Pensacola Christian Academy 3

Posted October 28, 2014
This school sends home so much homework I began to wonder if they were teaching or if I was the one who was doing the teaching. Loved the schools cleanliness and being organized and safe but even though education is very important being a kid is also important and had no extra time to be a kid just work work work. My child was scared to even raise their hand to ask questions and I don't feel that is a good learning environment. The teachers need to be more one on one for those that are struggling and actually teach not just stand in front of the class and point or write up detention slips.

Posted June 20, 2014
Our son attended PCA from K5-4th grade. We had intentions of him continuing his education at PCA, but are moving this summer. PCA is a wonderful school and the teachers are very hands on and get to know their students. I loved that I was able to contact any of his teachers at any time if I had a question. The teachers and staff seem like they thoroughly enjoy their jobs and make everyone feel welcome. Throughout the years, I often received a phone call from a teacher not because my son misbehaved, but because they had a funny story to share of something he did or said that day. For a private school, it is very reasonably priced and considering how poor the public school system is in Escambia county, I highly recommend PCA to any student. They do enforce rules and order, but it only appears to be strict because there is a lack of discipline in most homes and schools today.

Posted May 27, 2014
PCA has been overwhelmingly high speed for my 6 year old daughter who has attended PCA for the past three years. I am blown away how much influence the teachers have both in the classroom and at home, communication flows both ways. My daughter will be going into the second grade fall 2014, she has been learning from the Becka books! All her education revolves around the Lord. So this for our family is the best foundation. The only intimidation I have is that I am tapped out with math, homework is important, and I'm not so sure how much good I will be. My daughter loves her teachers and classmates, she is free as a little bird to be herself. Pensacola Christian Academy is our top pick - as long as we can afford to send her we are also saving for her college through Pensacola Christian College. They have a very high standard for education. Very organized loving academy.

Posted May 22, 2014
2nd grade not happy..My child went to this school for 1st and 2nd, His 1st year I could tell that he was tired after school as he would fall asleep in the car before we got home..That was fine because as time went on I could see how they helped in molding and assisting with normal behaviors like obedience and meal manners. The 1st grade teacher was awesome and very helpful. However, the 2nd grade teacher acted like a robot and showed no interest in helping me or my child with some of the trouble areas we began to have in math. She would just smile blink. Also the strictness was starting to irritate me because with my child struggling in core subjects I like to go and sit in the class to have a more hands on approach with him...but not a PCA...thats almost like a joke question to them. So, besides helping him at home as much as I could, I felt like it was a useless waste of my money so he finished that grade and started all over in 2nd grade at a public school making A B honor roll. Even though I left, I wish it would have been different, even though he failed I feel if the teacher was more supportive I prob would have stayed because I like the christian background.

Posted April 03, 2014
PCA is the greatest Christian school in the world. The education is amazing as everyone knows. There's a reason why PCA graduates generally excel in life. The greatest thing however is how much the teachers care for you. They will bend over backwards to talk to a student if they come to them for help. They pray for their students unceasingly and love them. PCA changed my life for the best. As someone that wants to serve God with all my heart, the standards at PCA are awesome. It's all about perspective. The standards are there to protect, not restrict. Children and teenagers need to be taught discipline while they are young, or they will never learn it as adults. PCA provides the loving discipline and learning atmosphere that kids need to grow and become the men and women God want them to be. That's what education is all about.

Pensacola Christian Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2013
I have been going to PCA for a year,and the school is ok.The school is very safe,and clean. One problem with the school is that they are too strict.It takes me hours to complete my homework.One time I missed a day,and I wasn't sick(though I did have reason to not be there)They gave me 0's for the whole day.My brother wasn't there that day either they gave him 0's and detention for two days!My parents were very angry about that.I plan on not going here next year.

Posted August 14, 2013
I absolutely love my school. Yes, it is strict compared to most schools, but you're going to have rules all of your life that you may not agree with so you may as well get used to it. The academics are phenomenal here as well. The teachers go beyond reading from a book and actually teach and make the classes interesting. I would most definitely never change schools. God has really blessed PCA, and I'm proud to be a student here.

Posted October 15, 2012
this school is terrible i got detention for late slips but my books got knocked down! and u have to pay for everything!

Posted October 09, 2012
My kids love this school and they love their teachers. Very friendly, caring, safe environment. The curriculum is so much more advanced than public school. It is strict, but that's fine with me. PCA is very clear on their policies and beliefs. If you don't like it, good luck in Pensacola's public school system because it's terrible.

Posted September 13, 2012
If it was possible i wouldnt even give them a star! they are rediculous they would call me for every tiny problem they had it was rediculous. They kept making statements like we have to "train" your child to do what we want.. and the whole time I'm thinking.!!!??? TRAIN! he is a CHILD not a dog! I pulled him out after 2 months of being there!

Pensacola Christian Academy
10 Brent Ln, Pensacola, FL  32503
Last modified Pensacola Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Pensacola Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top