No rating

Jubilee Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 280 students

Living in Pensacola

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $49,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted February 24, 2014

I have two children who attended JCA. Both had wonderful experiences socially, spiritually, academically, and they loved going to school each day. They're at a different school this year, although we only needed to move our oldest because he wanted more challenging academics. (He's gifted.) However, the new school may offer a few more extracurricular, but they pail in comparison to Jubilee in the spiritual and social aspect. I greatly miss the parent-teacher communication that is valued at JCA, and my children still talk about the awesome chapel days! The administration at JCA is quick to deal with student issues and compassionate in helping families. They're willing to work with parents. My daughter's been bullied in K5 at her current school, and I'm extremely disapointed at the Administration's response to my concerns for her. I have no doubt it would've been resolved quickly at JCA, and I regret moving her from the loving environment there. My oldest has grown to like the new school, but asks frequently to return to JCA, as he attended there from K5 to 3rd. I know they have the best intentions to provide a balanced education, but I have yet to see a school succeed at this.

Posted August 26, 2013

My daughter has been goin here since kindergarten and all the teachers she had has been great they work one on one with your kids And my child has development the since of respect and the way to carry herself when it comes to wearing her attire uniform!

Posted April 22, 2013

Jubilee Christian.. Well there is really nothing Christan about it. There is a overwhelming shadow of favoritism to the children that belong to staff. There are some beautiful teachers there aka Ms. Debbie for Kindergarten. After that its a gamble with only one teacher per grade. The second grade teacher vanished without a trace or explanation. Something is wrong. I have past friends that have placed there children here and when they felt is was enough so they can go to public school, the children fail. Usually all in Math, Science and Reading. Something is seriously wrong. Too many first year teachers who are just not ready to teach.. enter with extreme caution parents.

Posted June 25, 2012

Both of my children have attended JCA since pre-school. They are now in middle school. It is a great school, with good teachers and helpful administration. A place where you really feel like they love and care for your child. A school of strong academics, and a peaceful atmosphere. I am thankful for this school, but the only problem is that they dont have a high school right now. I recommend this school to anyone looking to get out of the public school choas.

Posted July 17, 2011

after praying for direction on where to send my daughter for pre-k finally got confirmation that it would be jca and we are super excited to see what the Lord has in store for our daughter and our family as we take this new journey together!! : )

Posted July 1, 2010

i attended jubilee 3 years ago.. i is a GREAT school.... the teacher were great and i loved mrs. fox.

Posted November 4, 2008

This is not a good school anymore. Things have drastically changed since I wrote my last review. My two children have attended this school since k-5. The school has academically declined tremendously. I have decided to withdraw my children because MATH was being taught only twice a week for one hour, no math homework was being given and no math tests were being given. I voiced numerous concerns on this matter with the teacher and administrative staff, nothing was done. The teacher refused to respond to my emails for a conference with her. Math was continued to be taught twice a week with other subjects being neglected as well. In my opinion, Math is a core vital subject that should never be neglected as such. I have officially withdrawn my children. would not recommend this school.

Posted October 5, 2008

Jubilee is an excellent Christian School!! My two children have attended this school since k-5. The teachers and staff are very caring. My children are academically more advanced. JCA uses a great learning curriculum. I am also greatly appreciative of the culturally diverse atmosphere. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted April 10, 2008

Both my children have gone there since K-4 to 8th & 9th grade. Excellent education!

Posted February 29, 2008

Anything can look good with the right 'design'...In truth , what happens when the doors close are completely different. If your child is not perfect; don't think you will last; on the perfect shall apply. Sad that this is what we teach our kids about christianity.

Posted December 20, 2007

Jubilee is a wonderful school! I have especially had a good experience with middle school teachers.

Posted August 24, 2007

My son has attended JCA since he was in K-5, he will graduate from there this year. The teachers have always been helpful and they truly care about the students and the family as a whole. It has been a fantastic experience for us.

Posted August 23, 2007

JCA has been remarkable for both of my children. I just started this year and has improved in her vocabulary, knowledge, and social skills each day! My oldest continues to come home excited about what she encounters and both do not want to leave when I pick them up in the afternoon. They provide a safe enviornment which has defenitely exceeded my expectations and seem to get better in every area each year. This year is definitely the best and I hope to see more what what I have seen the past week. Thanks JCA!!

Posted August 17, 2005

Unfortunately this school thinks its excellent and I do believe it trys, but it has failed my children academically - teachers have been known to treat their students with disrespect while expecting respect back. Extracurricular activities are non existent - it seems they never 'stick' with something - they start out the year with big sounding ideas , but never follow through - there are alot of angry , unhappy teachers at this school, its very sad.

Posted December 17, 2004

From what I have seen it is the most creative school for young and teens in Pensacola, Fl.

Posted March 3, 2004

Jubilee Christian Academy is unlike any school I have ever experienced. The loving atmosphere in the school helps students want to learn and helps parents want to get involved in their child's education. From the school office to the lunchroom, to the individual classrooms, you can feel God's presence in each place. Chapels are the most awesome times for students, teachers and parents. It is a time of praise, worship and truth from God's word. Students get excited about Jesus and his plan for their lives. Teachers at JCA go out of their way to make sure students learn and understand what is being taught. Both of my children have attended Jubilee for 4 years. My son started in the k-2 program and now can read fluently. My daughter is in the high school program and is dual-enrolled at PJC, getting college credit while still in High school. JCA has been a blessing to our family. We encourage others to see the awesome things happening at Jubilee Christian Academy!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 2, 2004

JCA has proven to be a family oriented school where parent involvement is asked for and appreciated. Communication between parent and teachers is excellent. The staff are always willling to help you.

Posted October 20, 2003

Jubilee is a very spiritual school but the tuition is ridiculously high. The school needs to be more established some of the teachers need to be more patient with the students. The administrative part of the school does try to work with people that cant afford the schools tution but only to their church members. If I had to rate this school on a scale of 1to 10 and ten being the highest I would say six.

Posted August 27, 2003

JCA is an excellent school, my son is 10 and has been attending since he was 2yrs old. Academic are the best. The teachers and staff goes out of their way to teach,counsel,and pray with and for all students,because they see their jobs as ministry. The weekly chaple are energetic and fun. What a way to learn the Bible! All this and JCA is spirit-filled too. I highly recommend this school

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (850) 494-2900

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious