1,393 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

I have two children who attended Bailey for 6th-8th grades. Every school has it's issues, this one has MINOR flaws. There are no lockers, but is that really a big deal when the education is good? Both of my kids went on to honors and AP classes in high school thanks to the teachers at Bailey! I never felt like my kids were not safe or were neglected. The bottom line is that at this age and older, what you get out of school directly relates to the work you're willing to put in!

It's a great school but it could be better than it is.No lockers in the hallway for Bailey school students,the only one you get is the one in p.e.!!!!!!! It also could be better if they made it easier for Bailey beginners.

This school's faculty is ridiculous and petty. They are more worried about their reputation than they are teaching and mentoring children. I thought enrolling my son here would be beneficial to him and his education, but its been nothing short of a knit picking nightmare. The faculty and teachers are rude, short, and borderline unprofessional. Never again will one of my children attend this joke of a school.

Average middle school with a fairly weak academic schedule. Most of the teachers seem to care and are willing to talk to parents, but the school administrators (especially the guidance counselors and principal) are worthless. Will never return e-mails (delivered within their own system off their website). Every parent I've spoken with recommends calling Malcolm Thomas (the school Superintendent) to get any action or to even get a simple response to a question.

I am very upset with this school system after an interaction with my niece. After suffering a broken ankle, she was not allowed to make up her assignments in one class because the teacher stated she could not bring the book home. The teacher was uncooperative when contacted, the counselor was clueless with no ability to access grades, and the principal was too busy "making deadlines" to tend to the matter after 4 days. The guidance counselor then proceeded to remove the child from class, badger her about the situation sending her into tears with accusatory statements. After transferring from supposedly one of the poorest education systems in the country in Louisiana to this "fine" school, I am of the belief this school could learn alot from the schools in Louisiana where the teachers and administrators took interest in the well being of the students.

My step-granddaughter has graduated from Bailey. Bailey is a great school and treats its position in the student's lives to prepare them to high school!

The Pricipal is terrible as is the assistant principal in fairness to all studends, & their leadership quality. Most of the teachers my two sons had were not qualified in their area of teaching. This school was one of the most horrible not just schools we have experienced, but most horrible times of our lives. This was very dissapointing, as my children had so looked forward to moving on up to middle school.

.I have two boys that attend Jim Bailey School!! They Love the school and really enjoy going. My questions to you as a parent are you doing your part as a parent. Parents seem to forget that Teacher are Underpaid and Under Appreciated!!! My advice would be walk a day in their shoes, or better yet get a job, correct your own children and quit making excuses for them.

This is a terrible school. We moved half year here and no one offered any information about the school and programs that they had. No one offered to show us the school nothing. I had to ask about everything, I even had to ask to talk to a guidance counselor. Every time I called and had to leave a message no one would call me back because my number is out of area, but no one bothered to tell me this til after the third time when a teacher called on their own phone. They lost half of our paperwork that I gave the school. They do not allow the kids to have bags or lockers. I'm not a big fan on this, I think they should have a place to put their coats so they dont have to carry them with them all day. If it wasnt for my child liking the classes and the kids I wouldnt have given it as high as mark. Very unhappy with this school.

The school feels they take all rights away from parents. The Principals are a JOKE. They care more about your kids attendence then learning. I am moving my child from this school. My child was honor roll in his past schools and at this school his grades have dropped. they have a website you can go to for checking homework but the teachers never update it. The security is way overboard since they have issues with the fighting and stealing at the school. Threatening letters home about attendence but when you call the school they say they will look into it. What school do you know of that has students write reviews for it and if you read those reviews they sound coached. I am actually dealing with an issue right now with the school. Have a meeting about my childs attendence which we have doctor notes for but I must attend this meeting with my child. Well now they are keeping my kid out of class to go to this meeting makes no sense, are they trying to make me look bad. Well wrong parent to play those games with.The PTA here is a joke also.

Last modified Jim C. Bailey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.