Pensacola Christian Academy 1

Posted August 13, 2015
If you want your high school student to be allowed to make informed, independent decisions, do not expect to be pleased with this school. They are closely affiliated with Pensacola Christian College. Because of this, they refuse to acknowledge any other college or university, severely limiting their seniors options when trying to decide where to further their education. Students should have access to information that will help them make well-informed decisions.

Pensacola Christian Academy
Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
They do install respect in young children towards adults and manners, along with etiquette. Probably the only good thing along with the curriculum.

Posted June 10, 2015
Well! As a former student whom now is a junior in college I actually have helpful advice for those considering this horrid but helpful school! 8 long years I attended Pensacola Christian Academy along with 4 of my siblings. 1st let's begin with the pros: PCA has yummy amazing lunch. Omg, the cause of me being an overweight minor. It was like a buffet at your parents expense lol. PCA also has an amazing curriculum! A Beka books is absolutely wonderful & i intend to start my future children off on this amazing curriculum. I was an Honor Roll student my whole life there & i must say had i started off in public school i wouldnt have been as academically successful. My 7th grade year I switched to public school and i was in shock! Such a horrid transition, escambia county public schools SUCK in every aspect. Besides West Florida High School (best high school in the county), where all PCA dropouts attend. Okay, now the cons: Lets start out with the racism that coexists at this school. Im African American, & this school is the meaning of racism! Not all teachers are but the older ones ARE. If your child is black be prepared to fight for your children rights! Cant even count the countless times my parents had to come up there raising hell for our justice. My mother even had a racist book pulled from the curriculum. Around the 3rd grade please pull your children from this school and try another private institution! As a child I myself began to notice the foul ways of this academy. Between ALL OF THE HOURS WORTH OF HOMEWORK and parents staying up late trying to help, book reports, RESEARCH papers, detentions for no reason, it began to become TOO MUCH. They even made us sign contracts to not listen to gospel music! Entirely TOOOOOOO STRICT! The dress code, EVERYTHING GOT WORSE AND WORSE the older i became. Either you become brainwashed into a robot or you rebel , HARD & end up on the wrong path, as seen in some of the faculties children. On top of having to pick your child up from detention everyday or being called to come beat your children with a paddle FOR ANYTHING, parents were forced to pay FOR EVERY OVERPRICED THING. Paper fees, overpriced books, tuition, special papers, etc. All in all, after awhile i began to hate this school and rebelled like the majority of the older kids there.

Posted June 03, 2015
Pros: They have a very organized school, very clean, a lunch program, bus service, music lessons, and a great structured curriculum. I love that they pray and teach the children from biblical principles. Bus driver was awesome and had open communication with me, very thankful for his communication. Cons: Way too much homework, no communication between home and classroom. I felt very disconnected with the teacher. They have a very medieval way of communicating between school and parent, the principal for elementary is disorganized and sort of rude. Teacher to student ratio is way too big and my child struggled because they have nothing in place to help struggling students who may need more than just a little bit of extra help. If you want a Christian school that has lower student to teacher ratios and better communication between school and home I highly recommend East Hill Christian School instead.

Posted October 28, 2014
This school sends home so much homework I began to wonder if they were teaching or if I was the one who was doing the teaching. Loved the schools cleanliness and being organized and safe but even though education is very important being a kid is also important and had no extra time to be a kid just work work work. My child was scared to even raise their hand to ask questions and I don't feel that is a good learning environment. The teachers need to be more one on one for those that are struggling and actually teach not just stand in front of the class and point or write up detention slips.

Posted June 20, 2014
Our son attended PCA from K5-4th grade. We had intentions of him continuing his education at PCA, but are moving this summer. PCA is a wonderful school and the teachers are very hands on and get to know their students. I loved that I was able to contact any of his teachers at any time if I had a question. The teachers and staff seem like they thoroughly enjoy their jobs and make everyone feel welcome. Throughout the years, I often received a phone call from a teacher not because my son misbehaved, but because they had a funny story to share of something he did or said that day. For a private school, it is very reasonably priced and considering how poor the public school system is in Escambia county, I highly recommend PCA to any student. They do enforce rules and order, but it only appears to be strict because there is a lack of discipline in most homes and schools today.

Posted May 27, 2014
PCA has been overwhelmingly high speed for my 6 year old daughter who has attended PCA for the past three years. I am blown away how much influence the teachers have both in the classroom and at home, communication flows both ways. My daughter will be going into the second grade fall 2014, she has been learning from the Becka books! All her education revolves around the Lord. So this for our family is the best foundation. The only intimidation I have is that I am tapped out with math, homework is important, and I'm not so sure how much good I will be. My daughter loves her teachers and classmates, she is free as a little bird to be herself. Pensacola Christian Academy is our top pick - as long as we can afford to send her we are also saving for her college through Pensacola Christian College. They have a very high standard for education. Very organized loving academy.

Pensacola Christian Academy 1

Posted May 22, 2014
2nd grade not happy..My child went to this school for 1st and 2nd, His 1st year I could tell that he was tired after school as he would fall asleep in the car before we got home..That was fine because as time went on I could see how they helped in molding and assisting with normal behaviors like obedience and meal manners. The 1st grade teacher was awesome and very helpful. However, the 2nd grade teacher acted like a robot and showed no interest in helping me or my child with some of the trouble areas we began to have in math. She would just smile blink. Also the strictness was starting to irritate me because with my child struggling in core subjects I like to go and sit in the class to have a more hands on approach with him...but not a PCA...thats almost like a joke question to them. So, besides helping him at home as much as I could, I felt like it was a useless waste of my money so he finished that grade and started all over in 2nd grade at a public school making A B honor roll. Even though I left, I wish it would have been different, even though he failed I feel if the teacher was more supportive I prob would have stayed because I like the christian background.

Posted April 03, 2014
PCA is the greatest Christian school in the world. The education is amazing as everyone knows. There's a reason why PCA graduates generally excel in life. The greatest thing however is how much the teachers care for you. They will bend over backwards to talk to a student if they come to them for help. They pray for their students unceasingly and love them. PCA changed my life for the best. As someone that wants to serve God with all my heart, the standards at PCA are awesome. It's all about perspective. The standards are there to protect, not restrict. Children and teenagers need to be taught discipline while they are young, or they will never learn it as adults. PCA provides the loving discipline and learning atmosphere that kids need to grow and become the men and women God want them to be. That's what education is all about.

Pensacola Christian Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2013
I have been going to PCA for a year,and the school is ok.The school is very safe,and clean. One problem with the school is that they are too strict.It takes me hours to complete my homework.One time I missed a day,and I wasn't sick(though I did have reason to not be there)They gave me 0's for the whole day.My brother wasn't there that day either they gave him 0's and detention for two days!My parents were very angry about that.I plan on not going here next year.

Pensacola Christian Academy
10 Brent Ln, Pensacola, FL  32503
Last modified Pensacola Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Pensacola Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top