PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As both a parent and a staff member at Trinitas, I can attest to the genuine desire of both the families, employees and leadership of the school to create a truly Christ-centered learning environment for students. While Trinitas is not a perfect community, it certainly is making a wonderful impact in the lives of many students and families in the Pensacola area.
November 16, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

A a military family, our children have attended a variety of schools. Until Trinitas, we have never found a school that strived so hard to meet all of our children's needs and love them just as they are. They have been accepted, welcomed and encouraged in their individual gifting. Unsure of what our first weeks at a new school would hold, we immediately saw them grow in confidence and in knowledge. While no school is perfect, we have seen an amazing environment of grace towards us and our children. Communication with teachers and staff has been welcomed and encouraged. The curriculum has been a needed challenge that I think will greatly prepare them for the future. We have children in all 3 levels of the school and have had nothing but pleasant interactions with all of the teachers. We have found Trinitas to be a school that encourages true wisdom and thinking while maintaining an environment that well balances discipline and grace.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted November 16, 2016

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It varies widely. Mrs. Stout is a very good math teacher. Other teachers are kind of a disaster.

Develops character: Strongly agree

No. This school simply breeds shallow and destructive elitism. Sadly, too many seem to like that.

The books I read at Trinitas taught me truths that changed me--that made me the person I am today, and hopefully a decent one. At the same time, I am still trying to heal from the many wounds and damages I experienced at the hands of Mr. Trotter and the culture at large. Problems accepting self-esteem, problems with being okay with the person I am (even if "PEOPLE" might THINK LESS of me for it). Who are these people? The parents of other students? I don't know who else cares so much about appearances, but maybe I'm wrong. Students are taught to constantly think about what other people think--to the point where thinking of it any other way seems impossible. Problems trusting myself or my judgement--after being yelled at for years not to trust my feelings, intuition, or even logic (the same logic I was taught), leaving the structure of Trinitas was hard. Trinitas also constantly told us our feelings were invalid--so emotion, or even the capability for it, became very difficult in a culture where they were completely invalidated. The stress of the school also affected me deeply--there were weeks I couldn't eat for stress, and couldn't sleep for worry. That sounds melodramatic, but it's true. It wasn't just me, it was the environment. There is not enough accountability within staff--as far as favoritism goes. Also, because the culture is structured around an authority system that necessarily must be perfect, never expect an apology. For anything. And, if for some reason a teacher of staff member changes their minds, it's always a matter of "mercy"--they were never wrong the first time. They're just "showing grace" to you. Which is cool in theory, but when you think about it...if teachers are that afraid to admit being imperfect, what does it say about the culture? Everyone has a different experience with the school. Unfortunately, most alumni (especially of the past few years) would largely agree that their time at Trinities was negative. It's sad, and a lot of their logic or arguments are faulty, but it would be nice for the school to recognize this and perhaps listen to the kids it lauds so highly senior year. Maybe with Mr. Gilley as headmaster things will be different.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Trinitas breeds a culture of snitches. There is not a culture of trust, let alone one of vulnerability. Trinitas is a place for people who want to seem perfect--there's no room for emotions, or sins, or even concepts like repentance of suffering. For a school that tries to be the perfect community, it's sad that there's no room for the bigger issues that a lot of students experience--especially grief. And for empathy? Nothing. Not at all. Trinitas is a place where all that matters is appearances. They care about the heart as far as the heart cares enough about conforming. Empathy really doesn't matter that much--why would it? Feelings are dangerous, so feeling for other people? That's simply absurd.

Amount of homework: Agree

Amount of homework is not an issue. This school sort of prides itself on not assigning too much homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is such a pervasive and cruel clique-ishness at this school that it's hard to see anything else. Of course, the leadership is oblivious to this reality because the problem is their own--it starts with them (particularly from the top). So sad. They have insulated themselves from reality and any meaningful criticism by creating a climate of cheerleaders trying to climb their social ladder.

People are sinners. Are all the individuals that teach, administer and attend Trinitas perfect...absolutely not! However, it is an environment where excellence to the glory of God is pursued each and every day....in spite of our failures. Does that pursuit sometimes step on our toes...absolutely! My child's teacher pushes my young one to pay specific attention to every detail of handwriting, while this may seem picky or "over the top", my young scholar is being taught to do EVERYTHING (handwriting included) to the very best of their ability to honor our Holy God. Details matter to God. Is it easy for your children to attend Trinitas...NO! Educating children is ultimately the responsiblity of the parents and parents at Trinintas are called to engage...really engage! Even as parents, our sin is revealed through this process and we will either repent and seek forgiveness or become offended. I would challenge anyone to find a school of teachers and administrators that take the responsiblity of educating students in the love and admonition of the Lord more seriously than those that you will find at Trinitas. It is a community of like minded families pursuing the lofty task of recovering the Christian mind! May the Lord continue to bless this school!

My children have attended Trinitas for four years. The education is excellent!! There is a real dynamic of 'We were here first and therefore matter more' that is very hard to penetrate and stomach. Snobbery and clickishness in the student body is real. Whatever student wrote the review assuming the students complaining are 'jealous' appears to be a part of that dynamic I am referring to. I don't send my children to Trintas because it is perfect. I send them there because it is the best education around. It is a wonderful place to learn. You can be very involved with your childs education and really have to be...it is very academically challenging. My advice would be to just be assertive in pointing out any negative behaviors or snobbery, if in fact you encounter any. I have found the Principal and assistant Principal to be VERY helpful and concerned when I have had any concerns or grievances to discuss with them. I would submit that the snobbery involved here, as with any other school, begins in the home and is not entirely a result of attending the school, nor the responsibility of the school to deal with. The school can only do so much. May God lead you to HIS very best!!

Last modified Trinitas Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12