Pine Meadow Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 948 students

Posted April 2, 2014

Helpful staff and very organized, it would really improve the school to get a play area with some swings or slides so the children can get much needed exersize during the day.

Posted August 8, 2013

My son went to K at Pine Meadow last year but we moved to Helen Caro district. I'm sad to leave this school. He had Mrs. Lassiter and loved her and all of his secondary teachers, for art/music. I thought it was a great school overall.

Posted July 22, 2013

Wonderful school, great teachers. I have two children in Pine Meadow. One will be in fifth grade this year and has been there since kindergarten. She has had superb teachers, great support, and positive experiences. Any questions we had were addressed by concerned and involved teachers. I can't express what a wonderful experience this has been for our children. The school building are older, but the teachers and staff are active, energetic and inspired-which is so much more important. Don't hesitate to send your kids to Pine Meadow.

Posted May 17, 2013

Loved all of our teachers up until grades that FCAT becomes a requirement. Then it's ALL about testing! My child was moved to a new class from a class that had an excellent teacher. Had nothing but problems all year with her new teacher. My child fell behind in math because she didn't understand the concepts being taught as they bounced around the book in no particular order. After an uncountable number of correspondences with the teacher to try to help my child, I was told, "(name) would just have to suffer the consequences of failing." My child needed extra help and when I requested her book be sent home over Christmas break, I was ignored and no response was sent until the day before school was set to start back, 3 weeks later, with a very lame excuse as to why she hadn't responded sooner. If you request a meeting with the principal, you will get the assist. principal, and they will do everything in their power to divert the problem back to you and your child. Teacher was never held accountable for her bad choice of words about my child failing, it was ignored, and I left feeling like I had been attacked for wanting my child to have a better education than was being provided.

Posted May 16, 2013

The teachers and the school are great. We have never gotten junk mail in the 2 years my son has gone there (see other post). We love it!

Posted October 29, 2012

Pine Meadow is a great school. Love all they do for all the students. Teachers go above and beyond.

Posted July 6, 2012

Great school. Love It. Miss Dille was a great teacher and wonderful with my son.

Posted December 21, 2011

Moldy classrooms. No area for the kids to do outdoor activities. They SELL your childrens information to marketing companies!!! The staff is unfriendly. The school is outdated and half of the air conditioners don't work (hence the moldy classrooms). We moved our daughter to another school this year due to the poor conditions. My son still goes there and has been getting tons of junk mail in the mailbox from travel companies saying he won something or was selected for something. People to People... read about it. This is his last year there so we didn't move him. My youngest daughter will not be going there, thank God.

Posted July 30, 2009

My daughter is going into first grade this year and we are pleased that it is going to be at Pine Meadow. Kindergarten was a wonderful experience for her and for us (her parents). The teachers, staff and administration were kind, supportive and helpful. My daughter just blossomed! The only area that I would like to see improved would be their website-it would be nice to have it updated with current information and activities. Otherwise-only compliments!

Posted June 1, 2007

We are working on our 4th daughter at Pine Meadow and I must say we have only had 1 teacher that I personally did not care for all the others and Dr Thomas including the office staff have always been more than helpful with anything we need. I also feel my girls are getting a good education there, I just hate that Pine Meadow stops at the 5th grade!

Posted June 3, 2006

Teachers are good and parental involvement is encouraged.

Posted January 24, 2006

I have three kids attending Pine Meadow and they love it. My son was identified in kindergarten as possibly gifted and they initiated the testing for the PATS program and placed him in a 1st grade class for reading and math. My 5th grade daughter is involved in violin lessons given at the school. My kids also enjoy the art class they have once a week and the music class there too. There is a lot of parental involvement and a high membership in the PTA. The teachers really care about the kids and I feel good about how they keep me informed of my child's progress and behavior.

Posted October 2, 2005

I was on the PTA Board for 4 years 2001-2005 and I really enjoyed being there. Its a wonderful school the staff is great and a friendly atmosphere. I was envolved with alot of the teachers in various areas. The music and art and P.E departments are awesome. The children are involved in plays, talent shows,helping with giving and caring with the Box tops for Education, Manna Food Bank, Rely for life. Reflection Art Programs,If my son didnt have to move on to 6th grade...we would still be there.

Posted May 9, 2005

If your looking for a school,Pine Meadow is a wonderful choice. I have served on the PTA board for 4 years now. I have helped with the 3rd grade play for 3 years.My son is in the 5th grade this year and it's my last year here. The children cant understand why I am leaving they said it wont be any fun without you.....It is very rewarding to volunteer at this school. You feel very welcome. And you can make a difference by volunteering!

Posted June 18, 2003

My son had Mrs Bell for his 1st grade teacher. She is wonderful and a blessing to us.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

161 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

161 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

166 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

165 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

164 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

142 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MRS. TERRI FINA
Fax number
  • (850) 494-7318

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now