7-12|Private

Bad
Good

My school is an amazing place! The teachers & staff are very helpful and patient. The best education in Pensacola.

I am an alumna of SOLA, and I could have never believed that my high school experience would have made such a great impact on me. I attended Gulf Breeze High before transferring; the shoe just didn't fit for me. SOLA has a morning discussion which covers all topics (local and global) in hopes to educate the students. This allows them to have a voice in the classroom. The daily curriculum requires strength in reading and comprehension, and reinforces the importance of legible penmanship, lost today with the rampant use of technology. The curriculum at times is often quite extensive, comparative to a college classroom. The core classes are taught in 8 week blocks with math as the last hour of each day (practice makes perfect). SOLA strives to prepare students for the next step.... LIFE...They are funded solely by the tuition received from those enrolled, which allows the teachers to break free from the chains that bind education to standardized testing. This allows students to ask real questions and receive real answers. FINALLY, an education relieved from the vortex of politics!!! Gnothi Seauton~

Best school ever! Everything I've learned, I learned at Liberal Arts. Great teachers and no political partisanship in lessons.

A school like no other, truly unique and one of the best places to get an education.

This school offers a small learning environment where the students are taught to have their own ideas and thoughts. These individual ideas are valued by both their peers and the faculty and staff. They are learning the value of an education with the freedom to have independent thoughts. They are breeding leaders not sheep.

I went to this school and it saved me. I had been kicked out of two different public schools either by being severely bullied or by being asked to leave. Liberal Arts accepted me. They became my family when I had none. This school offers one on one attention and guidance to students who are in dire need of positive direction. They changed my life and I do not know where I would be without them. Thank you to the teachers and to Mr. Holston for starting this amazing place. If you have any doubts about sending your child here, please hear my words and know it's truly worth it. The teachers would sit with me after school and talk to me when I needed them.

I think this school is a great opportunity for kids that get lost in public schools. The teachers an staff give the students the extra attention an time when they need it. I know that this school has given so many students a future they would never of had in another school.

If you attend Liberal Arts, Believe Me You'll Love It & Will Not Regret Anything. This School helps you so much and is so much easier to work with !!!

As a parent, I find this school to be true to the proper Education our children need. The teachers, staff, and students are all wonderful and caring. I leave my daughter everyday at the school, knowing she is safe, and in the proper teaching hands. I wish I had known about this school for some of my older children. I do know the others will attend. I could have used a school like this when I was growing up.

My son attends SOLA, the Pensacola School of Liberal Arts. Although I live overseas, in Greece, the communication with the school's Principal and teachers is excellent, making me feel closer to the education process of my son. As my son is a fairly typical adolescent who would rather play than study, I have found that the daily examination of all students on the material of the day has forced my son to stay far more up to date with coursework vs. the random examination which is more typical of schools. Also, the system of teaching one unit at a time is very helpful to my son as he can focus on many aspects of the same subject vs. having to follow a number of different subjects at the same time. All in all, I am grateful that my son studies at SOLA and I feel that he gets the best education that he could have. As a last comment, I have lived for very many years in the USA, and I am an educator myself, so I have first-hand understanding of school systems in two countries. I truly believe that SOLA's approach is very well worth looking into as a blueprint for public schools as well. To conclude, the Pensacola SOLA gets the highest recommendation from me.

Last modified Pensacola Private School of Liberal Arts is a Private school that serves grades 7-12