No rating

Pensacola Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Pensacola

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $104,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted June 20, 2014

Our son attended PCA from K5-4th grade. We had intentions of him continuing his education at PCA, but are moving this summer. PCA is a wonderful school and the teachers are very hands on and get to know their students. I loved that I was able to contact any of his teachers at any time if I had a question. The teachers and staff seem like they thoroughly enjoy their jobs and make everyone feel welcome. Throughout the years, I often received a phone call from a teacher not because my son misbehaved, but because they had a funny story to share of something he did or said that day. For a private school, it is very reasonably priced and considering how poor the public school system is in Escambia county, I highly recommend PCA to any student. They do enforce rules and order, but it only appears to be strict because there is a lack of discipline in most homes and schools today.

Posted May 27, 2014

PCA has been overwhelmingly high speed for my 6 year old daughter who has attended PCA for the past three years. I am blown away how much influence the teachers have both in the classroom and at home, communication flows both ways. My daughter will be going into the second grade fall 2014, she has been learning from the Becka books! All her education revolves around the Lord. So this for our family is the best foundation. The only intimidation I have is that I am tapped out with math, homework is important, and I'm not so sure how much good I will be. My daughter loves her teachers and classmates, she is free as a little bird to be herself. Pensacola Christian Academy is our top pick - as long as we can afford to send her we are also saving for her college through Pensacola Christian College. They have a very high standard for education. Very organized loving academy.

Posted May 22, 2014

2nd grade not happy..My child went to this school for 1st and 2nd, His 1st year I could tell that he was tired after school as he would fall asleep in the car before we got home..That was fine because as time went on I could see how they helped in molding and assisting with normal behaviors like obedience and meal manners. The 1st grade teacher was awesome and very helpful. However, the 2nd grade teacher acted like a robot and showed no interest in helping me or my child with some of the trouble areas we began to have in math. She would just smile blink. Also the strictness was starting to irritate me because with my child struggling in core subjects I like to go and sit in the class to have a more hands on approach with him...but not a PCA...thats almost like a joke question to them. So, besides helping him at home as much as I could, I felt like it was a useless waste of my money so he finished that grade and started all over in 2nd grade at a public school making A B honor roll. Even though I left, I wish it would have been different, even though he failed I feel if the teacher was more supportive I prob would have stayed because I like the christian background.

Posted April 3, 2014

PCA is the greatest Christian school in the world. The education is amazing as everyone knows. There's a reason why PCA graduates generally excel in life. The greatest thing however is how much the teachers care for you. They will bend over backwards to talk to a student if they come to them for help. They pray for their students unceasingly and love them. PCA changed my life for the best. As someone that wants to serve God with all my heart, the standards at PCA are awesome. It's all about perspective. The standards are there to protect, not restrict. Children and teenagers need to be taught discipline while they are young, or they will never learn it as adults. PCA provides the loving discipline and learning atmosphere that kids need to grow and become the men and women God want them to be. That's what education is all about.

Posted August 25, 2013

I have been going to PCA for a year,and the school is ok.The school is very safe,and clean. One problem with the school is that they are too strict.It takes me hours to complete my homework.One time I missed a day,and I wasn't sick(though I did have reason to not be there)They gave me 0's for the whole day.My brother wasn't there that day either they gave him 0's and detention for two days!My parents were very angry about that.I plan on not going here next year.

Posted August 14, 2013

I absolutely love my school. Yes, it is strict compared to most schools, but you're going to have rules all of your life that you may not agree with so you may as well get used to it. The academics are phenomenal here as well. The teachers go beyond reading from a book and actually teach and make the classes interesting. I would most definitely never change schools. God has really blessed PCA, and I'm proud to be a student here.

Posted October 15, 2012

this school is terrible i got detention for late slips but my books got knocked down! and u have to pay for everything!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 9, 2012

My kids love this school and they love their teachers. Very friendly, caring, safe environment. The curriculum is so much more advanced than public school. It is strict, but that's fine with me. PCA is very clear on their policies and beliefs. If you don't like it, good luck in Pensacola's public school system because it's terrible.

Posted September 13, 2012

If it was possible i wouldnt even give them a star! they are rediculous they would call me for every tiny problem they had it was rediculous. They kept making statements like we have to "train" your child to do what we want.. and the whole time I'm thinking.!!!??? TRAIN! he is a CHILD not a dog! I pulled him out after 2 months of being there!

Posted July 29, 2012

Hi,I am an interested student and would like to know how this school is.Are the teachers nice?What clothes do you have to wear?Like for high school,can the girls have designs on their shirts or can't they?And two more things:1:Do they supply you with everything as far as textbooks and gym clothes or is there something you have to buy?2:Is it hard to get accepted iinto this school?Thanks

Posted April 3, 2012

I see reviews saying that PCA will teach good values but the thing is when I was there the high school student body was rather "wordly" as some would say. This to me plays an important part in a school. Just because the teachers teach such things on which is doesn't seem they do, but the student body influences others as well. The student body will influence your children, I find few to stick with that will encourage me.

Posted March 13, 2012

This school is amazing I've only been here for six months I used to be homeschooled by pca but my family moved so I can have the full experience of pca and I have loved it so far though it is strict.

Posted February 15, 2012

My daughter loves this school we have tried everything from public schools to home school but nothing beats this, great food great teachers many clubs,and activities to get involved with.This is the school to go to.Anyone trying to find a good education for your child I would take them here.

Posted October 19, 2011

The facility is lovely. The closed minds are not . I wish the teachers were taught to teach rather than follow a TE which teaches to the middle. My child was told to stop answering so many questions because the other students had not learned what he had. That really killed his spirit. I have been disappointed since he came home with this news. Being new to the area, we didn't know where to turn for a middle school. We are desperately seeking a better choice.

Posted October 14, 2011

This is the first year I have homeschooled my daughter who is in 6th grade. We are using the DVD's because we live out-of-state. She went to a Christian school which prided itself on the 'advanced curriculum', and she got straight A's. However, it was a surprise to see how behind she is in a few areas compared to the class on the DVD's! We are working on catching up and we are really appreciating the solid Christian values being taught here and the excellent program. She would not want to attend the school, due to it's policy on dress (she and I are not dress wearers), so God directed us to the DVD's:) After all, God does not look at the outward appearance. Thank you Jesus!

Posted March 23, 2011

This is, in my opinion, the best school in Pensacola. After dealing with the public schools where my high schooler attends I decided to send my 2 younger children to PCA. Best decision! Teachers are very caring and there is lots of communication with parents. It is strict, but kids need that these days and I have no complaints. I love this school and so do my kids. We are blessed to be able to send them there.

Posted March 18, 2011

This is the best school that any of my children have attended and we have been in many places. My daughters have been there from K4 on up. I cannot be more pleased. I don't know what people mean about no parental involvement, there is plenty. PTMs, telephone communications, assemblies, homework, and more. School is the child's "work place" and teachers are doing all they can to make it a great one, why would parents want to be there? Complaints about strictness is strange, that is why it is a good school, students know what is expected, they know the responsibility is theirs, yeah! Imagine, teachers want the children to get to school early so they can give them extra help! Our lives are filled with rules so our children are learning rules, nothing wrong with that. Love this school! Can't make a better choice.

Posted March 5, 2011

Overall, the curriculum is solid. The facility is clean, safe and modern. Also, the price is great. My primary issues are lack of parental involvement and the enforcement of ridiculous rules. First, I have to comment on the mother who home schools (March 1, 2011): Your comments regarding parental involvement are not applicable to you. Our children attended another Christian school where parental involvement was strongly encouraged. That didn't mean parents "had" to volunteer; it was an option. Parents felt welcome, involved, and the children loved it! Also, PCA doesn't keep parents informed, but rather places the entire burden on children, which causes unnecessary stress and errors. When my child forgets a book or an assignment, we can't go back into the school. If a mistake is made, then the child gets a green slip or goes to detention. Relaxing silly rules would help; electronic technology could help. For example, teachers could use web-based technology to post homework assignments, upcoming projects, and communicate with parents. PCA s fundamental thinking has its benefits, but it definitely impedes progress and improvements, which is why the school is good, but not great.

Posted March 2, 2011

My child has ADHD and the structure is comforting. To feel that you can have your child go to school and know that he/she will return home safely is a blessing.

Posted March 1, 2011

I have read through all the reviews. The one common thread of complaint is the lack of parent involvement. Really? I don't understand paying tuition for your children and then wanting to have to donate your time as well. I would think you'd be grateful to get what you paid for. We use the Abeka DVD program in our homeschool. Because I oversee my child, I have more than enough parent involvement. I am mostly very satisfied with the curriculum and the teachers; however, I do think the math curriculum is weak for the college-bound math & science majors. It is unfortunate that PCA does not offer AP classes for their talented students. PCA also should include the use of various types of technologies at the high school level. These would include the Microsoft Office suite of applications, online reseach tools, and graphing calculators. Although I am from the hand-written note card generation of writing papers, NoodleTools is a much more efficient way to accomplish that task. I thank God everyday that I am able to homeschool my child with this outstanding curriculum.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious