1,759 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 27, 2016
-High student to teacher ration -Teachers are just there for a check -Lack of safety resources for students

Posted January 05, 2016
Escambia High School was typical of the schools I attended. Not even EHS, like all the schools I attended, were unable to provide an education a student with traumatic brain injury. As a consequence of my years of education, the diploma was worthless preparing me for college. In college, while not designed to help a student who was poorly educated, college is where I got the educational help I should have received in government schools. I DO NOT attribute my academic success to public schools. I am thankful for the help I received in College. I earned three college degrees, no thanks to the public schools, including EHS. I am still cognizant of some of my academic weaknesses to this day. I was an adjunct instructor at the college level for thirty-five years. EHS played no role in my success. I am still working even though I could retire because I am providing my son inspiration to teach himself rather to depend on any teacher.

Escambia High School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted January 05, 2016
I do not know if this school promotes honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students. Two teacher who once taught at EHS made comment that could have demotivated many students but not me..

Escambia High School 4

Posted November 19, 2015
Being a student at Escambia High School made me realize that the experience your parents guaranteed would be the four years that you would enjoy is difficult. You can not just go to school and expect to have the best time of your life. You have to get involved, put some effort into your work. Now the school may not have the best facilities but personally I love Escambia. The teachers who have given me guidance in my times of need, the friends that have built me up whenever one of my AP assignments were due, and the fact that I was so involved made me gain so much respect for the administration and staff. No high school is perfect and Escambia is far from it. The respect that some parents and students need to give is ridiculous, seeing that the majority of our staff waits on our parents and students hand and foot. The improvements that have been made, made the school better. Overall my experience at Escambia has been life-changing in many ways.

Posted August 04, 2014
This school is horrible. I tried to address many issues this past year and administration never corrected the issues at hand. My daughter was bullied though out the year by her teachers not students. I tried to meet with the principal and he would only email me. My daughter put in several request to speak with the principal and her never allowed her speak to him regarding her issues.

Escambia High School 4

Posted May 18, 2014
The engineering program at EHS is top flight. My child has completed all 4 yrs and was accepted at 5 major engineering universities and will attend Auburn next year with a full ride. She was not even the top student in the program! As with all schools there are problems with the duds but these are mostly hard working, caring and smart teachers. The ROTC program is the best in the country and the music program is hands down the best in the area. The honors science and math programs are of the highest quality. In short this is a good school in an old building with a diverse student population.

Posted October 30, 2013
Escambia High school is the worse school my children has ever been at. Teachers don't follow IEP either does the SRO. The SRO are rude and think because the have a badge they know everything. I would think twice before letting any child go to this school. My child went over a month with out a math book and she reserves a E in the class because once she got a book she didn't know the work. Run fast away from this school.

Escambia High School 2

Posted October 29, 2013
This is the school we are zoned to go to. I wish we could afford Private school, this school is a joke and so is their Sports department. My son tried out for Basketball and they told kids that a list would be put up the next day. Well guess what his name was not on there but Kids that did not try out were, How is that fair to anyone? Teachers are just there to get a paycheck.

Posted September 26, 2013
Escambia High School is a terrible school. The administration is a joke. I would NOT recommend sending your child here. I will not be allowing my younger children to attend Escambia High School.

Escambia High School 2

Posted February 04, 2012
I graduated from Escambia some time ago. It definitely is not the best school out there. There were constant fights, a high dropout rate, and some pretty bad teachers that didn't do their job. The school was too poor to afford cameras so it was easy to skip class. However, it is possible to obtain a good education there. In my experience, all of the honors, AP, and dual enrollment teachers were the best teachers in the school and were caring about my performance in class. Regular-level courses should be avoided as they tend to be led by poor teachers. If you have no other place to send your child to school and you are reluctant, I believe it is possible to make it work out. My parents were skeptical about sending me here at first, but were glad I stuck around and I ended up graduating here with honors.

Escambia High School
1310 North 65th Avenue, Pensacola, FL  32506
Last modified Escambia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.