Posted May 04, 2015
Center Academy of Pinellas Park was a wonderful experience for our daughter. She attended school there starting in 6th grade (her first year of middle school) and continued through graduation (12th grade). She earned a regular high school diploma. The administrative staff was great, the class sizes were small, and the teachers were committed, patient, and quite competent in teaching kids of ALL abilities and different learning styles. The school did not tolerate bullying and disruptive behavior which made for a safe and "effective" learning environment (not always the case in the public school system). My husband and I will forever be grateful to the administrators and teachers at Center Academy of Pinellas Park!

Posted May 04, 2015

Posted May 03, 2015
Center Academy is a wonderful school, that caters to students with a variety of learning styles and tailors a program to each student individually. This allows each student to work at his or her own level and succeed to the best of their ability.

Posted April 28, 2015
GREAT School doesn't even begin to cover it! My daughter has been a Center Academy student since 4th grade. We moved her to the Pinellas Park Campus this school year for 8th grade. Center Academy in general has been monumental in her overall improvement and development . . . but what Pinellas Park has done for her in just this one year alone is unbelievable. Her self confidence has sky rocketed because she is being challenged and is succeeding! The teachers at this school are second to none! I am using a bunch of exclamation point, I know but I truly am just that excited !! The environment is exactly what kids with specific learning challenges need to improve and thrive. From day one Mak felt welcome and comfortable. For any parent who's kid has challenges learning in the "cookie cutter" public school system - I cannot recommend Center Academy enough. They are #1 in mu book!

Center Academy-Pinellas Park 2

Posted March 16, 2015
The teachers are good. The small class sizes are nice. Be careful sending your child to this school if he or she has any behavioral issues. The constant interaction with other kids with issues does not help to deter behavior. An 18 year old junior was sending pictures of his genitals to my kid. Additionally, as with all schools, you do not get any communication from the school until it is too late to correct the issues. No calls, no communication, no notes. Just one day getting a call and being told there have been some issues over the last few weeks so we are now going to expel your child. Thanks for the heads-up and working with us (insert sarcasm here). I wouldn't waste your money. Not worth the investment.

Posted October 14, 2014
Center Academy is proving to be exactly what my son needed. Although an extremely bright young man, my son has never done well in a typical school setting. His grades were always in stark contrast to his potential. Due to dyslexia, a processing disorder, and attending schools that were unable to adapt the curriculum to meet his needs, we decided to home-school him to get him back on track. My son never wanted to attend a brick and mortar school again, until touring Center Academy. As parents, our son's excitement to go to school everyday speaks volumes for his experiences at Center Academy. He just finished his first semester and earned 6 "A's" and 1 "B" on his report card. His self- esteem, that we worked so hard to rebuild after his previous school experiences, is still intact and blossoming everyday. Each morning, the principal is outside to greet the students, which he knows all by name, and parents as they arrive. I always feel welcome there and am always treated kindly. I highly recommend Center Academy, as does my son.

Posted February 12, 2014
Center Academy has helped my son get back on track with his studies. He attended a large public high school and was lost between the cracks. His grades dropped, attitude changed and a disinterest in school. His first semester at Center Academy brought about the change that even pleased my son. He has made the honor roll, participated in the school sports program and his self confidence is returning. The staff at Center Academy has connected with my son in a way that the public school could not. All of my questions and concerns have been addressed in a timely manor and to my satisfaction. I think this statement by my son summarizes the message I am trying to convey. "Mom, thank you for sending me here. I am doing better with grades and making good friends. I like Center Academy."

Posted January 25, 2014
Center Academy has been such a "game changer" for my son. He was at a private Christian school through 5th grade and transitioned to Center Academy when the workload just overwhelmed him to the point of giving up. He has been at Center Academy for only one semester and we have seen such drastic changes in him. His teachers are fantastic. Although his old school realized his potential and willingness to learn, they just did not know how to help him "process" it all. Center Academy knows how! Whenever issues have arisen, I have found them to be willing to listen and although it is more difficult to access the teachers, they are more than willing to work with the parents when something needs to be "tweeked". My son now walks a little taller and even has a "swagger" in his step. Priceless!!

Center Academy-Pinellas Park 4

Posted June 03, 2013
My son's attitude toward school has turned around 180 degrees. What a difference a year makes. No high pressured public school homework assignments. Work is done in school and rewarded! My son is more confident, feels accomplished, and is making friends. Manners and respect are taught here. Small setting allows for individual teaching and learning. I highly recommend CA if your child is not functioning in the public school setting. My son, our family, and our marriage is finally functioning smoother.

Center Academy-Pinellas Park 4

Posted June 03, 2013
My son just finished his sophomore year at Center. I can't tell you what a difference a year makes. One year ago, he had mainly D's & F's and hated school. Now his attitude has improved a great deal and our home is filled with peace. My child had attended Catholic school as well as fundamental. While they were both good schools, they just didn't fit my son's learning style. Thank goodness, we found Center!!

Center Academy-Pinellas Park
6710 86th Ave, Pinellas Park, FL  33782
Last modified Center Academy-Pinellas Park is a Private school that serves grades 5-12
Center Academy-Pinellas Park Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top