Pensacola, FL
After care: No

Posted July 23, 2014
Two students returned to our school after a stay at Camelot. One graduated this spring -- a superb student, totally focused. Another, graduating next year, has proved to be a wonderful asset to our school. Another started here as a freshman and won student of the month!

Posted May 23, 2014
My Granddaughter has become a new person at school thanks to the staff at Camelot. When she first got there she was terrible and I was getting phone calls 3 times a week about her behavior and trying to fight. But thanks to the staff, Mr. Wooten to be specific, for not giving up on her and being a constant force in her life she has now become a tiger shark. Now I get phone calls about how good she is doing and how proud they are of her. When she missed a day of school, Mr. Wooten called personally to find out why. The staff at Camelot really goes the extra mile and does things that are above and beyond what they're supposed to do. I read some of the old comments on here and I was convicted to share because some of the negative remarks do not reflect the dedication and love the staff give these students. Camelot is a great school and I am thankful for the staff there. May God bless Camelot and the staff who work there.

Posted October 17, 2013
This may be the best thing Escambia County ever did. I was very scarred when my daughter had to go to Camelot, but I couldn't afford private schools. I visited and talked to the staff and decided to try it. It has been the best thing for my daughter. Her grades are better, her attitude is completly changed. She wants to be a role model and cares about herself. Shes learned to get along with other girls and not fight. This program is different from the other schools, but it really works!! GOD BLESS CAMELOT!

Camelot Academy of Escambia County School District 1

Posted August 21, 2013
This is school calls it's self a hands on school, I am an educator and have been for 15tn years, I would not allow anyone I know to atten this school. They put on a show whenever someone comes on campus. They do and will harm these kids. They need to be shut down. I have sent a letter to the FL DOE, and Escambia School District. Most teachers are there because nobody else wants them. Some are not even certified. They have a middle school teacher who is prek-3 only teaching Reading. A teacher certified in Tech teaching reading a noncertified Science teacher. Think about it.

Posted July 13, 2013
Dear People Reading This, Education is everything to me--now. Before I was caught up in a world I thought I'd never get out of. When the Escambia County School District expelled me out of Ransom, and put me under change of placement I was frightened!!! There was when I realized I made the wrong choices and was going to have to work to acheive my regular schooling back. My mom was horrified two times more than me. I was at this point feeling like my life was reuined, and I would never see the end of this!!! About a week later we attended Orientation.This was when I saw the truth , not only as they said it, but a the staff lived up to it!! After a month or soo I was a Tiger Shark Working to suport my peers,and me. My parents said this was all steps I was going to have to take to get everything right. The truth is now I realize an education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't, and what I know is Cameot Acedemy helped me a student ,and my parents to not beleive anything is impossible.

Posted May 25, 2013
Camelot is truly a wonderful school. It is really scary when your child has to go there, especially when the child has a disability. I had heard bad things about it, but the ESE lady Miss Kemp told me to go and see the school befor eI made up my mind and I did. It has been the greatest thing the school district ever did for my son. He had trouble with his attitude and getting referals since middle school. Camelot really turned around his behavior and attitude and helped his grades improve. He got much more help with his reading than in the regular school. Mr. Stem, Mr. Max and Mr. Lewis and Mrs. Hall are great. It is very strict, but that makes it safe and keeps them under control . I wish the regular schools in the county could be like Camelot.

Posted May 24, 2013
Camelot has made a huge difference in my sons life. He is more motivated to be a leader and display leadership skills not just in school but also in his daily life. He has matured and appreciates the teachings and advice the school has given and showed him. Mr. Hampton, Mr. Lindsey, Mr. Morris, and a couple of others were very active and supportive in and to my sons life. Their genuine passion for life for children for teaching showed in every encounter ive had and my son has had with them. I appreciate their work. I know its not easy. But these guys put aside everything outside of work and brought their A game to work and blessed my son with their talents and their love for their jobs. I'm more then appreciative of what they have done for my son I'm eternally grateful.

Camelot Academy of Escambia County School District 4

Posted April 24, 2013
My review of Camelot Academy is that it is a good school that is assigned a difficult task. I also believe that once students are put in this school, a stigma is placed on them. When they are tran- sitioned back to a regular school and the smallest infraction by them, they're immediately placed back in Camelot. They are guilty for the rest of school life. There are no degrees of what the student offense is, they are packed off to the school for 'bad kids'. Some children get chance after chance to participate in the "In Leiu Of Program", in their primary school, but others don't. For this they must ride a bus 100 miles round trip daily. If a parent don't have transportation and the student get ill or an accident occur, you are between a rock and a hard place. For a school like this, my opinion is that it should be situated mid county, and Molino, Fl would be a better location. There are no clubs in school for the students to have any kind of outlet, such as drama club, glee club or anything,the enrollment count will prevent them from any sport teams. I am sure a number of them can sing, dance and act or maybe even write poetry. You'ill never know unless you ask them.

Camelot Academy of Escambia County School District 4

Posted April 22, 2013
I like Camelot personally. My daughter has been going there 2 years, if there is something going on I know about it right then, I even get a call if she's starting her day off wrong. I have personal numbers if at anytime I'm at work & just want to know how she's doing. They have positive things for the kids to work towards like becoming a Tiger Shark, Girl Circle and Townhouse. So Camelot is not as bad as people make them out to be there are some wonderful people working there to help the kids literally public school feel are lost causes......Thanks Camelot

Posted February 07, 2013
Camelot is great this year. My daughter started going there last year and it wasn't as good. The new principal and new staff people are doing real well now. It has helped my child alot with her attutude and getting along with other girls. Her grades are better to, and she gets more help and attention than at her old school.

Camelot Academy of Escambia County School District
401 Brigadier St, Pensacola, FL  32507
Last modified Camelot Academy of Escambia County School District is a Public school that serves grades 6-12
Camelot Academy of Escambia County School District Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top