Pensacola, FL

Posted April 10, 2014
I attended this school for a short while, and I was "scared away" by all the fights that break out and the overwhelming classes that they give you. The teachers there are okay, but the work was overwhelming all and all for an advanced student like myself. The principal there is very nice, but also weirdly confused... as far as the dean, she can be crude, but effective. If you go to this school, watch out for all the fights, the overwhelming challenging classes, and a lot of bullies. Thank you, an ex-student.

Posted February 20, 2013
My son has been a student of Workman for the last three years. Besides a handful of teachers, the teachings there are totally inadequate. Combine that with absolutely no leadership from the principal, you've got a mess. There is ONE police officer to manage almost 1,000 kids. The majority of teachers are pathetic. For example, one Civics teacher enjoys propping up his feet to watch basketball while the kids color. The list goes on and on. The only reason that I let my child attend is that he does not want to leave because all of his friends are there. If I'd known that after 6th grade the education would become so pathetic, I would have pulled him out immediately. I would dicourage any parent to send their child there. You can't undo what they've seen and heard and you'll never understand the justifications given for such poor teaching. A school needs strong leadership and the ability to require teachers to be held accountable. None of this is happening. The IB philosophy is a joke. Please, teach these children what they need to know- Math, Science, Language Arts etc., This "philosophy" is not only not working but is misleading to the parents.

Posted July 25, 2012
This school is a very immersive school, with numerous challenging courses. The school itself is very easy to navigate, as most classes will center around one area of the building. Fights occasionally break out, but are easily stopped as we have police officers on patrol 24/7. The teachers are a mixed bag, you get chosen to be a part of a group of students in a team (Team A, team B or even Team C) and it's luck whether you get good teachers or bad teachers. The schedules are easy to understand, as they use Block Scheduling for every class, meaning that each class lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes. The lunch period is within 2nd/6th period (depends on the day) and depending on your teacher, you will either go with A, B, C or D lunch. The one gripe I have with lunch is that the seating is sometimes imbalanced and that you get assigned a couple of tables to sit in. The excersize curriculum is okay, you get an hour and 30 minutes of P.E. every other day. This school has recently become an IB world school, and there are facilities for kids with mental disabilities and kids from other countries. Overall, I reccomend this school. This is coming first-hand from a student.

J. H. Workman Middle School 5

Posted July 31, 2011
I am not a parent but a student that attends workman middle school and my experience was not bad. Actually it was great . All most all of the teachers were great. Except for Dr.Wheeler . And i will be attending the school again with my brother. The experience might of been hard because it was there first time there. Sure there are play fights but not that many fights with fist. Or kids are just yelling at each other

Posted April 16, 2011
To the person underneath my comment , your completly wrong about the school in general . Their is NEVER a fight since my 3 years their i have only seen about 2 fights . Now Mrs.Edwards dosent do anything ,Mrs.Ursery is a very good Vice principal. The teachers that you named were good Mrs.P Carter is probley one of the best teachers out their she has good experiance with children she is my current history teacher(: Mrs. Egly is an okay teacher she teaches ONE lesson in a 45 min class , i can hardly comprehend the lesson , Mrs.bloodworth one of the science teachers is VERY disorganized with everything she will mostly give you projects worth 5 or 6 test grades and they are due in less than a week . I would reccomend you to this school but make sure you child is dedicated to his/her work . Personally i think if your going to talk anything about FIGHTS at this school then you need to go to this school , their is never a fight , no people jumpping people their might be some personal drama but no fights. another thing is i love the coaches ,Coach Stewart &Coach Brown but their are both leaving for retirement!

Posted April 04, 2011
My child has been a student at Workman for the last 2 years and my experience has been a nightmare!! From the Principal Mrs. Edwards on down ! She is useless! There are fights, unruly children, unfair practices, the list goes on. I have only met a few teachers who seem concerned and care about the children (Mrs. P Carter, Mr. T. Smith,Egly, Tienney) to name a few. I can't wait for my child to leave this school!!

Posted January 29, 2010
Workman Middle School is a great school overall. It has teachers that actually make learning interesting and not a bunch of boring, pointless textbook work. I cannot put into words how much I have learned from Workman, both in and out of the classroom. What I'm saying is that it has taught me not only what is required by the FCAT (GASP!) but also about life in general. There are some obscene comments on the walls of the bathrooms, but that, my dear friends, is the world. There are a few fights, but the numbers of those have significantly decreased recently. Workman is becoming a better school. Though the morale of it could be better, I enjoy going to school. I find it interesting. I'm a top student there, and I'm sure that if I enjoy it, your child will too.

J. H. Workman Middle School 0

Posted November 25, 2009
I love workman middle school in pensacola its fun and i love the school principle and all my teachers!!! belive me

Posted September 18, 2009
They work hard to meet each pupils individual needs.

J. H. Workman Middle School 5

Posted August 20, 2009

J. H. Workman Middle School
6299 Lanier Drive, Pensacola, FL  32504
Last modified J. H. Workman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. H. Workman Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top