Plant City, FL

Posted August 26, 2013
I am generous and a nice person. I like P.E and Math. Have more Playgrowns.

Posted November 04, 2009
The school has exceeded my expectations. My son loves it!!!!

Posted August 05, 2009
Everything about Walden Lake from its administrative, teaching, custodial and lunchroom staff is top notch! The teachers are exceptional and have shown that they care about children's academic success AND emotional well-being. Walden Lake goes above and beyond to offer many opportunities for all students to achieve success. I feel so fortunate that my children are receiving such an extraordinary educational experience.

Posted June 18, 2009
Walden Lake is THE BEST elementary school in Plant City by far. The teachers are very caring and truly want your children to succeed. I will be very sad when our elementary days are over!

Posted May 13, 2009
I have a son in the 7th grade that had previously attended WLE. At the national junior honor society I was completely amazed by the large percentage of WLE students being inducted. Excellent school, great teachers, and a wondereful platform to build the rest of their education upon. When kids leave WLE, the are very prepared for junior high academically.

Posted January 03, 2009
Walden Lake Elementary is an excellent school with awesome teachers!! My 2nd and 4th grade boys have done great and I thank all the staff for the wonderful job they do.

Posted October 17, 2008
We recently moved to the area and we're thrilled with this school. The only thing I don't like is we're 'poor' and there's always something they want money for, but I give as much as I can because the payout for the students is excellent. The class size and attention they give - schoolwide - to each student is exceptional. We love the teacher and couldn't ask for more in a school.

Posted August 30, 2007
This is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are very friendly.

Posted June 07, 2007
I had 2 boys in the school from 1st to 5th. The support was great and the teachers make every effort to engage the kids. It was a winning opportunity for my boys and has set them up to be successful in middle school next year. The office staff was unbelievable, they were always polite and helpful. The library is great with a large and varied selection of books.

Walden Lake Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2007
My daughters went to this school and faired well. Plant City is a quirky town, more like an oversized high school than a city, and Walden Lake is the 'in school' for the 'in group'. A lot of good people put a lot of special attention into it. As much as I'd like to complain, it is hard to do so. One of the teachers my daughter had was a rightwing nut job who preached Jesus meetings and George Bush all day long, and being a progressive 'bright' myself, you'd expect me to be livid, but I wasn't. She was sincere in her opinions and gave my children an excellent education and love of reading. I am thankful to her. Both gifted teachers when we were there turned out to be excellent and really, with only one exception, all the teachers were very good. WLEK is a darn good school.

2800 Turkey Creek Road, Plant City, FL  33566
Last modified Walden Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walden Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top