PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My curious 18-month old often asked daycare providers, "Whass that?" and with so much activity buzzing around the room his questions often went unanswered (I visited the daycare as much as possible during my work breaks). What I wanted was an environment that engaged my child and not just supervised him. Within the first few days of attending MSP my child blossomed in every way imaginable - speech, confidence, greater learning satisfaction. I am a firm believer in Montessori education and cannot say enough good things about this school or staff. We are going on 3 years now and look forward to the day our youngest becomes enrolled.

I normally do not like to rate schools or their teachers except in cases of extreme favor or dislike. I have to say this school has saved my son in many ways. He is a different person because of the dedication and patience of the teachers and staff at Montessori. Opening doors for ladies, respecting every person, and even washing dishes is commonplace now. Not to mention he is a never ending wealth of knowledge. This is at 4 years

Montessori school of pensacola is a great school. They have wonderful kind and dedicated teachers. They teach the children lessons about life that are invaluable and the academic standards are very high. They take the time to talk to you about your concerns as a parent and they answer all your questions. They make time for each child and I did not agree with the other persons review that the teachers are not educated or trained. These teachers work so hard to take care of our children and have all been educated to deal with them in a wonderful loving fashion. Not many schools can claim to have the same three women running a school and still dedicated after many years of service. This school has time and again come through for me with my two children and I am not easily pleased. It is so worth the money and they are wonderful people and teachers. If you can go over and see the school it will be well worth it.

My son, now in Kg, has attended MSP since 18m. I enjoy the teachers and feel as if they are extended family. I really enjoy the Montessori approach to education. The school host several parent overviews throughout the year to advise you on what it all means. MSP cares about the whole being of the child as well as encouraging independence. The struture, (though not seen to a quick look in)is there and I feel my son has grown leaps and bounds.

My children have been at MSP for 5 years now. While my kids are VERY different, the school does a great job teaching to their individual needs. That was my biggest concern, as my oldest is very advanced, and youngest is delayed. Just like all schools, every teacher is different. Some better than others, but I respect the personal attention that my kids get. Fundraisers are a part of all schools anymore, but MSP makes no secret of where the money goes. I know without hesitation the money is not being wasted, or lining anyones pockets. MSP is the closest thing to a community feel that you can get from a private school. It really is the most amazing school I have seen. This includes tours of many local private & public schools, as well as out of state ones. It is expensive, but cheaper than CLA. However, I never worry about guns, drugs, sex, etc that other kids are obsessed with. The only drawbacks are the dress code :( and the low parent involvement (i'm guilty too). But, they do have an ethnically & financially diverse group of teachers, & parents :)

I went to Montessori my entire life and I loved it, my teachers CARED greatly for me and I could ask for help. We were treated as Individuals and taught many great values and I learned so much more than just basic education I learned respect, interdependence, independence and much more. I love that school and miss it so much as a freshman in a public highschool but I learned to respect others and to treat others as I wanted to be treated it helped me so much. I reccomend it to people who want their kids to grow up as respectable intelligent and polite adults.

I have to disagree strongly with the first review, as the school does not make a lot of money. They are focused on paying their teachers better and do a lot of fund raising to complete such things as a new media center. It is a fabulous non-religious school in Pensacola and all of the teachers care greatly about the children!

MSP is not concerned with only making money....they have financial aide available for families who qualify that the school uses it's own personal funding for..... and all the teachers that i am aware of have montessori certification as well as AA or BA in early childhood teaching degree. my daughter has been going there for years.

My children attended school here for over two school years. I would not recommend this school to anyone. They are very concerned with making money. Most of their 'teachers' are not certified teachers, they have various other degrees and a Montessori certification. It was not a good experience.

Last modified Montessori School Of Pensacola is a Private school that serves grades PK-8