Pinellas Park, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 14, 2014
Center Academy is proving to be exactly what my son needed. Although an extremely bright young man, my son has never done well in a typical school setting. His grades were always in stark contrast to his potential. Due to dyslexia, a processing disorder, and attending schools that were unable to adapt the curriculum to meet his needs, we decided to home-school him to get him back on track. My son never wanted to attend a brick and mortar school again, until touring Center Academy. As parents, our son's excitement to go to school everyday speaks volumes for his experiences at Center Academy. He just finished his first semester and earned 6 "A's" and 1 "B" on his report card. His self- esteem, that we worked so hard to rebuild after his previous school experiences, is still intact and blossoming everyday. Each morning, the principal is outside to greet the students, which he knows all by name, and parents as they arrive. I always feel welcome there and am always treated kindly. I highly recommend Center Academy, as does my son.

Posted February 12, 2014
Center Academy has helped my son get back on track with his studies. He attended a large public high school and was lost between the cracks. His grades dropped, attitude changed and a disinterest in school. His first semester at Center Academy brought about the change that even pleased my son. He has made the honor roll, participated in the school sports program and his self confidence is returning. The staff at Center Academy has connected with my son in a way that the public school could not. All of my questions and concerns have been addressed in a timely manor and to my satisfaction. I think this statement by my son summarizes the message I am trying to convey. "Mom, thank you for sending me here. I am doing better with grades and making good friends. I like Center Academy."

Posted January 25, 2014
Center Academy has been such a "game changer" for my son. He was at a private Christian school through 5th grade and transitioned to Center Academy when the workload just overwhelmed him to the point of giving up. He has been at Center Academy for only one semester and we have seen such drastic changes in him. His teachers are fantastic. Although his old school realized his potential and willingness to learn, they just did not know how to help him "process" it all. Center Academy knows how! Whenever issues have arisen, I have found them to be willing to listen and although it is more difficult to access the teachers, they are more than willing to work with the parents when something needs to be "tweeked". My son now walks a little taller and even has a "swagger" in his step. Priceless!!

Posted June 03, 2013
My son's attitude toward school has turned around 180 degrees. What a difference a year makes. No high pressured public school homework assignments. Work is done in school and rewarded! My son is more confident, feels accomplished, and is making friends. Manners and respect are taught here. Small setting allows for individual teaching and learning. I highly recommend CA if your child is not functioning in the public school setting. My son, our family, and our marriage is finally functioning smoother.

Posted June 03, 2013
My son just finished his sophomore year at Center. I can't tell you what a difference a year makes. One year ago, he had mainly D's & F's and hated school. Now his attitude has improved a great deal and our home is filled with peace. My child had attended Catholic school as well as fundamental. While they were both good schools, they just didn't fit my son's learning style. Thank goodness, we found Center!!

Posted January 21, 2013
Given the proper tools to learn, my child is achieving academic accomplishment and just made honor roll for the 2nd consecutive semester in her 1st year at C.A.as a 9th grader. I attribute her success to a proactive staff understanding of my childs challenge with focus, continual dialogue on respect and achievement, coupled with a managable teacher/pupil classroom ratio. Most work is completed at school, which alleviates the burden of parents micromanaging the assignment. When homework is necessary, it appears there is a clear directive and the task is done within a very short time. The School staff communicates well and avails themselves when questions arise. My only reservation in "rating this school" as a 5 star is related to the physical facility; "Small and quite cramped", additionally there is no structure such as an auditorium or outbuilding to house all of the students or Parents/guardians for an event. I am told enrollment is on the increase, therefore, hopeful ownership will address this in the future.

Posted January 15, 2013
What a positive transformation I have seen in my daughter since attending Center Academy! Every day, every homework assignment, every test was a struggle for her to get through. There were many mornings she would spend crying because she didn t want to go to school. Since attending Center Academy this year, she has not complained about going to school, she is not embarrassed to ask questions in class, she is participating in extracurricular activities and has made many new friends. The teachers know what they are doing and they know how to teach her how to learn. They encourage her and ensure that she s on task and that she understands the lesson. I marvel at the patience and understanding given to not only her but to all of the students. The director has filled my family with hope, satisfaction and has provided a safe environment for my daughter. My shy, quirky daughter has found a place to settle and a place where she is comfortable enough to be herself.

Posted June 06, 2012
Center Academy is a gem in Pinellas County! The school continues to thrive and grow with good students, parents, teachers and administration each year. They handle every aspect of a student s education with the most professional care. The staff and teachers take the time to get to know each child and every parent thus growing a huge sense of school pride among the campus.

Center Academy-Pinellas Park 1

Posted May 27, 2012
Very coincidental that all these 5 star reviews suddenly show up right after some negatives. I noticed enrollment was way down in their yearbook this year. It made sense to me as I have also found communication awful at this school, and so called leadeership who has an attitude. We clashed due to this and I, along with other parents pulled our children. Not one person from the school showed an interest in why we were leaving, what they could do to keep us and make it a better experience. One mother even had to prove to McKay that she had filed changes correctly as the school tried to mess with her scholarship. Luckily the new school was able to help her prove that she had. Enough said.

Posted May 08, 2012
Our son has attended Center Academy for 3 years. In that time he has made steady and consistent progress academically and socially. The academic environment affords him the opportunity to learn in a way that is driven by his needs and skills. The administration and faculty have recognized what he needs to learn. We have found the school to be receptive to our concerns. The staff is very accessible by either phone, e-mail, or in person. The social environment is developing with opportunities for the students and parents to interact outside the classroom. We feel confdent that our son will continue to develop and improve his academic skills to not only culminate in graduation, but on to continue his education. Students are taught to respect the staff, themselves, and their peers. Based on our experience at Center Academy, we would have no hesitation in recommending it to other parents and students.

Center Academy-Pinellas Park
6710 86th Ave, Pinellas Park, FL  33782
Last modified Center Academy-Pinellas Park is a Private school that serves grades 5-12
Center Academy-Pinellas Park Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top