585 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

Posted March 06, 2014
N.B. Cook is the BEST school in Pensacola. I am so honored that my daughter goes to N.B. Cook. She wakes up HAPPY and READY to go to school everyday. Thanks N.B. Cook for caring for our Kids. The principal Mr. Brown is Great! as well as all the teachers.

Posted October 25, 2013
N.B. Cook is an awesome example of what school should be like for our children! I have two boys at this school and wouldn't want them anywhere else! The teachers are committed to our children 100% and teach with passion and dedication aimed at helping our children succeed. The added bonus of the arts are also a reason we chose Cook. My children are receiving a well rounded, top notch education. Clean school, excellent staff, positive environment for both of my boys. Would recommend this school above any other in Escambia County!

Posted October 24, 2013
My son start at nb cook this year (kindergarten) and every time he comes from school he is always singing and happy! It seems his creativity its been challenged in a positive way!! The teachers are great!! I love the enviroment and disposition of every parent at school...everybody wants to help in order to address excellence!!!

Posted June 25, 2013
This school is the STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE that all others should compare themselves to for success!!!! The drama department is TOP NOTCH and my daughter FLOURISHED in the program!

Posted June 20, 2013
I went to N.B. Cook Elementary K-12 and I thoroughly enjoyed ut. I received a top-notch education that was enriched by the school's concentration on the fine arts. I would recommend N.B. Cook to anyone.

Posted February 27, 2012
This is my child first year attending Cook, we were nervous about making the transition from Pensacola Christian to a public school... I'm so excited we made an excellent choice, although Cook is a public school its the best free private atmosphere school in the county. The drama & music classes has helped my daughter tremendously with overcoming her shyness we love Cook!

Posted January 30, 2012
My child has gone to NB Cook from kindergarten through 5th grade and I wish they had a middle school. I feel like we have gotten a private school experience for free. With just a few exceptions, it has been an amazing 6 years filled with great teachers and wonderful administrators. My child has truly loved her school and so have I as a parent.

Posted May 14, 2011
N.B. Cook is an exceptional school. The building itself is beautiful and clean. The teachers are really, I think, some of the best in the city. There is a lot of emphasis placed on personal repsonsability and being part of a community. The special areas include common ones like art and music, but at N.B. Cook, students also participate in drama and dance, complete with a wonderful dance studio! The leadership is top notch. Every year each class puts on several performances: one is grade level and the other is a play with is comprised of several grade levels. There is a drama club as well. I am super glad my child goes to Cook!

Posted May 06, 2010
It is a bright, clean, and well taken care of school with wonderful and dedicated teachers and support staff. They welcome parent participation and have an incredible emphasis on the student's education. This school supports its students while pushing them to achieve extraordinary goals, and I know that my daughter is excelling because of a combination of amazing aspects within her school environment!!

N. B. Cook Elementary School

Posted April 26, 2010
I love N B Cook Elementary because we've been to 4 other schools, none of which even tried to teach my son, who has ADHD. At N B Cook I have teachers who CARE about him and share feedback with me that I can pass on the doctor to determine when/if we need to adjust his medication, a nursing staff that knew his tummy ache was more than just nerves over the FCAT and called me, allowing me to get him to the hospital before his appendix ruptured, and a counseling staff that helped him deal with his grief in a way that I couldn't after my mother, his grandmother, died suddenly. The Drama club has awakened in him a passion for the arts that I couldn't get him to even look at sideways before. He actually reads now...for fun! It's the most amazing thing I've even seen! And his artistic talents have flourished while at N B Cook. We have one more year here before he moves on to 6th grade and I can only hope we find something half as good for him to attend for middle school!

N. B. Cook Elementary School
1310 North 12th Avenue, Pensacola, FL  32503
Last modified N. B. Cook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.