Pensacola, FL
Students enrolled: 1,745

Posted August 04, 2014
This school is horrible. I tried to address many issues this past year and administration never corrected the issues at hand. My daughter was bullied though out the year by her teachers not students. I tried to meet with the principal and he would only email me. My daughter put in several request to speak with the principal and her never allowed her speak to him regarding her issues.

Escambia High School 4

Posted May 18, 2014
The engineering program at EHS is top flight. My child has completed all 4 yrs and was accepted at 5 major engineering universities and will attend Auburn next year with a full ride. She was not even the top student in the program! As with all schools there are problems with the duds but these are mostly hard working, caring and smart teachers. The ROTC program is the best in the country and the music program is hands down the best in the area. The honors science and math programs are of the highest quality. In short this is a good school in an old building with a diverse student population.

Escambia High School 2

Posted October 29, 2013
This is the school we are zoned to go to. I wish we could afford Private school, this school is a joke and so is their Sports department. My son tried out for Basketball and they told kids that a list would be put up the next day. Well guess what his name was not on there but Kids that did not try out were, How is that fair to anyone? Teachers are just there to get a paycheck.

Posted September 26, 2013
Escambia High School is a terrible school. The administration is a joke. I would NOT recommend sending your child here. I will not be allowing my younger children to attend Escambia High School.

Escambia High School 2

Posted February 04, 2012
I graduated from Escambia some time ago. It definitely is not the best school out there. There were constant fights, a high dropout rate, and some pretty bad teachers that didn't do their job. The school was too poor to afford cameras so it was easy to skip class. However, it is possible to obtain a good education there. In my experience, all of the honors, AP, and dual enrollment teachers were the best teachers in the school and were caring about my performance in class. Regular-level courses should be avoided as they tend to be led by poor teachers. If you have no other place to send your child to school and you are reluctant, I believe it is possible to make it work out. My parents were skeptical about sending me here at first, but were glad I stuck around and I ended up graduating here with honors.

Escambia High School 3

Posted January 24, 2012
I am a parent and reading all the high school reviews has led me to this school. I have searched the web but would like feedback from actual students. My son is a freshman and has great grades. Tell me something about the classes and teachers.. How do they add up? I am reading some bad reviews but do know that you can succeed once you put your mind to it. I am an involved parent and DO NOT tolerate bullying, or bad teachers.

Escambia High School 5

Posted June 05, 2011
I believe this school is like any other school, it is what you make it. The faculty and staff are very supportive, and if you make yourself friendly and take the right steps they will support you fully. I took a part in academic programs, all honors courses, and even played in the orchestra. Escambia has wonderful opportunities for growth and development, and the top band, orchestra, and ROTC in the county. The all county orchestra is led by students from escambia high, and so is the all county band. The Band and ROTC programs are top rated in the country, and win many ward. If you stick with the right crowd and put the effort in your opportunities are endless

Posted May 04, 2011
This school is worse the worst in the county. Some of the teachers speak very bad English and there are almost no resources. Overcrowding is a huge problem, along with fights, and not just your typical fights. Two students once got into a fight over fried chicken. Also, the buses show up late all the time. Today, it showed up 30 minutes late, yesterday, it didnt even come.

Escambia High School 4

Posted April 12, 2011
Honestly, Escambia is not that bad. I moved here my sophomore year from a AMAZING high school and was quite reluctant to come here once hearing about it. Now, I am almost done with my junior year and I love it here. I find that the teachers, students, and counselors are great. Yes there are fights and lock downs but what can you really do? Maybe these things happen more at one school than the next but it's all what you make of it. I am involved in honor courses, many clubs, and stick with the right crowd. Chose you friends and classes wisely and you will be fine.

Posted April 02, 2011
New Leadership is badly needed! the school has great potential, but unfortunitly this leadership promotes incompetence! What a shame! I have seen this school through the eyes of a student and parent and have seen good leaders come and go and this current poor leader stay!

Escambia High School
1310 North 65th Avenue, Pensacola, FL  32506
Last modified Escambia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Escambia High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top