Posted January 24, 2014
This school is hardly worth two stars. First and foremost, I will introduce myself. I moved to Valrico from out of state midway through sophomore year. I would describe myself as academically inclined, take initiative as a leader through ROTC and did partcipate in SGA but discontinued that as the goals and missions were not the same as in my home state. Thank God for dual enrollment, which Mrs. Dupre is extremely helpful and offers amazing guidance for, because then I would have been completely robbed of my high school education. Many teachers here lack the passion and ambition to teach. The honors classes are a joke. For example, in English II Honors, we spent three weeks learning transitions! It's an honors class, not a review of the eighth grade! My experiences with both counselors I've had over my high school career have been very non-welcoming and stressful. Last time I checked, or at least compared to my old high school, guidance counselors are supposed to be helpful and listen to the students needs. In all, the only thing good about this school is Mrs. Dupre, ROTC, and the teacher care (Mrs. Griffith, Mr. H, and couple more).

Durant High School 4

Posted May 18, 2013
Although I have had a few problems with my guidance counselor with scheduling, overall I love this school. If you are involved with theatre or any arts program, this is your school. The arts teachers are very passionate about what they do. Also I have had great academic teachers with very few exceptions.

Posted August 08, 2011
I am an alumni of Durant HS. During my time at Durant, I was very involved with sports, clubs and student council. Being involed is one of the most important aspects for students. I battled a family issue my Junior year, and everyone at Durant helped me through. From talks with the principle, families bringing food over and friendly hugs from other students, I can honestly say I got through it because of my Durant family. I will always be proud to say I was a Durant Cougar.

Durant High School 3

Posted August 24, 2010
Every school has issues and my kids have enjoyed their time at durant but I agree with the support staff is RUDE and/or never bothers to return calls. Football Coaches won't return calls even though your new to the program and get upset with the kids for asking questions. Guidance, please where do I begin. With the depature of the head of the department I was hoping for a geat new start however now the replacement does not return calls either, do they teach that? I thought Durant would have better structure in place. You wonder why parents don't want to get involved here, they can't no one calls you back and if they do, they have attitude.

Posted May 02, 2010
Leadership staff is rude and disrespectful to both students and parents and are allowed to ridicule students as well. FL statute 1006.09 (b) line 13 'No student shall be suspended for unexcused tardiness, lateness, absence, or truancy.'

Posted April 06, 2010
Durant may have some bad things about it, but overall this is by far one of the best schools in the county! I recently moved away and the new school i am attending is eons behind Durant both in technology and curriculum. I have always thought that northern school have left southern school behind when it comes to the talent of students, and until recently, in my mind that was true. After experiencing the move i have gone through it seems like teachers at Durant are more caring and helpful than anywhere else i know of.

Durant High School 1

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted January 16, 2010

Posted October 18, 2009

Posted October 11, 2009
i loved this school while i attended

Durant High School
4748 Cougar Path, Plant City, FL  33567
Last modified Durant High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Durant High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top