1,712 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

Pine Forest High School 4

Posted November 29, 2014
I love my school and the teachers! The students, not so much. We need more school spirit and respect!

Posted August 01, 2014
I don't even know where to start. Parents whatever you do, do NOT send your child to pine forest. In my opinion, it's one of the worst in pensacola. It's so unorganized, staff is unprofessional, my daughter completely hated and I understand that's why I took her out. The children are extremely rude and defiant and loud. PARENTS I AM WARNING YOU. DO NOT SEND YOURE CHILD TO THIS JOKE OF A SCHOOL. IT WOULD BE A HUGE MISTAKE! Trust me , my poor daughter went to pfhs for two years. It was our district . My daughter told me all the time about how miserable she was and how the kids are so immature and rude and insulting. I honestly feel horrible for sending my daughter to pine forest. But I finally decided to do something about it .. I sent my daughter to tate high her junior year and she loved it she was so much more focused on her school work. And applying herself. She was involved in sports and the staff and school was very well organized .She was so focused on getting into college and, she did it.. And I'm beyond proud of her.

Posted April 21, 2014
Where shall I begin...? The guidance office secretary is rude every time I have to go in the office, the principal chose to show a softball game to the whole school instead of have third period so my son missed his Algebra class, one of the teachers didn't know my child was in his class for three months because he never took roll, and classrooms are disrupted constantly by unruly students. We moved to Pensacola from out of state, and my child is doing a level of work that is two years behind the actual grade she is in. I can not wait to move out of this school zone.

Posted November 01, 2013
Leadership Lacking. Pine Forest does have some good teachers, but overall the school is a disorganized mess. My son came to live with me a few months ago and began this school, it has been a big disappointment. They do not welcome parent involvement a all and do no share information on my son's progress. Also, I have had several run ins with the female dean. She actually cursed relating a situation with my son. We are Christians and I do not appreciate it one bit. I tried to talk to the lady vice principal and she was rude to me. The principal just took up for them when I tried to talk to him. I am trying to move.

Posted April 14, 2013
I am a substitute teacher at this school and I do not recommend it to other teachers or subs. The students are defiant and argumentive. For example, I asked for a student's attention, in a nice tone, and I receive the word "what." I also have students yell at me or take advantage of me when I try to get their attention. I subbed at Tate, Washington, and even West Florida and I have never had this problem. I think Pine Forest needs to do something about it's discipline.

Pine Forest High School 3

Posted February 23, 2010
This is my son's second year at PFHS. He's doing great academically and involved in ROTC which keeps him around students with the same motivation level and most of them seem to have good norals and values. The teachers at PHFS don't send home many updates on students but I'm able to keep track of his progress by going online to the Eagle Hotline which is a great tool for any parent.

Pine Forest High School 4

Posted December 21, 2009
I am a 9th grade student, and so far, I am enjoying this school and excelling. I do believe that a few teachers just do not belong in this environment, that they are clearly out of their element and unable to work with adolescent children that have minds of their own, but most teachers are above amazing and truly do care about the students. Our math teacher, Mrs. Bergstrom, is one such teacher. I believe that there is a clear lack of parent involvement, and some of the children there are beyond ridiculous when it comes to having bad manners, a lack of respect, and a loud mouth, but this really is a school where the willing can LEARN.

Posted January 15, 2009
I value the school and it potentially has the capability of getting a better rating than a 'D'. However, aside from picking and choosing the 'right friends' there. The school needs to exercise more stricter discipline and classroom management policies. The blend of Woodham and Pine Forest to save money has created a 'territorial problem' with the students.The class iszes are big which doesn't help. Some of the teachers don't post their homework assignments on the board and some classes are 'out of control'.The ROTC program is the best, second to none in the district and is exemplorary to the other teachers and school climate and benchmarks. Recentely, I had a Parent Conference Scheduled led by a Guidance Counselor. Half of the teachers showed up even when they were given a three week notice and remeinded the day before. Even the Guidance counselor wasn't present. How am I suppose to feel?

Posted December 01, 2008
To the parent below that said Pine Forest is the worst school in Escambia County: You can not blame your child's poor performance on the school. If your daughter was performing well and you changed schools the drop in performance was probably due to changes in the child's life. My daughter is a junior at PFHS and is carrying a 4.0 unweighted with all honors classes, this is all due to parent involvement, great teachers, and wonderful administration. By the way, we do have doors and walls now, actually they were there at the start of school. The school responded beautifully to the over crowding as a result of Woodham closing. You need to get involved in your child's education and make sure that she is choosing the right friends, with those changes I am sure that your child will excel. Go Eagles!!!

Pine Forest High School 5

Posted September 05, 2008
This school is great 100% I love it and so does my child I'd recomend everyone to Pine Forest High School!!!!

2500 Longleaf Drive, Pensacola, FL  32526
Last modified Pine Forest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Forest High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top