Palmetto Middle School 2

Posted January 24, 2014
My child goes to this school for the 2nd year now. First year he got all A's but his FCAT scores were low. This year he struggled with Math as Kaplan is his teacher. He is very aloof and a hard-nose and generally do not seem to care as he is one of the teachers that can't be touched. The administrators this year seemed indifferent and I noticed a remarkable drop in morale among the teachers. The counselors are useless. Their beloved band teacher left and the music program is suffering under a very incompetent green teacher that they got at the end of September. All in all its a subpar school UNLESS your child is in the gifted program. The school has many bussed in kids and it changes the climate of the neighborhood. If you can't get your kid into Ammons or Southwood then I guess you better get them in the gifted program here otherwise might as well be homeschooled through Virtual which many kids are doing. If you want a mediocre school for your child and hopefully find him an amazing highschool afterwards then yes to this school, otherwise no.

Palmetto Middle School 3

Posted October 27, 2013
I am a student at Palmetto Middle (8th grade boy). It's pretty much just an ordinary middle school. The cons- Language arts teachers are not fun at all and just want to be prepared for FCAT. Also the security guards are not very good, in the PE locker rooms kids fight all the time and the security guards don't even care. The pros- great school. Even if you know the area there are tons of new kids to meet. The science and math teachers are really good. The social studies teachers are different. Depends of who you get. Nice environment. In the morning you have tons of places to meet friends including a garden. Iprep is definitely something to look into. Its fun and you learn. The teachers are great in iprep. Look and try to accept the other reviews. Same as any middle school though. The best way to know about the school is from the students.

Posted October 15, 2013
Great teachers, responsive principal, energetic clubs, a clean environment . . . it's a solid neighborhood school.

Palmetto Middle School 2

Posted October 13, 2013
My child started attending this school this year. Although many rave about it, I don't see what all the fuss is about. The teachers have cliques in their classrooms with kids they like and play favorites to an extreme. The level of educational quality (my child is in gifted) seems very low to me. The cafeteria is a mess and my child does not even want to eat in there due to the noise and smell. There are many kids from outside the neighborhood that are bused in and it alters the environment. A student was arrested so far this year for attacking another student. I have visited the office a few times and met with the counselor and found her to be totally indifferent to my child's needs. She could not be bothered with our minor inquiries. The staff generally to either not care, or if they do care, they are clearly overwhelmed. This could have been a good school if it were smaller and the quality of education were better. I am very disappointed with Palmetto Middle.

Palmetto Middle School 1

Posted July 18, 2013
My son went to this school some of the teachers are nice but the vice principals are rude, the guidance consoler doesn't help the only people nice there are the security , teachers office aids and the people who work in the office I wouldn't recommend this school.

Posted April 25, 2013
My son is about to complete his first year at Palmetto Middle and we could not be happier! He has had a wonderful experience this school year and actually enjoys school! The school has wonderful teachers, an incredible PTA, and great administration.

Posted July 22, 2012
I am a student at palmetto middle and it is a great school! it has an amazing principal and he is hilarious! Teachers get students well prepared and the clubs are very fun! I am on the green team Spanish club fbla and njhs.. I recomend this school!

Palmetto Middle School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
Palmetto Middle School is great. The Principal, Vice Principals and administration are involved in every aspect, every minute of the day. And they listen to both parents and students. The teachers my son had were dedicated and unbelievably attentive. The music program is first class, winning top awards for performances. Even drama, art and dance are like a magnet school. But at Palmetto, education comes first. The PTSA at Palmetto Middle works very hard to ensure the needs of the students are first and foremost. More afterc-school sports programs would make Palmetto Middle a perfect school.

Palmetto Middle School 3

Posted March 13, 2011
I am a current student at Palmetto Middle, and I must say that I am at the top of my school, I take the highest acedmic classes that it offers (Geometry, Earth space, language arts 3 gifted, american history gifted), and I must say that I am dissatisfied with it's variety of classes. Next year, I am going to graduate and attend Coral Reef High School for the IB program, and while I am only going to be taking biology for science, all of my friends from Carver and Ammons are taking Chemistry, due to their school's variety. Other than the lack of classes for overachievers, I must say that iiiit has friendly, helpful teachers who you can easily contact anytime. In contrast to that, the administration tries to hard to authoritize its power by enforcing new rules like wearing lanniards and uniforms. In my personal opinion, I believe that students have a right to express themselves. In addition to that, the school has also gotten rid of all of its extra band programs, and now just has beginning and advanced band. All in all, I am dissapointed at the lack of classes, but I am satisfied with the teaching staff.

Palmetto Middle School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
We have been an 'A' school for 8 years in a row!

Palmetto Middle School
7351 SW 128 St., Pinecrest, FL  33156
Last modified Palmetto Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmetto Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top