736 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

I have had children in Bellview for 4 years now. My eldest son is in 3rd grade and my youngest in 1st. I did have a few issues with the school when my eldest started kindergarten and in 1st grade when the former principal was still in control. That changed when the current Principal (Hollie Wilkins) took over, she has done GREAT things for Bellview , and the Vice principal (Jim Broughton) is one of the most caring people I've ever met. The teachers my children have had are excellent and loving and I have not had issues with communication from them at all. SOME of the office staff lack greatly in people skills, they have a few office staff that are rude and don't give you time of day, unless its to stick their nose where it doesn't belong. I have found that by being a very active parent and visiting the school a lot that they do warm up after a while. My children love their school and have not had any problems with bullying or anything else. The school might not be in the best area in Pensacola BUT the people that run it have our kids best interest at heart and it shows.

My daughter just came to this school from Jim C Bailey. Since she has started here she has been subject to almost daily bullying. She says the academics are far worse then Jim Bailey as well. She is a very kind bright child and we are looking for ways to get her in a different school. Everything about this school screams ghetto. Even the kids in general are not so well behaved. Teachers don't care.

I am a parent of a Kindergarten student at Bellview. Aside from the teacher (who is awesome, Ms. Fowler), the staff is rude and I could not be more dissatisfied. I went to enroll my daughter prior to the start of school and had very rude front desk personnel basically shew me away. After that ordeal, my husband did a HUGE fundraiser at his job to try to get supplies for the school and after over $1000 in donations, we brought them to a staff that refused to help offload the material. The told me where to put it, which really is not the issue (other than the same rude staff, to include the principal), the big issue is the fact that not one single person said a simple "thank you". Avoid this place!!!! There is more, just no room for it here.

Bellview is a great school, they take to time to make sure that the students understand, and they report back to their parents as to what issues their kids are having in school and will do anything to help that child does well in school.

Hi, I just read that last review of the school, and please do not believe it. I am also new to the school and they are just wonderful. I have three children in K, 1st and 3rd and these teachers are wonderful

we were new to the area and everytime I called or visited the school the staff acted like it was a burden to help me or make us welcome! I had four kids that attended, and at least once a week I was in the assistants office seeking for help! My kids came home stressed every day with the way situations were handled. Two of my children had many different subs throughout the year due to both teachers being pregnant. I hope this school will inprove because this is a nice area.

I really love this school and its values of putting the children's safety first.I am a parent of two boys in this school. As I was growing up I also attended this school.

Last modified Bellview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.