Posted February 24, 2014
This is a great school if your a kiss up parent to the PTA, I am not nor do I feel I should have to be in order for my child to get a quality education! I am very involved with my child & my child's education. My children range in age from 21 to 10 & have witnessed the decline of this school it is heartbreaking. The principle selects who is worthy of her attention promotes a unfriendly environment to those who are not. She has run off the majority of good teachers, I'm lucky this year my child has a excellent one or I would have left. She blows off parent complaints, as I witnessed first hand. Principle of the year? I wonder what that title cost her? The assistant principal is a complete joke, I emailed her in response to a notice sent from her to me two months ago.... Still no response! I recommend this school to those who may be worthy of the leadership at this school... I hope you make the grade because this school doesn't anymore

Posted March 12, 2013
My neice is in Kindergarden , and is being bullied and the staff is doing nothing about it, and the principal is avoiding my sister. My neice is very shy and non- confrontational. She has social anxiety.

Posted May 13, 2012
I believe that Cordova Park is way over rated and I think there are very few good teachers there that will give a ADHD child any extra help. They are misleading about the intervention programs that are supposed to be offered. the guidance councelor is very misleading concerning Intervention. They do not like questions" about the way they teach or intervention programs. They will not go out of their way to help a child even though the classrooms are small they cannot make the children behave in the classroom or students that are disruptive.

Cordova Park Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2010
Not prepared for ADHD students. There is good order at this school. No safety concerns unless we are speaking of the maturity level of the drivers picking up their children from school. Good programs and curriculum for the students. Everything runs very smoothly except for the dialog level between teachers and parents daily. The subject of bullying and awareness of students with disabilities needs work in the tolerance and sensitivity department. If your child moves nervously, talks too much or is anything less than all business minded and focused, be prepared for poor citizenship grades even at K level. They will not hesitate to give an ADHD student with all A's and B's an "F" in citizenship. If you have a normal child that is well behaved with no disabilities, this is a very good school and it would be easy for a motivated child to acheive

Posted December 18, 2009

Cordova Park Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers and administration at Cordova Park Elementary are unbelievably good with the children. You can tell that they care, and that the children are their #1 priority. The curriculum is designed to make sure that every student is able to do their best in the best possible environment. The teachers keep in communication with the parents, and are great with the kids. I LOVE this school! I'd recommend Cordova Park to anyone whose child is starting (or changing) school.

Posted September 18, 2009
Cordova Park is top notch! The staff and parents work together to make the school's environment a happy and safe place for children and adults. Many people enter the school and within minutes state how lovely the environment is. Children are respectful, hold doors open for others, and are polite. You know it's a happy place when you see a 5th grader skip to the library. Go visit! You'll be impressed!

Posted May 05, 2009
I have to agree with the parent who complained about the lack of communication. The staff only talk to the parents they want to talk to. I was new to the area and came halfway thru the school year and tried to volunteer but was told each time that the volunteers were already chosen not a very welcoming school. I also turned in one of those confidential school evaluation forms in a sealed envelope and my son watched as the teachers opened and read it after he turned it in. Very unprofessional. My son now attends a Santa Rosa county blue ribbon school and could not be happier.

Posted April 24, 2009
My son has been at Cordova since K and now going to 4th...he is a honor roll student and the teachers are the best!

Posted March 31, 2009

Cordova Park Elementary School
2250 Semur Road, Pensacola, FL  32503
Last modified Cordova Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cordova Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top