Pensacola, FL

Scenic Heights Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2014
Over I am happy with this school. My son is in K-5 and the year is more then half over. He has came a long way and is learning to read and write already. A parent complained about how her son was left behind in 1st. As a parent you have to be involved with your child's education on a weekly basis. Help them learn to read and write at an early age. You can not just leave it all up to the school. You see what sight words they know and work with them on a weekly basis. They send home a list of sight words and we know what they are supposed to be learning. The reason I gave a 4 and not a 5 is because they are a bit to strict with the k-5 class. they only get a 15 minute recess and they are not even able to talk to their friends in the lunch room? that's crazy. I talked in the lunch room all through school. Kids need a chance to feel free to talk at some point in the day. I have noticed that not only schools, but parents are way more up-tight with kids then they where when I was growing up. Everywhere I go I see kids as young as 1 1/2 getting scolded for acting like kids and wanting to play. People try to make them small adults way too young. Still, Over all a great school.

Posted February 15, 2014
I have nothing but great comments about Scenic Heights. I am very involved in my kids education. The one thing that I have noticed so far in the two years my child has attended this school is the lack of parent participation. It is really sad. The teachers have been awesome and I communicate with them often which I might add is a big difference in the education if my child. I love this school but most importantly my son loves this school.

Scenic Heights Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my childs first year. She is in k5. The first day of school her bus driver says that he could drop her off if no one was out because we were told the wrong drop off time. Her teacher wasn't spelling her name right and my child keeps saying she raises her hand but her teacher never calls on her so she doesnt get any stars. I just think all students should be treated the same. Its only her and one other black in her class. I dont think the school is about the students.

Scenic Heights Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
My child went to S.H for K5 and first grade. K5-no complaints. Great teacher, clearly loved her job, and was simply amazing. One year later, an absolute disaster. So bad, that my child was retained another year in first grade for not reading 60 words a minute FLUENTLY. The retention is not what bothered me. The fact that my husband and I had no idea about it until the report cards came home on the last day was a huge problem. My son found out from HIS bus driver that he did not pass. We have tried numerous times to get my son help throughout the school year and not one step was taken by S.H to improve or focus on his reading. We were told otherwise, but it was lies. The schools mission statement should be changed. It should be against the law to print such a lie about a schools mission, or if that IS their mission, they are so far off target. The kids and their education is not the primary focus atbthis school. My son used to love school. They should hire teachers and other faculty members that actually strive to help children learn. I would never in my life recommend this school to my bestest of friends, or my worst enemies. Compassion and professionalism is 100% not there.

Scenic Heights Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2012
I have a child who currently attends this is school and as stated previously, the quality of education depends on the teacher. My child's teacher seems to be careless at times and there has been more than a few occasions where I had to correct or bring light to her mistakes in a kind and gently manner. Compared to other public schools in the Pensacola area, I guess Scenic is okay, but far from the excellent education some students are receiving in surrounding counties or even the county where I once live. Also, their procedures for car riders in the evening is horrendous and should be restructured. They begin to dismiss students at 1:50pm, but if you're not in line by 1:15pm, you'll be waiting for your child for atleast 30 minutes. It's very unconvenient and as I stated before, should be restructured.

Scenic Heights Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
Scenic Heights Elementary School is a great place for children to learn, the administration, teachers, staff and PTA work together to make it a pleasant environment.

Scenic Heights Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2009
The three star rating is a generous rating. Overall, the educational experience is average but it truly depends on the teacher. My kids have had experienced caring teachers until this year. There are many passionate teachers at the school but there are a few who do not want to teach but babysit. This has been my worse nightmare coming true. The administration takes the word of the teacher over the students and is happy with the status quo. The administration is unapproachable and unhelpful. A parent with concerns about their child's well being is on their own. I would definitely trust the low rating reviews for this school. I would not recommend this school unless parents had the choice of picking out a teacher for their child.

Posted September 22, 2008

Posted March 19, 2008
My kids love it here and the staff and after school activities are great

Posted January 04, 2008
I love scenic heights. It is a great school for under and over achivers. Everyone is treated farley and everyone gets along. Students can get involed in extra activites and the special area teachers are wonderful!

Scenic Heights Elementary School
3801 Cherry Laurel Drive, Pensacola, FL  32504
Last modified Scenic Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scenic Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top