No rating

Pensacola Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Pensacola

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $104,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Sweep tile

Posted April 3, 2014

PCA is the greatest Christian school in the world. The education is amazing as everyone knows. There's a reason why PCA graduates generally excel in life. The greatest thing however is how much the teachers care for you. They will bend over backwards to talk to a student if they come to them for help. They pray for their students unceasingly and love them. PCA changed my life for the best. As someone that wants to serve God with all my heart, the standards at PCA are awesome. It's all about perspective. The standards are there to protect, not restrict. Children and teenagers need to be taught discipline while they are young, or they will never learn it as adults. PCA provides the loving discipline and learning atmosphere that kids need to grow and become the men and women God want them to be. That's what education is all about.

Posted August 25, 2013

I have been going to PCA for a year,and the school is ok.The school is very safe,and clean. One problem with the school is that they are too strict.It takes me hours to complete my homework.One time I missed a day,and I wasn't sick(though I did have reason to not be there)They gave me 0's for the whole day.My brother wasn't there that day either they gave him 0's and detention for two days!My parents were very angry about that.I plan on not going here next year.

Posted August 14, 2013

I absolutely love my school. Yes, it is strict compared to most schools, but you're going to have rules all of your life that you may not agree with so you may as well get used to it. The academics are phenomenal here as well. The teachers go beyond reading from a book and actually teach and make the classes interesting. I would most definitely never change schools. God has really blessed PCA, and I'm proud to be a student here.

Posted October 15, 2012

this school is terrible i got detention for late slips but my books got knocked down! and u have to pay for everything!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 9, 2012

My kids love this school and they love their teachers. Very friendly, caring, safe environment. The curriculum is so much more advanced than public school. It is strict, but that's fine with me. PCA is very clear on their policies and beliefs. If you don't like it, good luck in Pensacola's public school system because it's terrible.

Posted September 13, 2012

If it was possible i wouldnt even give them a star! they are rediculous they would call me for every tiny problem they had it was rediculous. They kept making statements like we have to "train" your child to do what we want.. and the whole time I'm thinking.!!!??? TRAIN! he is a CHILD not a dog! I pulled him out after 2 months of being there!

Posted July 29, 2012

Hi,I am an interested student and would like to know how this school is.Are the teachers nice?What clothes do you have to wear?Like for high school,can the girls have designs on their shirts or can't they?And two more things:1:Do they supply you with everything as far as textbooks and gym clothes or is there something you have to buy?2:Is it hard to get accepted iinto this school?Thanks

Posted April 3, 2012

I see reviews saying that PCA will teach good values but the thing is when I was there the high school student body was rather "wordly" as some would say. This to me plays an important part in a school. Just because the teachers teach such things on which is doesn't seem they do, but the student body influences others as well. The student body will influence your children, I find few to stick with that will encourage me.

Posted March 13, 2012

This school is amazing I've only been here for six months I used to be homeschooled by pca but my family moved so I can have the full experience of pca and I have loved it so far though it is strict.

Posted February 15, 2012

My daughter loves this school we have tried everything from public schools to home school but nothing beats this, great food great teachers many clubs,and activities to get involved with.This is the school to go to.Anyone trying to find a good education for your child I would take them here.

Posted October 19, 2011

The facility is lovely. The closed minds are not . I wish the teachers were taught to teach rather than follow a TE which teaches to the middle. My child was told to stop answering so many questions because the other students had not learned what he had. That really killed his spirit. I have been disappointed since he came home with this news. Being new to the area, we didn't know where to turn for a middle school. We are desperately seeking a better choice.

Posted October 14, 2011

This is the first year I have homeschooled my daughter who is in 6th grade. We are using the DVD's because we live out-of-state. She went to a Christian school which prided itself on the 'advanced curriculum', and she got straight A's. However, it was a surprise to see how behind she is in a few areas compared to the class on the DVD's! We are working on catching up and we are really appreciating the solid Christian values being taught here and the excellent program. She would not want to attend the school, due to it's policy on dress (she and I are not dress wearers), so God directed us to the DVD's:) After all, God does not look at the outward appearance. Thank you Jesus!

Posted March 23, 2011

This is, in my opinion, the best school in Pensacola. After dealing with the public schools where my high schooler attends I decided to send my 2 younger children to PCA. Best decision! Teachers are very caring and there is lots of communication with parents. It is strict, but kids need that these days and I have no complaints. I love this school and so do my kids. We are blessed to be able to send them there.

Posted March 18, 2011

This is the best school that any of my children have attended and we have been in many places. My daughters have been there from K4 on up. I cannot be more pleased. I don't know what people mean about no parental involvement, there is plenty. PTMs, telephone communications, assemblies, homework, and more. School is the child's "work place" and teachers are doing all they can to make it a great one, why would parents want to be there? Complaints about strictness is strange, that is why it is a good school, students know what is expected, they know the responsibility is theirs, yeah! Imagine, teachers want the children to get to school early so they can give them extra help! Our lives are filled with rules so our children are learning rules, nothing wrong with that. Love this school! Can't make a better choice.

Posted March 5, 2011

Overall, the curriculum is solid. The facility is clean, safe and modern. Also, the price is great. My primary issues are lack of parental involvement and the enforcement of ridiculous rules. First, I have to comment on the mother who home schools (March 1, 2011): Your comments regarding parental involvement are not applicable to you. Our children attended another Christian school where parental involvement was strongly encouraged. That didn't mean parents "had" to volunteer; it was an option. Parents felt welcome, involved, and the children loved it! Also, PCA doesn't keep parents informed, but rather places the entire burden on children, which causes unnecessary stress and errors. When my child forgets a book or an assignment, we can't go back into the school. If a mistake is made, then the child gets a green slip or goes to detention. Relaxing silly rules would help; electronic technology could help. For example, teachers could use web-based technology to post homework assignments, upcoming projects, and communicate with parents. PCA s fundamental thinking has its benefits, but it definitely impedes progress and improvements, which is why the school is good, but not great.

Posted March 2, 2011

My child has ADHD and the structure is comforting. To feel that you can have your child go to school and know that he/she will return home safely is a blessing.

Posted March 1, 2011

I have read through all the reviews. The one common thread of complaint is the lack of parent involvement. Really? I don't understand paying tuition for your children and then wanting to have to donate your time as well. I would think you'd be grateful to get what you paid for. We use the Abeka DVD program in our homeschool. Because I oversee my child, I have more than enough parent involvement. I am mostly very satisfied with the curriculum and the teachers; however, I do think the math curriculum is weak for the college-bound math & science majors. It is unfortunate that PCA does not offer AP classes for their talented students. PCA also should include the use of various types of technologies at the high school level. These would include the Microsoft Office suite of applications, online reseach tools, and graphing calculators. Although I am from the hand-written note card generation of writing papers, NoodleTools is a much more efficient way to accomplish that task. I thank God everyday that I am able to homeschool my child with this outstanding curriculum.

Posted December 20, 2010

I'm a student there and I would not want to be anywhere else. It is a great, safe environment where to learn. The teachers are great and are there because they want to teach not just get paid. They teach you great Christian values that prepare you for life. You have the opportunity to meet good Christian friends. It is a great school for anyone. For anyone not wanting to come here because they are worried about not having fun, you are so wrong, I have had more fun there than anywhere else (okay maybe Six Flags or Cedar Point beat it out, but that's understandable). I have been there since K-4 and am now a junior in high school and fully intend on finishing my education there as well as attend PCC. God is greatly using this establishment.

Posted September 10, 2010

My daughter is in the 1st grade, also attended K-5. I'm really impressed about Pensacola Christian Academy. The children learn so much more than public school. The teachers are friendly and caring, and also gives me a call on how she's progressing. I give them 5 stars

Posted August 10, 2010

pca was great :) most of the teachers were great at teaching i was really smart i thought that it was sort of sctrict when i got there because you had to wear skirts and even 6th graders had to walk in lines but u didnt know what i had until i went to bbms they have great curriculum it is advanced we were learning things in 4 grade that i was learning in 6th grade i honestly recommend this school if you want your child to learn respect.

10 Brent Ln