1,609 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted September 21, 2015
Maybe it can if it teach a class on manners, integrity, respect, discipline, etc.... Parenting and how and what their parents go through physically and financially to put them through school.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted September 21, 2015
If the P.E. coaches cared so much the wouldn't push our children pass their limits. The teachers would do more to stop bulling. My daughter got water tossed and her face on the school bus and picked on because she has vitiligo. She had to fight and nothing was done to those boys. The bus driver didn't acknowledge it nor did the school acknowledge it at school. Oh but once mom come to the school to complain it will be a problem. My child will not be bullied for having a skin disorder. It is time for parents and teachers to school children o medical differences. My child will not be made an example of because other children are ignorant. The teachers hear the children taunting my child. The teachers and bus driver act like they are scared. I'm not home schooling. My child is just like everybody else. I will set things right for her and other children with her skin condition. Kick children out of school that is not there for learning. Bulling leads to emotional depression.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 21, 2015
Well my child went out for the basketball team. she is just in 6th grade. the 6th graders have no chance up against 8th graders. Who only gets 3days to try out for the basketball team? Sometimes you got to give more time then that. Our children coming from elementary school barley had P.E. My 6th grader was at a disadvantage. She didn't have a chance. They should have had a two week tryout or something. Why start school off making children feel bad about themselves. Fairness NO. Then on top of that they take our money for physicals and insurance. I don't have money to waste. The insurance don't protect my child while she play in P.E.

Tomlin Middle School 3

Posted September 21, 2015
Well my daughter has eczema. She came home all broke out, even in her face. I asked her why is she so broke out? She said the P.E. Coach made her run even after she told her she was very hot. She has something in her medical records if she get over heated she needs to find shade. Rest for a few minutes. The P.E. Coach ignores her medical condition. I don't appreciate the Coach holding my child out in 90 degree heat just so she could run laps. I am not pleased with this. These Coaches need to listen to our children enough is enough. Children shouldn't be pushed to the limits passed their capabilities. My child also has asthma. I will not tolerate my child being a statistic. Our children shouldn't need doctors notes for us to tell P.E. Coaches not to run our children too hot in 90 degree heat. Common sense should tell them this. Never the less, I will tell them before they kill my child.

Tomlin Middle School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
This school only cares about the high achievers. The ones that struggle are left in the wind. The statistics on this school speak for itself. I have one high achiver and one that struggles that attended. The help they give the ones that need it the most is a joke. Administration is too busy playing politics to help the most at risk kids there. We've since moved out of state and it is night and day compared to Tomlin. Thank goodness we got out of Tomlin Middle School. There are a few good teachers that really care there so hopefully you will be lucky and get one of them if your child attends.

Posted April 18, 2014
The school is very organized.My son is in 6th grade and they do a very good job keeping 6th graders separated from the 7th and 8th graders which is great. The school also keep parents informed and get kids involved in clubs,sports, and community activities.

Tomlin Middle School 1

Posted February 14, 2014
This school is terrible,The staff terrible,pickup and drop off terrible,bullying is terrible.Some of the teachers have called my kid a tattletale because he came home and told me how in civics they were talking about texas and my kid said well i don't agree with texas laws really with executing mentally impaired individuals,And this terrible excuse for a teacher said "well you better not ever go there" this from a teacher to a student in a class pretty much based on opinion!Really speaks volume about the character of this sad individual.This teachers name is Linda Hiers its unbelievable that a supposed teacher makes remarks like this to a student who she's getting paid to teach over his opinion what exactly is that supposed to be teaching our kids!!!Run from this school.Garbage!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 14, 2013
Many supportive faculty and teachers. The school has many migrate students and there is support for all of the children

Posted July 16, 2013
I was hesitant at first, but I have to say I have been very happy with my child's experience at Tomlin. I highly recommend this school and I am thankful that we made the switch. My child is excited to return in the fall!!

Tomlin Middle School 4

Posted February 10, 2010
I love Tomlin Middle!!! I went there for my 6th grade year and enjoyed it a lot. The Pep Rallies, lunch, education, and teachers are the best. Now I moved but i still wish i could be there.

501 North Woodrow Wilson Street, Plant City, FL  33563
Last modified Tomlin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.