Pine Forest High School

Public | 9-12 | 1710 students

Posted April 21, 2014

Where shall I begin...? The guidance office secretary is rude every time I have to go in the office, the principal chose to show a softball game to the whole school instead of have third period so my son missed his Algebra class, one of the teachers didn't know my child was in his class for three months because he never took roll, and classrooms are disrupted constantly by unruly students. We moved to Pensacola from out of state, and my child is doing a level of work that is two years behind the actual grade she is in. I can not wait to move out of this school zone.

Posted November 1, 2013

Leadership Lacking. Pine Forest does have some good teachers, but overall the school is a disorganized mess. My son came to live with me a few months ago and began this school, it has been a big disappointment. They do not welcome parent involvement a all and do no share information on my son's progress. Also, I have had several run ins with the female dean. She actually cursed relating a situation with my son. We are Christians and I do not appreciate it one bit. I tried to talk to the lady vice principal and she was rude to me. The principal just took up for them when I tried to talk to him. I am trying to move.

Posted April 14, 2013

I am a substitute teacher at this school and I do not recommend it to other teachers or subs. The students are defiant and argumentive. For example, I asked for a student's attention, in a nice tone, and I receive the word "what." I also have students yell at me or take advantage of me when I try to get their attention. I subbed at Tate, Washington, and even West Florida and I have never had this problem. I think Pine Forest needs to do something about it's discipline.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 23, 2010

This is my son's second year at PFHS. He's doing great academically and involved in ROTC which keeps him around students with the same motivation level and most of them seem to have good norals and values. The teachers at PHFS don't send home many updates on students but I'm able to keep track of his progress by going online to the Eagle Hotline which is a great tool for any parent.

Posted December 21, 2009

I am a 9th grade student, and so far, I am enjoying this school and excelling. I do believe that a few teachers just do not belong in this environment, that they are clearly out of their element and unable to work with adolescent children that have minds of their own, but most teachers are above amazing and truly do care about the students. Our math teacher, Mrs. Bergstrom, is one such teacher. I believe that there is a clear lack of parent involvement, and some of the children there are beyond ridiculous when it comes to having bad manners, a lack of respect, and a loud mouth, but this really is a school where the willing can LEARN.

Posted January 15, 2009

I value the school and it potentially has the capability of getting a better rating than a 'D'. However, aside from picking and choosing the 'right friends' there. The school needs to exercise more stricter discipline and classroom management policies. The blend of Woodham and Pine Forest to save money has created a 'territorial problem' with the students.The class iszes are big which doesn't help. Some of the teachers don't post their homework assignments on the board and some classes are 'out of control'.The ROTC program is the best, second to none in the district and is exemplorary to the other teachers and school climate and benchmarks. Recentely, I had a Parent Conference Scheduled led by a Guidance Counselor. Half of the teachers showed up even when they were given a three week notice and remeinded the day before. Even the Guidance counselor wasn't present. How am I suppose to feel?

Posted December 1, 2008

To the parent below that said Pine Forest is the worst school in Escambia County: You can not blame your child's poor performance on the school. If your daughter was performing well and you changed schools the drop in performance was probably due to changes in the child's life. My daughter is a junior at PFHS and is carrying a 4.0 unweighted with all honors classes, this is all due to parent involvement, great teachers, and wonderful administration. By the way, we do have doors and walls now, actually they were there at the start of school. The school responded beautifully to the over crowding as a result of Woodham closing. You need to get involved in your child's education and make sure that she is choosing the right friends, with those changes I am sure that your child will excel. Go Eagles!!!

Posted September 5, 2008

This school is great 100% I love it and so does my child I'd recomend everyone to Pine Forest High School!!!!

Posted August 1, 2008

Well the parent below me doesn't have a clue of what Pine Forest is really about. You are just a parent. The administration is absolutely the best. They all pitch in to help keep Pine Forest in the best shape it came be. You have teachers administrating excellece in direction. Not only do the teachers help get the students to class on time, they offer the kind of help to all grades to get you through another day of balanced hard work. I believe Pine Forest is the best school in escambia county because as well they interact with the community. Pine Forest gives back unlike the schools. So just because i was a student at Pine Forest i still believe if you want your child to feel safe, get the academic study they need, advance in life through social skills, and to better themselves choose PFHS!!!!EAGLES!!!!

Posted June 20, 2008

This is the worst school in escambia county. I am currently a parent at pine forest and i must say, the teenagers there are just out of control, my daughter had straight A's while attending pensacola floridas Escambia high school but we had to move due to career choices. The teachers don't care about the students work. The deans there have absolute no clue on how to discipline the teenagers, the atmosphere of this school is in horrible shape, they have no walls or doors the only sorry excuse of a door and wall they have are dividers. the students clearly lose concentration and are not able to finsh their assignments. My daughter is going into the 10th grade and next year i am defintely putting her back in Escambia, i dont care if i have to drive her myself to escambia high school.

Posted June 20, 2008

Posted May 11, 2008

hello eveyone, two of my three children graduate from Pineforest hs. they both got a scholaship and both carry a good memory from these school, my son was in football and more maintain a 4.0 average and my daughter same, and they are both carry the same now that they are in college. so thank you all pine forest principal , teachers (ms.sue) (mr. lamont) those are the challenger teacher, above all thank you for mrs. Barbara patterson for the hard work, and thank mr pollard and mr hubbard.

Posted January 11, 2006

hello my name is barbara marshall my daughter will be graduating this year she went to plne forest for 4 years she liked this school and so do l. she spent all 4 years in the band and she enjoyed it as well as the other academic programs.pine forest high school is a good school and i will tell other parents about it. god bless [ barbara marshall]

Posted June 17, 2005

Academic programs are very good. I sometimes find it difficult to get in touch with teachers. Pine Forest has an excellent reputation.

Posted March 31, 2005

I feel that Pine Forest is a excellent school. I have had one child graduate and another is in 11th grade. They keep the web information up to date and anytime you have a question someone is there to help you. Ms. Patterson is wonderful she will help you out anyway that she can. The teachers that my children have had are good they really try to help and will contact you if you let them know that you are intersted in what your child is doing. They will even help you with ideas to increase their study habits, they also have tutoring session available to help. I'm just really glad my childern attend PFHS!

Posted January 8, 2005

Pine Forest is a great school for your students to attend. They have the best art program that I have ever seen and a really good academic curriculum. I enjoy all my classes very much and there is a variety to choose from. Their extracurricular activities are also good. I joined the cross country team and enjoyed it a lot. The discipline is handled well and most of all, the teachers are very nice and are always willing to work with the students. I really do not see a lot of parent involvement though.

Posted February 18, 2004

At the risk of sounding like an old person, I was one of the 'original' students at PFHS, starting in 1976 as a sophomore and leaving in the class of '78. We were all very proud of our school and in the years following '76, we rapidly proved the school to be a player in the Pensacola area, not only in football and other sports, but almost every other extra-curricular activity. The previous posters complaining about how football seems to be the priority now probably don't realize that that's always the way it's been in Escambia county schools. Football gets the school noticed. Almost every other activity has to come to blows to get any of the scarce cash it needs, or the kids have to resort to demeaning fund raising drives to get it. I can't even begin to tell you how many cars I washed, or popcorn, candy bars, doughnuts, or posters I sold to support the group I happened to be in (band, etc.). Many times we had to pay our own way for something. I think what our educators should do is take a look at all the previous graduating classes and where all the football players and cheerleaders are now in life, then compare that to the former 'nerds' and where they are. That alone should tell them where the money needs to be spent. Don't get me wrong...PFHS was a fabulous school back then and I hope it stays that way or gets back to it!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 21, 2004

Escambia county schools are not a diamond in the rough. The funding is all focused on Football. Other activities are left to fend for themselves and scramble together fundraisers in order to get decent T-shirts, go on trips, to competitions and festivals, etc. The focus should be on all of the extracurricular activities and not just football. The entire school seems to be preparing you for college. . . Until it comes time in your Junior year after you've passed the FCAT. No one seems to care that you still have many big tests ahead of you that you need in order to get into college. Keep up the good work, PFHS.

Posted January 20, 2004

I graduated from Pine Forest over six years ago and it still stands as the best school experience I ever had. The teachers and staff were wonderful. The safety was above most school standards. The atmosphere was the best, keep up the good work!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 31, 2003

I graduated from Pine Forest this past year. I must say that this has to be the best school in the district. Of my four years here, I feel that I was well prepared for college. Other than lack of doors, which really doesn't matter, the school is great. The teachers work well with each other, fighting and violence is minimal, and the education level is a cut above the rest! I wouldn't have gone anywhere else...

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

487 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

413 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

414 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

386 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

241 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

297 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

278 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 7%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options