1,079 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I think that palmetto is a grate school that can teach incredible things and can teach you to never bully someone or hurt people

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are more concerned with bonuses than an education. They will belittle the student in front of everyone!

We moved to Pinecrest a few months ago and our kids went to this school. Simply great. The whole team is very receptive and the new principal is doing a great job.

My sons loved this school! They made a lot of good friends there and were well prepared to succeed in high school.

We've been nothing but thrilled with Palmetto Middle School. Their teachers are excellent and they WANT to be there, some have been there for 25+ plus. The new administration is wonderful and very approachable. After school activities are in abundance (sports could use some help). Amazing school and I'm glad to be a part of it. There's something to be said for going to a CLOSE, neighborhood school with familiar faces.

Palmetto Middle has an awesome new principal and many great teachers. My daughter is getting a very good education.

I love this school! My son is in 7th grade and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are great, there are tons of extracurriculars, the PTSA is very strong and there is tons of parental involvement! My son feels safe, is learning a ton and having fun! What more could we want in a middle school? Plus, he can walk to school and hang out with his neighborhood friends. I don't know why anyone who lives in Pinecrest or Palmetto Bay would drive and fight traffic for a magnet. PMS has it all!

I went to Southwood, how Southwood gets a better score I have no idea. My sister went here and to Southwood and let me assure you this is much better. Let me put it simply my sister came home sad everyday at Southwood, at Palmetto she is happy again why... A kid was murdered at Southwoods bathroom, Palmetto has a Cambridge program, that is enough said.

I am a student at Palmetto Middle (8th grade boy). It's pretty much just an ordinary middle school. The cons- Language arts teachers are not fun at all and just want to be prepared for FCAT. Also the security guards are not very good, in the PE locker rooms kids fight all the time and the security guards don't even care. The pros- great school. Even if you know the area there are tons of new kids to meet. The science and math teachers are really good. The social studies teachers are different. Depends of who you get. Nice environment. In the morning you have tons of places to meet friends including a garden. Iprep is definitely something to look into. Its fun and you learn. The teachers are great in iprep. Look and try to accept the other reviews. Same as any middle school though. The best way to know about the school is from the students.

Great teachers, responsive principal, energetic clubs, a clean environment . . . it's a solid neighborhood school.

Last modified Palmetto Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.