846 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I think my school is great because I go to marshall middle school. I have friends at the place

im a student here and i hate mr.linginfilter/,he is the most stupidest principle ever i think her should get fierd lol ima get him fierd:)))

Recently able to observe some of the students from Marshall. They did a great job representing the positive side of today's youth. They were at a community event and I was proud of how they handled themselves. They were polite & respectful. Truly great group from Marshall!

My daughter attends Marshall she is in eighth grade and is a good student. She complains that it is difficult to learn because the children are so badly behaved and bullying is rampant. She said it is very common for the students to curse out the teachers. That disrespect should not be tolerated. Some classes the teachers spend half the period trying to get control of the class. My daughter has been called every vulgar name in the book for merely accidentally brushing up against another student while walking down the crowded halls and for other slights. However, she has had some very excellent and dedicated teachers at Marshall. It is such a shame that the good students have to suffer because of some bad kids acting up. I wish they would weed out all the problem kids and send them to a school that specialized in helping troubled students. Then maybe the teachers could spend their time teaching kids who want to learn.

I am disappointed with the schools ability to maintain behavior problems. Primarily, the fighting. Which happen almost daily. The bullying and students that are initiating fights are not handled effectively pr this nonsense would not continue. I understand that cell phones are Not allowed. However, when the teachers are not in unison with upholding this rule, it sends conflicting messages and the students do what they what. Some openly sit and text during class. I understand that teachers must pick their battles but a school wide policy should be enforced regardless. I love Ms. Justice! I also think Mr Glover is great leader and appreciate the positive impact he has made in regards to my son's interest in school. GQ improved his outlook on school and his attitude in general. My son talked about Mr. Glover all of the time, and I recently had the pleasure of meeting him. It is nice to see a teacher that is truly dedicated and excited to lead. Stanley Glover is doing great things at Marshall.

I attended Marshall's AVID Open House and my entire family had a great time. We loved the exploding pumpkins. Great famliy evenin.g

Ms Justice is the most awesome teacher on this planet. Probably any planet. I had her, my brother, my daughter & I'm hoping my youngest will get to have her. AWESOME! Marshall is pretty good too. Good counselors and they are very strict so I feel that my child is safe at school. Went to an awards ceremony & the teachers walk the isles like guards at a prison. Love it!

Disappointing that the atmosphere is going down. I was very happy with my child there a few years ago but now too much time spent on problem kids. Administration slow to react to problems. Some terrible teachers that seem to get away with garbage classes even though other faculty and administrators know about the situation. Too bad. Some AWESOME teachers there among just a few bad apples.

My son is in the advanced honors program and I am absolutely above and beyond thrilled with the education he is receiving. He is happy, the social climate is controlled (from what we've seen) and the materials are above and beyond! Love it!

It's alright and all, but they really don't have many electives. Agriculture gets a;; of the fundings for electives. Band gets nothing, and the teacher has to pay for anything. The teachers are kind of good, though. Some are strict, some are nice; it's a good mix. The students need a lot of help. Really. I mean it. They. Are. Messed. Up.

Last modified Marshall Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.