues to grow. Although it is a large school with many students it is truly one big family. The students are challenged throughout the curriculum, however their individual needs are respected. My kids are very different (as all children are) yet the teachers and administration have always supported their needs. I recommend this school with NO reservations.

Posted July 23, 2013
I love this schoo. My kids are happy to got schoo. My four year old is reading and adding and subtracting. My 6 year old is reading at a 3rd grade level and doing division and multiplications. The teachers are kind the Montessori way is kind and not catered to the masses but to the child. I recommend this school with no reservations.

Posted June 24, 2013
Very satisfied! I am a mother of two whose sole interest is in my children's well-being. I find it very sad that just because your child could not flourish in the Montessori environment, you blame it on the school. Montessori is not for everyone. WIth that being said, most children do benefit from a Montessori education. Its true, the school will not tolerate unruly, misbehaved, rude and disrespectful children. They will however work with you if there are any academic issues. I come from the principle that it is first the parents role to educate the child and the school is only a compliment. If you do not invest the necessary time in your own child, how can you expect for a school to be solely responsible for their weaknesses. The mistake many parents are making nowadays is that they believe that because they are paying for education, they are no longer liable to be involved. This is terrible! Montessori will work with you, but you have to be game too! The school does focus on academics more than leisure time... but, why does a parent send a child to school? I am satisfied with the school. I feel it is my children's second home. Sorry for all those that don't get it!

Posted May 21, 2013
My child attended this school for 2 years I did not like it here. I left him for 1 extra year in hopes the school would work out for us but it did not. They taught below his level, I felt like I was paying for him to be held back. The teachers were not pleasant at all. I had a bad experience here.

Montessori Academy