Public charter
Plant City, FL

Posted April 02, 2014
My child has been going there since it opened. There has been only 3-5 teachers that are worth a darn there. They don't communicate very well, 5 prinicipals now, and aftercare now is a joke. This school had promise the first year but downhill from there. Teacher turnover is horrible. This year my son is on his 3rd teacher. They have no advance or gifted classes. Look at this years accountability report. Last year they were rated D.

Posted May 23, 2013
This school is awful. The dean of students is immature and feeds into the middle school girl drama. She abuses her power and is a bully. She is a horrible example and shouldn't be working with children. All if my children will be withdrawn from the school as it is not with the time and stress that is caused by this so called "administrator".

Advantage Academy Of Hillsborough 4

Posted October 17, 2012
ii Went Here in The 2011-2012 School Year In The Seventh And i Love This School The Teachers Thought Me Very Well And i Actually Went Up Two Levels On FACT Thanks To The Way i Was Tought Well By The Amazing Teachers Only Thing i Didn't Like Was The Lunch But Other Than That I Wish I Was Still Attending There :(

Posted June 08, 2012
A friend's daughters were just disallowed from having t-shirts signed as momentos even though there is no school policy against it and it's the same as having a yearbook signed. The administation seem so concerned about little issues like these and keep ignoring the fact that they are a "D" rated school. Maybe if they focused more on academics rather than petty issues like what color student's socks were the kids there would be better off!

Posted August 21, 2011
Would have given zero stars if the site would have let me. This school is apparently continuing to have two classrooms in one this year - which, is not against the law for a charter school to do, but is not consistent with a "Private school atmosphere." They are on their third principal in three years, and many of their teachers are not certified and it shows (this too, is not against the law for a charter school, but shows that they are not willing to invest in the staff.) They are happy to take the funding for a special needs student and not provide adequate services.

Posted July 26, 2011
I have a grandchild that attends this school and my grandchild loves it there. The school seems to be working very hard to improve in every and any area they feel might need it... the students are their top priority.

Posted July 25, 2011
I LOVE this school. I have dedicated must of my self to this school. I believe in the teachers, the faculty/staff, founders, students, and parents. This school has such strong leadership and parent/student/teacher relationships. I couldn't think of a more perfect place for my kids to attend school. This really is the perfect hometown school!! LOVE IT!!!

Posted July 25, 2011
I have had my child at the school since the beginning, and honestly would not want him to go anywhere else. I love how understanding the staff has been anytime I have had a need or concern. I also love the mandatory after school tutoring. My son has attended Summer Camp this year and has had an incredible time.

Posted July 17, 2011
I have three children attending this school, and I love it. Nothing disappoints me at all. The teachers are fantastic, my children have learned so much, and despite being in a larger class, with two teachers, I feel they learn more and distractions are addressed immediately!

Advantage Academy Of Hillsborough 3

Posted January 12, 2011
Classes are too big!! Teachers try very hard but two classes combined in one room is just too much! Too bad. It is much needed. It was better when it first opened.

Advantage Academy Of Hillsborough
350 West Prosser Drive, Plant City, FL  33563
Last modified Advantage Academy Of Hillsborough is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Advantage Academy Of Hillsborough Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top