PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As both a parent and a staff member at Trinitas, I can attest to the genuine desire of both the families, employees and leadership of the school to create a truly Christ-centered learning environment for students. While Trinitas is not a perfect community, it certainly is making a wonderful impact in the lives of many students and families in the Pensacola area.
November 16, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have read many of these posts and I am very displeased with the attempts to slander the character of men, women, boys and girls. I am not naive enough to believe that the staff, faculty, and student body are perfect but to suggest, as some of these post have, that staff and faculty are not Christian is nothing short of a lie. Sure, at times, staff and faculty make mistakes with how they handle situations, but that is common among all times and places. As adults, we know that our co-workers (and ourselves) make mistakes; sometimes those mistakes are egregious. But I can assure you that the staff and faculty of Trinitas Christian School truly desire the best for our children. They are Godly men and women who seek to teach their students in more than just "letters & numbers". Some will say that I have been "brainwashed" or that I am a "cheerleader", well, that is their prerogative. But if you desire to see your children steeped in a deeply rooted Christian community which places a high value on the authority of Scripture and the community of Christians, then this is indeed the place for you--without question.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

No. Many kids are very demeaning and unapproachable. I was sick and tired of this and that is why I left. They think they are high and mighty and cool, but when they get out into the world they no one will put up with their attitude. They've been walled in their whole life and don't realize that most people in the world won't like the way they treat others.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Sending your kids here to try to effect them in a positive way will have the very opposite effect. IT will push them further away from christianity. The leaders have everything regemented, no one has a personal relationship with God.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school boasts about teaching kids compassion but in reality most of them are snobby and arrogant. Sure, they respect who they must out of fear. No one feels easy there. No one believes in themselves at this school.

Trinitas is okay if you are able to put up with mean people. I never was able to feel close to any other students, and the few students who were nice to me, i was not allowed to sit with because they happened to be girls and I was not. MY time there was the loneliest time of my life. The teachers dominated everything. No one ever listened to the students. They are not training the kids to be able to deal with the world once they graduate. The kids are trained to be judgemental of anyone who isn't like them. They paint a negative picture of christianity. They supress their student's feelings and ideas, and 80% of the kids are miserable. Most people who went there say they didn't like it. They have a very bad agenda. The kids are brain-washed and thise needs to stop. now.

A a military family, our children have attended a variety of schools. Until Trinitas, we have never found a school that strived so hard to meet all of our children's needs and love them just as they are. They have been accepted, welcomed and encouraged in their individual gifting. Unsure of what our first weeks at a new school would hold, we immediately saw them grow in confidence and in knowledge. While no school is perfect, we have seen an amazing environment of grace towards us and our children. Communication with teachers and staff has been welcomed and encouraged. The curriculum has been a needed challenge that I think will greatly prepare them for the future. We have children in all 3 levels of the school and have had nothing but pleasant interactions with all of the teachers. We have found Trinitas to be a school that encourages true wisdom and thinking while maintaining an environment that well balances discipline and grace.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted November 16, 2016

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It varies widely. Mrs. Stout is a very good math teacher. Other teachers are kind of a disaster.

Develops character: Strongly agree

No. This school simply breeds shallow and destructive elitism. Sadly, too many seem to like that.

The books I read at Trinitas taught me truths that changed me--that made me the person I am today, and hopefully a decent one. At the same time, I am still trying to heal from the many wounds and damages I experienced at the hands of Mr. Trotter and the culture at large. Problems accepting self-esteem, problems with being okay with the person I am (even if "PEOPLE" might THINK LESS of me for it). Who are these people? The parents of other students? I don't know who else cares so much about appearances, but maybe I'm wrong. Students are taught to constantly think about what other people think--to the point where thinking of it any other way seems impossible. Problems trusting myself or my judgement--after being yelled at for years not to trust my feelings, intuition, or even logic (the same logic I was taught), leaving the structure of Trinitas was hard. Trinitas also constantly told us our feelings were invalid--so emotion, or even the capability for it, became very difficult in a culture where they were completely invalidated. The stress of the school also affected me deeply--there were weeks I couldn't eat for stress, and couldn't sleep for worry. That sounds melodramatic, but it's true. It wasn't just me, it was the environment. There is not enough accountability within staff--as far as favoritism goes. Also, because the culture is structured around an authority system that necessarily must be perfect, never expect an apology. For anything. And, if for some reason a teacher of staff member changes their minds, it's always a matter of "mercy"--they were never wrong the first time. They're just "showing grace" to you. Which is cool in theory, but when you think about it...if teachers are that afraid to admit being imperfect, what does it say about the culture? Everyone has a different experience with the school. Unfortunately, most alumni (especially of the past few years) would largely agree that their time at Trinities was negative. It's sad, and a lot of their logic or arguments are faulty, but it would be nice for the school to recognize this and perhaps listen to the kids it lauds so highly senior year. Maybe with Mr. Gilley as headmaster things will be different.

Last modified Trinitas Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12