Plant City, FL

Trapnell Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
well being a parent I think we all try to find a good school that we know our children will not only be safe but get a proper education. From my personal observation I feel the teachers are great the staff not so bad one major thing is the nurse there is one of the most miserable looking people I think I've ever seen in my life! She gossips about parents thinking they don't see her do it then what blows me is how can somebody gots up and be little someone else when you look so miserable and you are supposed to be representing the school how unprofessional is it that you gossip about students parents.Well its not a bad school the teachers are great but the only thing i can really say is how they still have a nurse who is unpleasant and unprofessional still there around are children.

Posted October 27, 2009
My son has gone to Trapnell for 4 years...I have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers and staff. It is a very family friendly atmosphere and I love knowing I send my son somewhere he likes going. It is a smaller school...wich I think is more beneficial to a child, because you feel like you know everyone. We are proud to be TRAPPERS!!!

Posted May 28, 2008
I love Trapnell both my kids attended and still attend this school it is not a Walden lake public /private school it is even better true character, true real people. We may not have all the material things and big honchos catering to our every need like Walden lake does but we have a caring staff and great administraitors to lead us to success and the teachers truly believe in each child and treat them like their own.It is a true hometown school with real people.

Posted November 01, 2007
I have been very pleased with this school. My daughter has done so much better than I have ever hoped for. Anytime that I have concerns, The teachers have always been very interested in helping. I would not ever think about moving her anywhere. I was just as pleased with trapnel when I was a child there.

Trapnell Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2006
Trapnell Elementary worked very hard with my granddaughter with her reading and math. Many times the school made suggestions to the parent on what she needed and what the school had to offer. While she still struggles, the teacher made constant efforts to assist her and work with her. Another granddaughter has an easier time in school and her teacher focused more on improvements and what specifically she needed. The school is very personable and seems to focus alot on the kids and after school activities on the school grounds. The library personnel is terrific.

Trapnell Elementary School 2

Posted February 05, 2004
I think that this school could do better. I believe there is not enough communication between the principles, teachers and parents. I just changed my childs 1st grade teacher because I felt the teacher was letting her fall behind and wasn't really concerned about the problems she was having. I feel her teacher is there just to get a paycheck. I have approached the school several times in regards to my childs behavior and grades. I was told by the assit principle that 1st grade teachers are informed by the principle not to send their students to the office when there was a behavior problem because it may cause the students to believe the teacher has no authority. I think this is a problem.

Trapnell Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2004
i am a parent of a few students that attend at trapnell. the teachers, i have found are great. they are involved with the students and show great concern. teachers there try to get the parent involved with the students progress. i have high remarks and all compliments to the staff there. the teachers have made the school and did a great job! p.s. mrs. rogers is the best!

Trapnell Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2003
We have had dealings with several teachers at this school. Two of them were more interested in showing movies instead of teaching. Both were/are 1st grade teachers. A kindergarden teacher, Mrs. Cornelious was absolutely wonderful! So, not all the teachers at this school are inadequate. The children who are 'on level' get pushed along. Then, you have the 'gifted' kids who end up 'helping' the teachers teach. While they should be the ones who are encouraged to move on. The 'gifted' kids are almost ignored because they don't need help learning. It's sad! We are not happy with this schools ability to meet the needs of all students!

Trapnell Elementary School
1605 West Trapnell Road, Plant City, FL  33566
Last modified Trapnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trapnell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top