Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter started PCA this year on 3rd grade and when I tell you DO NOT send your child here I mean it. I have had her teacher called me after 8pm during the week days to tell me how my child could improve by going to 7am tutoring. I am a working parent and relay in their bus transportation for my daughter to get to school. I keep telling her that, she was bothered by me saying this and seem to have been upset about it. My daughter came from MP and she was awesome there AB honor rolls, student of the week and student of the month. I believe PCA is a cult and NOT a Christian school they don't care. They want our kids to be perfectionist to the point of causing anxiety for them and us as parents. Homework every day and test every day of the week. I am responsible arent and have helped my daughter ALWAYS . I am just amazed of hiw this school and teachers try to make our kids sick of school period. They defenetly have favoritism d if you aren't light skinned you can tell they treat you different and what to say if you speak otjer language. I was told it isn't good for my daughter to be bilingual because that would put her behind other kids and her language development. I am ñroud to say my daughter is bulingual and can't wait to get her out of that school. I am waiting to transfer her right now...

Overall PCA is very good educationally wise, K4 and up the education is good. Once you start Jr. High every little thing you say or do, that's not within their very very strict standards, will get you in trouble, pretty much on the daily. Majority of the rules that they have been thought up for the Jr/ Sr high students are ridiculous. The "no touching the opposite sex" rule is absolutely the stupidest thing, even a simple high-five or hug from the opposite sex will have you sent to the office for this big ordeal, how it was such a sinful thing that you dared touch someone of the opposite sex. Another thing is the strict dress code that they expect especially out of the girls. I've been called out of class numerable times, whether it be skin higher than my knees were visible or skin lower than my collar bones were showing and the occasional "I can see a tiny piece of fabric from your bra strap". The faculty are decent sometimes, but they do choose their favorites and it's obvious. Out of the administration, the head dean of 7th-12th is probably the most hated person by students and parents alike. He will scrutinize you, trying to make him seem like the prime example of what a Christian living for God looks like. It even goes to the extremes, for grades 7th-12th they make you sign a "Standards of Conduct" which during enrollment at PCA you are to abide by the rules at school, at home, or elsewhere. At school I get you have to follow their rules, but them telling you what to do outside of school is a little over controlling. Another thing that a lot people got in trouble a lot within the past few years was social media. Without any type of permission or warrant they'll go through your phone if it is unlocked, if you're not paying my phone bill you have no right to go through it. Overall for a kindergarten and elementary school 100% recommend, but speaking as a high school student these are just some of the things you have to deal with to top off how high school is already stressful enough.

I have attended this school from K5-10th grade and my parents have finally let me and my little brother transfer out after realizing what was happening to us. I completely recommend the school for elementary because of the strong background it gives you to grow up in, however once middle school/high school hits, that is a totally different story. Being one who tries to make the best of situations and always stay positive, I can truly say I have never been exposed to an environment that has made me so unhappy before. So much negativity emanates from those halls. I'm very thankful for the great education it provided for us and the study habits I obtained in the process. I really love the music program because it provides many opportunities to grow and showcase your talent. I'll definitely miss the lunches and the very many friends I made along the way, but it pretty much ends right there. Most of the faculty can be super encouraging and friendly but probably only on a good day. Once in a while you'd get lucky and find a teacher who wasn't like the rest and was actually normal. There was never a day where I wouldn't get judged for the person that I am. I was constantly told that who I was as a person was not the right way to live, or everything I did in life was wrong. There was never a day where I didn't get in trouble for something tiny like drinking from my water bottle, saying "omygosh", or taking pictures with my guy friends. People would constantly get expelled for everyday life situations. My least favorite person was the dean. I've never met such a rude person in my entire life and one who completely degrades you in hopes of "making you a better person". The dress code is understandable... if you were a nun. The work load is extremely heavy and stresses a lot of the students out, me included. It got to the point in the beginning of my sophomore year where I was extremely depressed and had a mental breakdown like every other week. The rules are extremely specific and mostly unessential. I just hate how they try to control every bit of your life and expect you to be happy. Me and my friends would have to constantly bring each other up because of the daily struggles of being a student at PCA. It's already been a month out of there and I'm already a happier person. To my friends still there, I pray for you. Stay strong

I had one child attend PCA K5 and first grade and another attended K4. They are absolutely great in the very early years. They use Abeka to teach to read immediately, and write legible cursive. Jumping right in to reading and math helped in later years. Cons: My daughter had perfect cursive handwriting, but she was having trouble at later schools for not finishing work, because she was taking too much time worrying about absolute perfection, to the point of anxiety. I found out that she was taught at PCA that God doesn't like or care about little children that have bad handwriting, not perfect in school and in appearance, etc. She was also told she is not a Christian if she wears pants. Basically, it's run by Pensacola Christian College, a legalistic institution which places more emphasis on appearance, image, and culture than what's actually written in the Bible. They also seem to play favorites with kids whose parents are alumni of the academy or PCC, or members of the Campus Church. Escambia County school district is not great, so a lot of military personnel choose this inexpensive private school. They might want your tuition, but I don't believe they really want your kid there for very long. Be prepared for a lot of homework. Parents who do not have time to sit with their kid for hours a night are going to have a hard time with this school.

Develops character: Neutral

A kid's image as well as the school's image seems to be the priority here.

I attended this school from K4-12th grade. I was forced to attend by my parents until high school, and then chose to stay the remainder due to the music program. In Pensacola, the music program is much better than at other schools nearby. Academics: First problem in high school: AP classes are not offered, and dual enrollment is only allowed at the adjunct college, PCC (which is not even acredited). Students are not forced to take higher math, and there is no practiced for standardized testing. Although several subject areas in the school are strong and have great teachers, the close-mindedness of the Christian curriculum can be severely limiting if you choose to attend a non-Christian college or university after. For example, the belief in evolution is prohibited. Special chapels were held often to enforce that those who believe in evolution are "against God" and that there is not enough evidence. Texts read in the English classes were also chosen and interpreted in a purely Christian view. I attended a recognized state college after this, and had to make many, many adjustments personally and intellectually due to the strict environment I experienced at this school. Religious aspect: This school practically forces its students to be Christians or pretend to believe in Christ. Bible classes are required every single day - and every single other religious denomination that exists was condemned, and declared to be completely wrong. This does NOT prepare students to succeed in a liberal environment after high school, or any environment for that matter. This institution (the school and college) is honestly an example of religious extremism. I was constantly scared of God's judgment and therefore "believed" in God. It is so important to give students a well-rounded education in these years, and encourage critical, independent thinking skills. This school extremely prohibits personal growth because of the enforced, narrow views and highly strict system. The college.... is another story. This school ultimately changed my religious views, and I have almost felt scarred by my experiences at this school. If faculty or students knew my beliefs or current lifestyle, I know I would be shunned and would not be shown "God's love" as they preach.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Having had a connection with PCA I know this firsthand. Not only is honesty, integrity, and fairness taught, it is also displayed on a daily basis.

Do I agree with everything at PCA? No, but I can confidently say that there isn't a better a school out there and I love what they're doing. People can complain about the strictness answer structure all they want, but thoseems staff and faculty members care for those students tremendously! The curriculum is outstanding, and no one should be complaining about too much homework. There's far more "homework" in college, which PCA students are well-prepared for. Again, just may not agree wit has every tiny detail of the Academy, but it is by far the best school I have ever seen. Not just in Escambia County (that goes without saying), but from what I've experienced in other states as well. I am overly impressed with PCA!

If you want your high school student to be allowed to make informed, independent decisions, do not expect to be pleased with this school. They are closely affiliated with Pensacola Christian College. Because of this, they refuse to acknowledge any other college or university, severely limiting their seniors options when trying to decide where to further their education. Students should have access to information that will help them make well-informed decisions.

Well! As a former student whom now is a junior in college I actually have helpful advice for those considering this horrid but helpful school! 8 long years I attended Pensacola Christian Academy along with 4 of my siblings. 1st let's begin with the pros: PCA has yummy amazing lunch. Omg, the cause of me being an overweight minor. It was like a buffet at your parents expense lol. PCA also has an amazing curriculum! A Beka books is absolutely wonderful & i intend to start my future children off on this amazing curriculum. I was an Honor Roll student my whole life there & i must say had i started off in public school i wouldnt have been as academically successful. My 7th grade year I switched to public school and i was in shock! Such a horrid transition, escambia county public schools SUCK in every aspect. Besides West Florida High School (best high school in the county), where all PCA dropouts attend. Okay, now the cons: Lets start out with the racism that coexists at this school. Im African American, & this school is the meaning of racism! Not all teachers are but the older ones ARE. If your child is black be prepared to fight for your children rights! Cant even count the countless times my parents had to come up there raising hell for our justice. My mother even had a racist book pulled from the curriculum. Around the 3rd grade please pull your children from this school and try another private institution! As a child I myself began to notice the foul ways of this academy. Between ALL OF THE HOURS WORTH OF HOMEWORK and parents staying up late trying to help, book reports, RESEARCH papers, detentions for no reason, it began to become TOO MUCH. They even made us sign contracts to not listen to gospel music! Entirely TOOOOOOO STRICT! The dress code, EVERYTHING GOT WORSE AND WORSE the older i became. Either you become brainwashed into a robot or you rebel , HARD & end up on the wrong path, as seen in some of the faculties children. On top of having to pick your child up from detention everyday or being called to come beat your children with a paddle FOR ANYTHING, parents were forced to pay FOR EVERY OVERPRICED THING. Paper fees, overpriced books, tuition, special papers, etc. All in all, after awhile i began to hate this school and rebelled like the majority of the older kids there.

Last modified Pensacola Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12