No rating

East Hill Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 200 students

We are best known for dedication to excellence.

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Pensacola

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted August 18, 2014

My son enjoyed his time there. I really felt like the teachers cared about the students success. Tight knit school, and I appreciate that. I believe my child was nurtured there educationally and spiritually. Only reason we didn't return was due to distance from where we live and the tuition we were paying was too much for us.

Posted July 2, 2014

Don't even bother. Education is ok, but not a good environment. Just because its called a christian school doesn't mean its great. I went there for a semester didnt make friends at all, students there were very snobby. Don't recommend it

Posted June 25, 2014

My children have been at East Hill Christian for 8 years and we LOVE the school. East Hill offers Christ centered education in a loving environment. the small class sizes ensure my children get the attention they need to excel. East Hill has extracurriculars for Elementary students through High school. This is the best private school in town.

Posted May 9, 2014

awful. will not hesitate to give your child detention. but if a child of a ruling family in the school gets in trouble they will make the punishment about 50% more relaxed

Posted July 19, 2013

My children are getting ready to enter their second year at East Hill, 11th and 8th grade! We are more than happy with the caring staff, small Christ centered school and opportunities for our children to participate in anything and everything they desire! With a new Headmaster and a growing population this is a must school for any family looking for a nuturing and caring environment! Highly recommended!

Posted July 12, 2013

As the new head of school of East Hill Christian School, I am happy to represent and lead a school that focuses on a Christ-centered, college preparatory education. We offer an environment conducive to learning, and we provide a class size between 10 and 25 students depending on grade level. Our teachers consider it an honor to work with their students and see what they do as their calling and ministry. If you are interested in East Hill, please call me and I will be happy to take you on a tour! If you are a current family or former family who might not be happy about an issue, please allow me to speak with you about it, so I can help resolve any issues. East Hill is growing and has an exciting future! I hope you will consider being a part of it!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 12, 2013

I have 2 children attending East Hill Christian School. My oldest is heading into Middle School and my youngest is in Elementary School. Both of my children have attended EHCS from Pre-K. I have been pleased with East Hill from the very beginning. I am very active in the school from attending PTA meetings to class parties to fall festivals. The teachers and administrators have always encouraged the families to be involved as much as possible. The school really does have a welcoming environment. I have been extremely pleased with the academics. The teachers are excellent teachers and extremely nurturing. As with any place there can be issues or concerns, but unique to East Hill Christian is the way in which the teachers and administrators care to work with the family and student to rectify any issues. My children have made some true lifelong friends at East Hill Christian School. My husband and I love the Christian education they are receiving. This is among one of the best decisions we have made for our children. Go Eagles!!!

Posted May 11, 2013

East Hill Christian School is absolutely the right place for my children! My daughter, a current senior, is graduating with top ACT and SAT scores and has been offered more than $300,000 in scholarships at 5 different universities, from public to private. She was accepted to the University of Florida, which is notoriously hard to get into nowadays, as well as FSU. My other child is a sophomore at the school, where she is participating in all aspects of the school: student government, cheerleading, honor society, student leadership institute, honors program, athletics, Bible study, etc. I fully expect her to graduate at the top of her class as well. The small class size allows individualized attention for all students. Our school encourages parents to get involved. We have a headmaster who is innovative and dedicated! Best of all, my children are in a safe and dynamic learning environment and are training to excel in all areas of their lives. God is truly at work at East Hill Christian School as He has been since 1958. What a blessing!

Posted April 24, 2012

My son attended EHCS from K-5 through the eighth grade. During that time, the school student population dropped almost 50%. The graduating class is now approximately 20. The school had three campuses and now has been compressed into what was the high school campus. We moved our son to another private school with a school size of 600, three time the size of EHCS. The quality of education at EHCS deteriorated as the school population decreased. Teachers were teaching out of their expertise field. My son has straight A's at East Hill and when he transferred, he was WAY behind the students from other schools. It took a full year from him to catch up with classmates. EHCS campus facilities has deteriorated with no air conditioning in the gymnasium. The new principal is trying very hard to reverse the long term trends and with time may do this. East Hill is one of those small private schools that has a few families trying to run it their way. Recoomend you research this school very closely.

Posted March 8, 2011

As my son nears high school graduation, I am more convinced than ever that putting him into EHCS years ago was the best choice we could have made for him. He has been prepared academically for college and influenced by many godly teachers and coaches, and relying on God and honoring Him have always remained a strong focus in academics and athletics.

Posted March 8, 2011

I have 3 children at East Hill Christian School. My oldest is in middle school and the younger two are in elementary. I am convinced that this is the right school for my family. The education provided is exceptional. This is evident from the comparitive testing scores EHCS has received. The average college scholarship received in 2010 was reported to be in excess of tuition for K5 12 combined. In my view, that is a tremendous investment. The environment is protective and caring. Parental involvement is encouraged. We are very satisfied.

Posted March 8, 2011

We have had children attending East Hill Christian school for 14 years. We have always been pleased with the excellent education, caring teachers and administrators, and pleasant environment. Parents are allowed and encouraged to participate as much as possible with volunteering and visiting the classroom. High morals, Christian principles, as well as strong academics are stressed on a daily basis. Our children have always tested well above their grade levels in all standardized testing. Our son graduated last year and had top ACT and SAT scores and was accepted into every college that he applied with scholarships. We have been very pleased.

Posted February 26, 2011

Since they added a new online/email system, communication from the school has been fantastic. We order school lunches, check grades and attendance, and search the library online! It's been so great!

Posted June 23, 2010

Since there were some positive changes made a few years ago, the school is now on a solid foundation with excellent, experienced teachers and a wonderful administration. This school is awesome and has a great sports program as well as other activities. There is so much love shown to the children!!!

Posted February 3, 2008

EHCS is a small christian school with a very friendly atmosphere. There is definately a sense of belonging in this school. My children feel they are a part of the family. However, I have been dissatisfied with unexperienced teachers in the past. There are some unstability in the school and seems like the staff is always changing.

Posted March 27, 2007

A very healthy environment that allows children to excel both academically and spiritually. Non Denominational Christian Values are interwoven with a great educational curriculum.

Posted June 23, 2005

East Hill is a great school academically. There is plenty of extracurricular activities for the students to participate in. There is not as much parent/teacher communication as I feel there should be. I also think that at the middle/high school level there is not enough discipline.

Posted June 11, 2005

Students who graduate from East Hill have been proven very successful in college courses. Teachers are excellent and genuinely care about each student's success. There are many sports to choose from. Parents are very involved in their students education. I give East Hill Christian an A+
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 5, 2005

Good academic programs, some sports, good parent involvement, healthy atmosphere.

Awards

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Angie Wood
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Creative writing

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions

1301 E Gonzalez St