R. C. Lipscomb Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2014
We started public school after moving into this district in December 2013. From day one we have had problems.. we were initially told that he would be placed where ever there was room without even taking into consideration what his learning capacity or personality was. We wanted to have everything settled before the Christmas break started so we could get him excited about moving schools, and when we went to the school to register him they said they wouldn't do it until after, we even tried the Monday the teachers were back and there was no office staff. So in the craziness of the first day back from school we were then given our teacher not having a clue what her teaching styles were like or her personality. It has shown that she is not a good fit for our son. She has not communicated with me one time about how he is doing other than a time that I came into the school to drop off a bulky project he did and she said "Oh he's doing great, no problems" and that was it. then she sends home a progress report with a C. That isn't great!! The last straw was when he came home and was crying because his stomach hurt. He had gone to his teacher and she said. "your not sick" YES HE IS

Posted June 23, 2013
This school is fantastic. When we first came we had no idea there would be such a school anywhere. The Principal greets each student coming in the morning through the breezeway and the students in fifth grade are selected for hall monitoring to keep the students from running or fighting, etc. Every student leads the way at Lipscomb. There are also Lipscomb Leader awards ended at every semester for the different character traits favorable to the faculty and students at Lipscomb. This is for those students who display those traits during the year. Lipscomb leaders are as big as honor roll is, but can be attained by anyone. I feel like my kids are in big trouble because we will be leaving after second semester of this year 2013-2014 to VA. I hope we find one that will compare and still let the students thrive.

R. C. Lipscomb Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2013
My school is awesome and very supportive. However, there are so many students at this school, your child can be left in the crowd. Lots of activities for students.

R. C. Lipscomb Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2012
My daughter has been attending since K now shes in 4th. Mr. Cooey use to be the principle up until 3rd grade and the school was amazing. Since the new principle has taken over things have gone down hill. She is awful! Never a smile, not good with the kids and horrible attitude with the parents. She needs to take a step back and re evaluate how she is running things.

Posted October 01, 2012
I have two children in Kindergarten this year at Lipscomb and I love it. My kids love school. The teachers are organized and caring. The new principal, Mrs. Sanders, seems to be doing a great job as well. I don't know much about this county as we are from another state. But I can tell you that you should be very happy with this school. My children seem to be learning in a very organized fashion. I am extremely pleased with the Kindergarten program. Parent/teacher communication is wonderful. Also Mrs. Fine is an exceptional teacher. She goes above and beyond.

Posted August 19, 2012
My special needs child has attended Lipscomb for 5 years. He has made tremendous gains and accomplished more than we ever imagined. The love and care given to him is beyond measure. I have learned that you can't please everyone. The administration is excellent and the PTA is one of the best in the state.

Posted January 29, 2012
Lipscomb is a great school!!! The leadership of the school is phenomenal, the teachers are nuturing and very supportive and the PTA is awesome! They really help to make increase the value of the education and extracurriculars provided at R.C. Lipscomb. Last, and certainly not least, are the parents and other caregivers seen throughout the school at all times, showing their love and support for their children and school pride.

Posted December 14, 2009
I attended Lipscomb as a child and now my child is attending. She is doing excellent and we love the staff.

Posted March 10, 2009
Lipscomb is great and the teachers there are wonderful. They truely care about the students. The faculty and teachers are very good about communication with parents.

Posted September 09, 2008
Lipscomb is a great school as many other parents have expressed; however, the increasing number of students over the last few years is having a negative impact on several areas to include infrastructure (space), quality and diversity of programs, and the learning environment. There are just too many students in a school that was not designed to house them. There need to be a cap on the number of students that are allowed to attend from outside the geographical district. My prediction is that there will be a corresponding decrease in the test scores that are used to rate the school.

R. C. Lipscomb Elementary School
10200 Ashton Brosnaham Drive, Pensacola, FL  32534
Last modified R. C. Lipscomb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. C. Lipscomb Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top