Blessed Star Montessori Christian School

Private | PK-8

Living in Pensacola

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Sweep tile

Posted March 28, 2014

I regret putting my child to this school,I found myself doing more for them. All parents know about this, but, because Blessed Star is a good baby setter to their two or three year old while parents work. It is not good for the rest of us with older children from 8, 9, 10, 11,or 12 years old. This School is stresses the children and parents with to much homework every night, including weekends and holidays. Parents knows about this too much volunteer, This school went beyond asking parents to do for them. I saw parents landscaping, cutting trees,mowing lawn,edging sidewalk,climbing ladder inside classroom dusting and more. This parents are paying tuition, for my child between 10,000 to 11,000 a year. This is not even including registration, registration is between 200 to 300 dollars non refundable there is contract for this,we cannot get out it is binding and documented from this school. If any out there reading my letter, Think about it before you register your child, I am one of the parents fooled by their much nice words. This school does not have ,Principal,Director, but volunteer. They are not organize, the lady that in charge here is from china,I do not know what she's doing.

Posted February 8, 2012

Blessed Star is an amazing school! I can see evidence of this through my 3yo - her vocabulary, her curiosity, her behavior! Having previous experience with a large daycare facility, we wanted a smaller school so our children would receive individual attention. And they do! The staff are loving and kind and ALWAYS encouraging the students. I also know that they devote considerable time to the school outside of school hours. The school depends greatly on parental involvement and volunteers, so be prepared for the committment. But it's a great thing! And an investment in your child's future! Yes, there are time constraints that go along with having young children. but I work full-time and am able to help, so it is doable. Plus, it's a great way to be an active participant in your child's education. We are more than pleased with the sense of love and community at Blessed Star.

Posted February 6, 2012

q1This school is phenominal. It works to keep the children excited about learning, to help the children become better citizens, and all around individuals. They are better prepared for their next steps in life when they attend this school. As a military family, it's nice to find a school where my child feels at ease. I wish I could pack the school up with us when we have to leave. The teachers are extremely passionate about teaching the children and you can tell they have love for them all. I was shocked when reading prior posts. I'm pretty involved in the school when it comes to volunteering. And never once have I ever seen any cruel or physical punishment. I've also never seen a plastic toy in the school. I would recommend this school to any and everyone who is looking for a good school filled with challenging academics, fantastic teachers and an extended family. Be prepared to be apart of your child's life if you come here as it is a private school and parent participation is required to keep it going strong. I also love that part.

Posted August 7, 2011

Blessed Star is a wonderful school! My daughter (3 1/2) has been attending for a year now and she is blossoming into an intelligent, caring and inquisitive child. The teachers and staff are very attentive and fantastic about keeping us up to date on our child's progress. They do in fact teach true Montessori Methodology and the accusations of physical punishment are ridiculous and unfounded. My daughter loves going to school and is excited to learn. The teachers and staff truly adore my child and I feel extremely confident in her safety and well-being. In fact, my son will be attending in the fall. If you want your child to receive an amazing education that fosters the fulfillment of their highest potential-emotional, physical, and intellectual then you would be remiss to overlook Blessed Star.

Posted August 1, 2011

Is not a Montessori school. If you know about what is Montessori you would not believe in that school. Montessori doesn't have many plastic toys like that school does, they are regular teacher, and just one or two teacher have Montessori certificate. NOT RECOMMENDED! And EXPENSIVE for what they offer! The person who run the school want to have profit of what is not offering!

Posted July 25, 2011

I've been very disappointed with this school. From what I've learned through reading Montessori philosophy, this school can barely call itself that. Only one of their teachers is actually Montessori certified. They have Montessori materials in the classroom, but seem to spend most of their teaching time using traditional teacher-led lessons. They are very disorganized and are terrible at communicating with parents. They also practice punishment rather than the positive discipline described by the philosophy. Some of the punishment is even rather harsh - like pushups and standing in painful positions. I would not recommend this school at all.

Posted June 11, 2011

I was very disappointed with the school. Our family chose this school for our children to receive an excellent Montessori education. Unfortunately, they left much to be desired. Their rooms are not organized in the typical three year age span and my kindergarten student spent much of the year working in the lunchroom during the teacher's absence. It has the potential to be great with a large investment in materials, but without excellent teachers it is no more than a daycare facility. Going to Montessori School of Pensacola next year.

Posted September 1, 2007

I have had 1-2 children attending Blessed Star since 2003, from preschool to VPK to Kindergarten. During this time, the school transitioned from traditional teaching methods to Montessori teaching methods. My children love it, and amaze me daily with how much they are learning. Blessed Star has caring teachers, small class sizes, plenty of personal attention and parent involvement. It is excellent and continually improving; this year they even expanded to offer 1st grade! I would recommend Blessed Star Montessori Christian School to any parent wanting to give their child a solid educational foundation.

Posted May 19, 2007

If you are looking for a Christian pre-school, you will definitely get that here. They get 30 minutes of religious time each day. Unfortunately, after one school year of attendance our child knew more about the Bible than she did about reading or numbers. The school offers piano lessons for an extra $65 a month. Parents are required to put in 25 hours of volunteer time a year.

Posted November 19, 2006

Blessed Star Christian Montessori Preschool is a great place for my children. Teachers do keep in contact with parents and folders with children's work are sent home every Friday! I absolutely love Blessed Star, they teach my 2 children so much about God and they learn so much.

Posted August 5, 2006

My child is in the after-school program and she and I both love it. During the summer, they went on lots of field trips, and the school age teacher Ms. Claudia is wonderful! She taught them a lot this summer. There aren't many school-age children and that is what I like about it. They don't herd them like cattle like all the big childcare centers in Pensacola. I used to grade the childcare centers in Pensacola, so I do know which ones are just out to make more money and get as many children as they can possibly have within ratio. I would recommend Blessed Star to anyone who wants their child to be treated like a child and not another dollar sign! They also have a wonderful volunteer who used to teach school and she is great with all of the children. Would recommend school to anyone-

Posted May 4, 2006

My children have learned a lot from their preschool teachers. The challenge with this school is that they are not clear about the schools purpose and methodology. They keep changing the way they do things with the kids and so there is a lot of confusion between the teachers. It is not full montesorri school and they do not communicate well with the parents. Regardless of the problems, they have the childrens best interest at heart and are focussed on giving the children a good education. More Montesorri than Christian. They do not teach much about God or the bible even though the name would lead you to think so.

Asian 29% N/A

Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (850) 476-9208

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9151 North Davis Highway