927 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We relocated to the Pensacola area this summer, and specifically chose to live in the Blue Angel school district because of word of mouth. I have yet to be disappointed! It's almost as if they contacted my daughter's previous school to find out everything possible about her so that she would be placed in the perfect class suited to her needs. Her teacher has also been wonderful in allowing her to move into more independent studies so that she does not get bored with anything she has already mastered that the class may still be working on. Everyone in the office, including the principal Mrs. Montgomery couldn't be nicer. She hugged my daughter and myself during orientation, and I've never felt so welcome. I could go on and on about how wonderful this school is, and I sincerely am looking forward to more years of education for my daughter there.

Both of my daughters attended BAE and both loved it! Combined they had 10 teachers (not including special areas) over the years and only 1 of those 10 was even a little bit difficult. The school is a safe environment and I felt completely comfortable leaving my children in the hands of these excellent educators every day! The teachers were very proactive in identifying "over achievers" and placing them in classes accordingly so that the kids are never bored.

This was my grandsons first year In Kindergarten and he had Mrs. Green. She is absolutely fabulous and has helped to prepare him for first grade. Blue Angel has a caring staff of teachers and I feel a better choice couldn't have been made. I highly recommend this school for your children.

The school is nice and the office administration is great. My daughter's teachers on the other hand, not so much. I have tried several times to contact 2 of her teachers. This includes notes and email. I have never gotten a response from either. The level of communication is very poor. Mr Carlson and Mrs Mason seem nice but they have no interest in working with the parents. My daughter makes honor roll and we were asking for some extra work to help her get through some things she was struggling with and they could not take the time to respond at all.

My daughter is in Mrs. Tonya Allen's class and she is absolutely WONDERFUL! My daughter has attended Pleasant Grove, Warrington, and Global Learning elementary schools and this school is BY FAR the best one here. She doesn't want to go to another school. I volunteer every Friday and her curriculum and classroom environment are AWESOME! Her principal and guidance counselor are always doing something to promote a positive learning environment. They have strong, important core values and a no bullying concept. They had a reading rally to promote AR, a really great bullying seminar for all kids AND their parents. PBS kids for Citizenship, K kids for gifted, and art and music are classes at this school. I can't say enough about how amazing this school is, what an honor it is to volunteer there and an even better that my child loves to learn here. WAY TO GO MRS. MONTGOMERY AND MR. SOUTHWORTH! And a special kudos to Mrs. T. Allen AND her daughter Reese Allen. PHENOMENAL TEACHERS AND STAFF! Thank you for all that you do for our children!

My son has been attending Blue Angels elementary since kindergarten. The school and staff are amazing! Education is outstanding! As a military family many people always say Hellen Caro is better, but to me and many other parents BAE is way better!!

Last year was my last year at Blue Angels Elementary...I was so sad about leaving!! Now I'm at Jim Bailey Middle. Lets just say I miss Blue Angels ALOT!!! There is plenty of play space :) they have tracks to run on, and I could actually stand their cafeteria food!! They have amazing teachers and I miss every one of them!! After F-Cat last year you could talk to people, and play for at least an hour or two after the F-Cat...This is a really safe school. You can't open a door without a teacher ID card, so if someone were to come, they would have no way to get in the school. They practice the drills for emergencies quite often. If your not in the classroom at 7:45 your late. 5th grade switches within 3 different classes; Science, Math, and Reading. And I do remember they had teams for 5th grade gold, red and NAVY. If I had a chance to visit I promise I would.

My daughter is in 1st grade at BAE and also attended for Kindergarten. I absolutely love the school as well as the teachers and the administration. I read one review that stated all K classes were in portables...that is not true. I believe there are 3 K classes in portables and my daughter was in a regular classroom last year. the school was a bit overcrowded last year but it is not as overcrowded this year (2013-2014). I believe that is because they had to stop allowing children in with the school choice program but I am not 100% on that. That just shows how great the school is because everyone wanted to get their kids in! We got in with school choice before my daughter started K and I am so happy we did. The school is top notch and we will be sad to leave next year. We are a military family and will be leaving in the middle of next school year. My daughter loves the school and her teachers.

Blue Angel Elementary is an absolutely fantastic school. I am a former teacher and I am very picky. We just completed our fourth year at Blue Angel and are sad to be moving. Absolutely top-notch teachers. Amazing gifted program. We love this school and it has been a wonderful place for my children to learn and grow.

Negative: physical aspects of the school - the school is overcrowded so all the Kindergarten classes are in trailers; there is not enough playground space, it's almost non-existant - if you drive by the school during lunch time you'll see loads of children playing in the bus ramp and grass in front of the school since there isn't enough space to play/excercise.; They scare parents with their report card system that starts out saying that if your child isn't making progress they will be held back, and they start kids out as failing right off the bat in grade K,expecting that on day 1 of grade K your child should have memorized their list of sight words (all 150 of them) when in fact most kids starting K can't read, just say numbers and recognize letters, and maybe a few words. Positives: teachers and leadership seem to be trying to improve the schools grades/test scores; the amount of schoolwork is the most I've encountered over three children in schools in 3 different states - K grade kids and 1st graders had homework every day that would take about 30-45 minutes to complete. This however makes for a lot of parental work with helping the child, but the end result is a better stude

Last modified Blue Angels Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.