801 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

This school is absolutely HORRID. We have had problems with bullies from day one & lazy teachers who do NOTHING about it. The women who work in the office are rude & have horrible attitudes EVERY SINGLE DAY ... they will ignore you while you're standing at the window, & when they FINALLY acknowledge you , Its only by saying "do you need something ma'am ?"..... I'm taking my kids out of this school ASAP ....

This school is AWFUL! My son will be transferring in a month, but it won't be soon enough! Lots of problems with bullies and teachers who don't take time to make sure a child actually understands the curriculam. Save yourself and your child the headache and pick a different school.

i went to this school as a child and now 2 of my children attend. This school takes care of and treats all their students equal and great. They make sure students stay safe which is a big for me.

I really like the school they were so nice when I put my child there in late feb.

We were nervous about moving but this school is wonderful and my two children in longleaf are loving it and this is a wonderful surprise.

I have a 5th grader and a Kindergartner. We transferred from a Private school because we moved from Tampa. At first, the challenges were high for our 5th grader - school was larger, teachers - more of them, students, more of them, etc. However, the teachers recognized these (minor) issues and were in continual communication with us regarding grades, social skills, behavior, and goals we set together. She has come a long way and I feel is completely ready for Middle School - even though I am not! Our Kindergartner surprised us with amazing reading skills in Kindergarten - we were comcerned with his social skills this year - as of today, he too is shining in amazing ways, and we seriously give muych credit to the teachers and staff at Longleaf.

The curriculum was too fast paced. The teachers didn't have time to go back and teach my child what he didn't understand. So I ended up having to re-explain what my child should've learned in class. I can understand having to help sometimes, I just feel this happened too much!

I have two children in this school, one in 1st grade and one in the VPK program. I am constantly amazed at the efficiency in which this school operates and how excited my children are to get to school every day. My children are progressing extremely well in a very bright and positive setting and that's all I can hope for in a school. To all of the hard working people at Longleaf Elementary, your dedication and spirit is very appreciated!

Last modified Longleaf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.