Posted October 01, 2014
This school is fantastic! Caring teachers in a Christian environment, and genuine interest in your child's learning. The administration is clear about volunteer service hours (25 per year) and the importance of that for building community among staff, parents, and children. The advantages of the Montessori curriculum are evident in both of my children, who have attended this school for over 3 years. As a person with multiple graduate degrees who appreciates the value of education, I would recommend this school without reservation.

Posted March 28, 2014
I regret putting my child to this school,I found myself doing more for them. All parents know about this, but, because Blessed Star is a good baby setter to their two or three year old while parents work. It is not good for the rest of us with older children from 8, 9, 10, 11,or 12 years old. This School is stresses the children and parents with to much homework every night, including weekends and holidays. Parents knows about this too much volunteer, This school went beyond asking parents to do for them. I saw parents landscaping, cutting trees,mowing lawn,edging sidewalk,climbing ladder inside classroom dusting and more. This parents are paying tuition, for my child between 10,000 to 11,000 a year. This is not even including registration, registration is between 200 to 300 dollars non refundable there is contract for this,we cannot get out it is binding and documented from this school. If any out there reading my letter, Think about it before you register your child, I am one of the parents fooled by their much nice words. This school does not have ,Principal,Director, but volunteer. They are not organize, the lady that in charge here is from china,I do not know what she's doing.

Posted February 06, 2012
q1This school is phenominal. It works to keep the children excited about learning, to help the children become better citizens, and all around individuals. They are better prepared for their next steps in life when they attend this school. As a military family, it's nice to find a school where my child feels at ease. I wish I could pack the school up with us when we have to leave. The teachers are extremely passionate about teaching the children and you can tell they have love for them all. I was shocked when reading prior posts. I'm pretty involved in the school when it comes to volunteering. And never once have I ever seen any cruel or physical punishment. I've also never seen a plastic toy in the school. I would recommend this school to any and everyone who is looking for a good school filled with challenging academics, fantastic teachers and an extended family. Be prepared to be apart of your child's life if you come here as it is a private school and parent participation is required to keep it going strong. I also love that part.

Posted August 07, 2011
Blessed Star is a wonderful school! My daughter (3 1/2) has been attending for a year now and she is blossoming into an intelligent, caring and inquisitive child. The teachers and staff are very attentive and fantastic about keeping us up to date on our child's progress. They do in fact teach true Montessori Methodology and the accusations of physical punishment are ridiculous and unfounded. My daughter loves going to school and is excited to learn. The teachers and staff truly adore my child and I feel extremely confident in her safety and well-being. In fact, my son will be attending in the fall. If you want your child to receive an amazing education that fosters the fulfillment of their highest potential-emotional, physical, and intellectual then you would be remiss to overlook Blessed Star.

Posted August 01, 2011
Is not a Montessori school. If you know about what is Montessori you would not believe in that school. Montessori doesn't have many plastic toys like that school does, they are regular teacher, and just one or two teacher have Montessori certificate. NOT RECOMMENDED! And EXPENSIVE for what they offer! The person who run the school want to have profit of what is not offering!

Posted July 25, 2011
I've been very disappointed with this school. From what I've learned through reading Montessori philosophy, this school can barely call itself that. Only one of their teachers is actually Montessori certified. They have Montessori materials in the classroom, but seem to spend most of their teaching time using traditional teacher-led lessons. They are very disorganized and are terrible at communicating with parents. They also practice punishment rather than the positive discipline described by the philosophy. Some of the punishment is even rather harsh - like pushups and standing in painful positions. I would not recommend this school at all.

Blessed Star Montessori Christian School 2

Posted June 11, 2011
I was very disappointed with the school. Our family chose this school for our children to receive an excellent Montessori education. Unfortunately, they left much to be desired. Their rooms are not organized in the typical three year age span and my kindergarten student spent much of the year working in the lunchroom during the teacher's absence. It has the potential to be great with a large investment in materials, but without excellent teachers it is no more than a daycare facility. Going to Montessori School of Pensacola next year.

Blessed Star Montessori Christian School 0

Posted September 01, 2007
I have had 1-2 children attending Blessed Star since 2003, from preschool to VPK to Kindergarten. During this time, the school transitioned from traditional teaching methods to Montessori teaching methods. My children love it, and amaze me daily with how much they are learning. Blessed Star has caring teachers, small class sizes, plenty of personal attention and parent involvement. It is excellent and continually improving; this year they even expanded to offer 1st grade! I would recommend Blessed Star Montessori Christian School to any parent wanting to give their child a solid educational foundation.

Posted June 29, 2007

Blessed Star Montessori Christian School 3

Posted May 19, 2007
If you are looking for a Christian pre-school, you will definitely get that here. They get 30 minutes of religious time each day. Unfortunately, after one school year of attendance our child knew more about the Bible than she did about reading or numbers. The school offers piano lessons for an extra $65 a month. Parents are required to put in 25 hours of volunteer time a year.

Blessed Star Montessori Christian School
9151 North Davis Highway, Pensacola, FL  32514
Last modified Blessed Star Montessori Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Blessed Star Montessori Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top