Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

When I moved into the Cordova Park neighborhood, I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. My husband grew up in the neighborhood and assisted that we live there when we started a family. Soon, I would find that 3 of my close neighbors had similar stories. This year, my daughter started kindergarten. That's nerve racking for a parent. Several of my friends not in the Cordova Park area were utilizing the school choice to attempt to get in to Cordova Park, I still didn't get it. After 1 year of having my daughter in Cordova Park, I finally get it. Barbara Payne was absolutely AMAZING with my daughter. She left for maternity leave and the care did not alter while she was away. Seeing teachers who genuinely care about all the students, seeing the community of the parents working together, seeing the students and their excitement to learn... I finally get it! I would give this school 100 stars if I could. Clean, Safe, Friendly, Great Teachers, Multiple opportunities to get involved... it's amazing!

My granddaughter did not like the subject of Math in the beginning of this her second grade year. She was only making mediocre grades and disliked Her math homework. With a personal interest taken in making positive changes, her teacher helped her make a complete turn around. The final two grading periods of the year were totally different and she made A Honors. Additionally, she says she now loves math and looked forward to that class every day. This is through an interested and dedicated teacher to whom we will be always grateful. This is an excellent school that cares very much for ALL their students. Thank you Cordova Park Elementary!

My kids attended a horrible school last year and I went out of my way to apply for special permission to get them into this school. My oldest, 3rd grader, has ADHD and her teacher was awesome with reconizing the area she needed help in and accommodating her needs. My 1st grader has learned so much from her teacher. I've had no issues getting any concerns I had addressed and fixed. If we weren't moving out of state my kids wold definitely continue to attend!

This school is WAY over rated! We moved to the Bellview area and my son is about to complete his 1st year of middle school and I feel it is one of the best areas in Pensacola besides the Perdido area, which we can't afford. My daughter went to Cordova Park for 2 years and I've wanted her out since the beginning. I never see much homework coming home it's as if the teachers don't want to be bothererd. They seem to pass kids to the next grade even if they aren't making the grade. The problems with the students/discipline in the school make any learning environment a challenge which is too bad for the students that are there to learn. My daughter has told me on numerous occasions that she doesn't feel the teachers teach anything. She goes to class daily is told to take out a book read and then answer a few questions on the board. Where's the instruction? Also she's told me time and time again about 1 teacher in particular who texts on her phone the entire class period. Again where's the instruction? You're getting paid to teach! As a parent it's frustrating! At Bellview she has changed her attitude and I feel the teachers and staff there want to be there and love what they do. Bottom line, parents must get involved out of school if they really want to see results!

This is a great school if your a kiss up parent to the PTA, I am not nor do I feel I should have to be in order for my child to get a quality education! I am very involved with my child & my child's education. My children range in age from 21 to 10 & have witnessed the decline of this school it is heartbreaking. The principle selects who is worthy of her attention promotes a unfriendly environment to those who are not. She has run off the majority of good teachers, I'm lucky this year my child has a excellent one or I would have left. She blows off parent complaints, as I witnessed first hand. Principle of the year? I wonder what that title cost her? The assistant principal is a complete joke, I emailed her in response to a notice sent from her to me two months ago.... Still no response! I recommend this school to those who may be worthy of the leadership at this school... I hope you make the grade because this school doesn't anymore

My neice is in Kindergarden , and is being bullied and the staff is doing nothing about it, and the principal is avoiding my sister. My neice is very shy and non- confrontational. She has social anxiety.

I believe that Cordova Park is way over rated and I think there are very few good teachers there that will give a ADHD child any extra help. They are misleading about the intervention programs that are supposed to be offered. the guidance councelor is very misleading concerning Intervention. They do not like questions" about the way they teach or intervention programs. They will not go out of their way to help a child even though the classrooms are small they cannot make the children behave in the classroom or students that are disruptive.

Not prepared for ADHD students. There is good order at this school. No safety concerns unless we are speaking of the maturity level of the drivers picking up their children from school. Good programs and curriculum for the students. Everything runs very smoothly except for the dialog level between teachers and parents daily. The subject of bullying and awareness of students with disabilities needs work in the tolerance and sensitivity department. If your child moves nervously, talks too much or is anything less than all business minded and focused, be prepared for poor citizenship grades even at K level. They will not hesitate to give an ADHD student with all A's and B's an "F" in citizenship. If you have a normal child that is well behaved with no disabilities, this is a very good school and it would be easy for a motivated child to acheive

The teachers and administration at Cordova Park Elementary are unbelievably good with the children. You can tell that they care, and that the children are their #1 priority. The curriculum is designed to make sure that every student is able to do their best in the best possible environment. The teachers keep in communication with the parents, and are great with the kids. I LOVE this school! I'd recommend Cordova Park to anyone whose child is starting (or changing) school.

Cordova Park is top notch! The staff and parents work together to make the school's environment a happy and safe place for children and adults. Many people enter the school and within minutes state how lovely the environment is. Children are respectful, hold doors open for others, and are polite. You know it's a happy place when you see a 5th grader skip to the library. Go visit! You'll be impressed!

Last modified Cordova Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.