1,712 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

my feelings are, when a child relly want to learn, the teacher go way beyond the reqirements, my child asks for extra homework from her teachers and they please to help her . thank you

the programs thats offer is amazing.this has allow my child to relize she can concord the world in the furture,

Terrible school. My daughter has health issues and went to band camp and was in ROTC. Well, the band team tore her apart. Told her that she was a failure, she was a mistake and many more things. She came home every single day of band camp crying her eyes out because they would make her feel horrible. They would humiliate her and taunt her in front of everyone while encouraging others to laugh and make fun of her as well. The children here are terrible as well! Rude, disrespectful and all need to get some manners. Her teacher had called her classes below average and dumb when in fact my daughter is not. The ROTC coaches let into the program knowing she had health issues, waited 4 weeks, told her to join drill team and then had the nerve to call me and tell me that she was being kicked out the program right after he told her she could do all of it. She still cries to me every single day because nobody will give her a chance to prove herself to others. If you know what is good for your child, DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!!

I believe this school and all Pensacola schools should model after the ones in Santa Rosa, specifically the ones in Milton, a smaller Pensacola. The elementary schools should have students pull tickets for every bad behavior. The middle schools should use a five-step discipline plan, such as a warning, discipline assignment, seat relocation, stay after class, and then referral. The high schools should go one step further, such as 3-day suspension as 5-day and ISS to 3-day suspension. Furthermore, all schools should have students knowing each other, teachers knowing students, and administration knowing teachers. The schools should prohibit such outward appearances, such as dreadlocks, cornrows, hair painting, facial piercings, and Gothic dress. This is not discrimination, but they are promoting crime and even rules broken.

I am a student who had the misfortune of graduating from this sorry excuse of a school. The staff were unprofessional. They are incapable of keeping teachers or guidance counselors on staff either, so don't expect your student to have the same guidance counselor for all four years. The administration only cares about AP scores and test scores. Anything that will keep them their borderline C rating. Any regular class is a disruptive environment that cannot be well kept and any honors or AP class is taught by someone who probably doesn't have the degree to teach it, they just passed a certification test that they might have failed numerous times beforehand. They might as well be borderline sabatoging the education of their students, but that would almost involve effort, and there is no effort put out there. Which is why nothing can get sent to the right place at the right time and you are spent begging for you educational needs to be met as well as getting your transcripts sent out when applying for college. Literally, your chances at college will be jeopardized here by their inability to do anything in a timely manner. And hey, who needs a decent education as long as the administration gets ID locks on their doors and nice golf carts, right? Do not send your child to this school unless you want them to have a miserable four years. It is worth a lot more just to apply to West Florida Tech or make the drive to Tate or Escambia. Your student will walk out of any of those schools with a higher GPA and better college standings than if they attended Pine Forest.

I love my school and the teachers! The students, not so much. We need more school spirit and respect!

I don't even know where to start. Parents whatever you do, do NOT send your child to pine forest. In my opinion, it's one of the worst in pensacola. It's so unorganized, staff is unprofessional, my daughter completely hated and I understand that's why I took her out. The children are extremely rude and defiant and loud. PARENTS I AM WARNING YOU. DO NOT SEND YOURE CHILD TO THIS JOKE OF A SCHOOL. IT WOULD BE A HUGE MISTAKE! Trust me , my poor daughter went to pfhs for two years. It was our district . My daughter told me all the time about how miserable she was and how the kids are so immature and rude and insulting. I honestly feel horrible for sending my daughter to pine forest. But I finally decided to do something about it .. I sent my daughter to tate high her junior year and she loved it she was so much more focused on her school work. And applying herself. She was involved in sports and the staff and school was very well organized .She was so focused on getting into college and, she did it.. And I'm beyond proud of her.

Where shall I begin...? The guidance office secretary is rude every time I have to go in the office, the principal chose to show a softball game to the whole school instead of have third period so my son missed his Algebra class, one of the teachers didn't know my child was in his class for three months because he never took roll, and classrooms are disrupted constantly by unruly students. We moved to Pensacola from out of state, and my child is doing a level of work that is two years behind the actual grade she is in. I can not wait to move out of this school zone.

Leadership Lacking. Pine Forest does have some good teachers, but overall the school is a disorganized mess. My son came to live with me a few months ago and began this school, it has been a big disappointment. They do not welcome parent involvement a all and do no share information on my son's progress. Also, I have had several run ins with the female dean. She actually cursed relating a situation with my son. We are Christians and I do not appreciate it one bit. I tried to talk to the lady vice principal and she was rude to me. The principal just took up for them when I tried to talk to him. I am trying to move.

I am a substitute teacher at this school and I do not recommend it to other teachers or subs. The students are defiant and argumentive. For example, I asked for a student's attention, in a nice tone, and I receive the word "what." I also have students yell at me or take advantage of me when I try to get their attention. I subbed at Tate, Washington, and even West Florida and I have never had this problem. I think Pine Forest needs to do something about it's discipline.

Last modified Pine Forest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.