Posted July 01, 2014
I don't know who, or what, controls the rating system. Yes, it is highly inaccurate and by no means indicative of the actual school one is reviewing. For example, my son attended a school in the Northeast (Rhode Island area), and while this particular school was given a rating of 7 out of 10, this school should, in all reality, receive a score of no more than 2. The school is horrific, the teachers are lazy and uninterested, the principal is a bigot, and the supporting staff is completely unprofessional, with the exception of the custodial staff, who are actually quite nice. The ratings are off and very misleading. Too bad. Because many parents depend ont the ratings, many overlook a good school and are misguided to choose an Inadequate school instead. Bottom line, Do not pay attention to the ratings. Look at the actual comments.

Posted May 11, 2013
I've attended this school from Pre-K to 5th grade and it's been a fantastic experience,especially with Mr.Wilson the new principal.The teachers and staff are fantastic,and it deserves more then a 3.

Posted February 14, 2013
I was skeptic at first sending my son to this school because of the area but turns out, this is a wonderful school! My baby has made so many friends and his teacher, Mrs. Shoupe is awesome :) .. The older kids on his bus are so good with the younger kids; always helping them on the bus. He has yet to have anyone pick on him and actually is friends with some of the older kids. I believe this school should be given a higher rating.

Posted June 19, 2011
My daughter was in Mrs. Holley and Mrs. Houston's Pre-K class. What a positive experience this was for her. We feel like Oakcrest is the best school.

Posted April 19, 2010
Although most of these children live in a low-income neighborhood, their teachers are most progressive and professional in attitude and aptitude. These children are eager to make progress, even though yhey are hampered in the economic system.

Posted March 04, 2010
Please come to visit Oakcrest Elementary and then see if you think a 2 is a fair rating. We have highly trained and dedicated teachers. Teachers who give 200% of themselves on a daily basis. Our school is clean and cheerful. ( as stated by the D.O.E.) We feed our children free of charge breakfast and lunch. In addition, children in need are given food to take home with them when school is not in session. We take care of those in need. This is an unfair and unrealistic rating. I invited you again, to come visit Oakcrest.

Posted July 17, 2009
I have 3 children ages 13, 7 and 4. My oldest attended Oakcrest from Kindergarten-5th grade. My youngest 2 are attending now i have one going into 2nd and my baby is going into Kindergarten. They both have been going since Pre-K. The school has changed so much over the last couple of years thanks to the wonderful new principal they brought in Mr Wilson. He has done an excellent job with the not only the children, teachers and parents but with the whole school as a family.

Posted August 21, 2005
My son attended Oakcrest Elementary last year. He was in kindergarten and ESE for speech. I found the teachers and the staff to be very friendly and caring towards their students and parents. I believe this could be a great school with more parent involvement concerning their children and what goes on in their school and community.

Oakcrest Elementary School
1820 Hollywood Avenue, Pensacola, FL  32505
Last modified Oakcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakcrest Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top