Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My wife and I love the fact that we are able to send our Children to a School, where the faculty are on the same page with our teachings, and the teachings of our church. We know that our children are always in a positive Christian environment at home, and at school as well. We will recommend any parent who wants their child brought up with good strong Christian values to enroll their child in PCA!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have a very good relationship with my daughter, so when she is upset, I can tell, there was a time when some child said something to offend my daughter, she did not tell her teacher because she did not want to get anyone in trouble. I wrote a letter to the teacher and sent it to school the next day with my daughter. within 30 min of the start of class I was receiving a call from the principle, who was wanting to assist me in finding out what was the root of the issue.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter has attended PCA for the past 3 years, and we love each and every one of her teachers. The teaching staff works hands on with the students. And have no problems contacting the parents for things that they can do to improve the learning atmosphere of the child at home which, in turn, will help them in school.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

PCA has a fast pace approach, and a curriculum that assist your child in learning much faster than other school systems. They start your child reading as early as K4, and are always building upon the Bible base values.

My daughter started PCA this year on 3rd grade and when I tell you DO NOT send your child here I mean it. I have had her teacher called me after 8pm during the week days to tell me how my child could improve by going to 7am tutoring. I am a working parent and relay in their bus transportation for my daughter to get to school. I keep telling her that, she was bothered by me saying this and seem to have been upset about it. My daughter came from MP and she was awesome there AB honor rolls, student of the week and student of the month. I believe PCA is a cult and NOT a Christian school they don't care. They want our kids to be perfectionist to the point of causing anxiety for them and us as parents. Homework every day and test every day of the week. I am responsible arent and have helped my daughter ALWAYS . I am just amazed of hiw this school and teachers try to make our kids sick of school period. They defenetly have favoritism d if you aren't light skinned you can tell they treat you different and what to say if you speak otjer language. I was told it isn't good for my daughter to be bilingual because that would put her behind other kids and her language development. I am ñroud to say my daughter is bulingual and can't wait to get her out of that school. I am waiting to transfer her right now...

Overall PCA is very good educationally wise, K4 and up the education is good. Once you start Jr. High every little thing you say or do, that's not within their very very strict standards, will get you in trouble, pretty much on the daily. Majority of the rules that they have been thought up for the Jr/ Sr high students are ridiculous. The "no touching the opposite sex" rule is absolutely the stupidest thing, even a simple high-five or hug from the opposite sex will have you sent to the office for this big ordeal, how it was such a sinful thing that you dared touch someone of the opposite sex. Another thing is the strict dress code that they expect especially out of the girls. I've been called out of class numerable times, whether it be skin higher than my knees were visible or skin lower than my collar bones were showing and the occasional "I can see a tiny piece of fabric from your bra strap". The faculty are decent sometimes, but they do choose their favorites and it's obvious. Out of the administration, the head dean of 7th-12th is probably the most hated person by students and parents alike. He will scrutinize you, trying to make him seem like the prime example of what a Christian living for God looks like. It even goes to the extremes, for grades 7th-12th they make you sign a "Standards of Conduct" which during enrollment at PCA you are to abide by the rules at school, at home, or elsewhere. At school I get you have to follow their rules, but them telling you what to do outside of school is a little over controlling. Another thing that a lot people got in trouble a lot within the past few years was social media. Without any type of permission or warrant they'll go through your phone if it is unlocked, if you're not paying my phone bill you have no right to go through it. Overall for a kindergarten and elementary school 100% recommend, but speaking as a high school student these are just some of the things you have to deal with to top off how high school is already stressful enough.

I have attended this school from K5-10th grade and my parents have finally let me and my little brother transfer out after realizing what was happening to us. I completely recommend the school for elementary because of the strong background it gives you to grow up in, however once middle school/high school hits, that is a totally different story. Being one who tries to make the best of situations and always stay positive, I can truly say I have never been exposed to an environment that has made me so unhappy before. So much negativity emanates from those halls. I'm very thankful for the great education it provided for us and the study habits I obtained in the process. I really love the music program because it provides many opportunities to grow and showcase your talent. I'll definitely miss the lunches and the very many friends I made along the way, but it pretty much ends right there. Most of the faculty can be super encouraging and friendly but probably only on a good day. Once in a while you'd get lucky and find a teacher who wasn't like the rest and was actually normal. There was never a day where I wouldn't get judged for the person that I am. I was constantly told that who I was as a person was not the right way to live, or everything I did in life was wrong. There was never a day where I didn't get in trouble for something tiny like drinking from my water bottle, saying "omygosh", or taking pictures with my guy friends. People would constantly get expelled for everyday life situations. My least favorite person was the dean. I've never met such a rude person in my entire life and one who completely degrades you in hopes of "making you a better person". The dress code is understandable... if you were a nun. The work load is extremely heavy and stresses a lot of the students out, me included. It got to the point in the beginning of my sophomore year where I was extremely depressed and had a mental breakdown like every other week. The rules are extremely specific and mostly unessential. I just hate how they try to control every bit of your life and expect you to be happy. Me and my friends would have to constantly bring each other up because of the daily struggles of being a student at PCA. It's already been a month out of there and I'm already a happier person. To my friends still there, I pray for you. Stay strong

I had one child attend PCA K5 and first grade and another attended K4. They are absolutely great in the very early years. They use Abeka to teach to read immediately, and write legible cursive. Jumping right in to reading and math helped in later years. Cons: My daughter had perfect cursive handwriting, but she was having trouble at later schools for not finishing work, because she was taking too much time worrying about absolute perfection, to the point of anxiety. I found out that she was taught at PCA that God doesn't like or care about little children that have bad handwriting, not perfect in school and in appearance, etc. She was also told she is not a Christian if she wears pants. Basically, it's run by Pensacola Christian College, a legalistic institution which places more emphasis on appearance, image, and culture than what's actually written in the Bible. They also seem to play favorites with kids whose parents are alumni of the academy or PCC, or members of the Campus Church. Escambia County school district is not great, so a lot of military personnel choose this inexpensive private school. They might want your tuition, but I don't believe they really want your kid there for very long. Be prepared for a lot of homework. Parents who do not have time to sit with their kid for hours a night are going to have a hard time with this school.

Develops character: Neutral

A kid's image as well as the school's image seems to be the priority here.

Last modified Pensacola Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12