1,100 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted December 15, 2015
Want to know if a school is good? Check the teacher turnover rate. My two children have lost at least 4 teachers since the beginning of the year. The kids are so poorly behaved and the teachers have no control over them. I'm pulling my children out as soon as possible!

Posted June 16, 2015
My daughter went to this school for most of the year and left in March to go back to her old school. Literally I regret ever putting her in that school. The day I took her out was when she came off the bus crying after a boy slapped her in the face and she had a scar left behind and it happened at 11:00am Nobody even called me to tell me this happened. Shame on them. The teachers didn't care 9 out of 10 of the kids and teachers were rude to my child. In the whole school there were about 2 nice teachers one wasn't even a teacher actually an office lady [ Teacher: Ms.Amisial] [ Office Lady: Ms. Allen].

Posted May 05, 2015
So many families went to RCSP initially looking for a school where their children could safely grow from the elementary years to middle school. Unfortunately, middle school here has turned out to be a mess. Academically, the students aren't challenged. Communication is limited between teachers and parents and what goes on there is confusing and vague. A large number of teachers have left, and parents are rarely made aware of their abscence from school. Socially, there is a level of disruptive and offensive behavior present - from both students and teachers - that is simply unacceptable. Detentions and suspensions are frequent, with most of the staff's energy going towards putting out frequent fires during the school day. Emotionally, this has an obvious toll on students and their families. While much of the focus goes towards getting "bad" behavior under control, there is minimal effort given toward providing positive reinforcement to students that are following the rules and doing the right thing. Many of us have stuck with this school through its many different challenges. At this point in the game, however, it shouldn't be this hard to make things work more effectively.

Posted April 29, 2015
(1/2) ***IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL, DONT WAST YOUR TIME!***(unless you want your child to end up in a gang) Hello, I have 2 children that are attending this school. {side info: we just moved to plantation, from orlando. My children were both attending a school in orlando that was also a CSUSA school (Renaissance charter school at Poinciana), and we thought it would be very similar, and i immediately transferred them, since it was 3rd quarter BIG MISTAKE!} I would take my children out immediately, but we are waiting until next year (since there is less than a month left of school, and the public school that they are zoned for is worse than this school, and no charter schools have empty seats right now). Every day my children complain that the school is just completely out of hand. There are always kids kissing in the bathroom. And the teachers don't discipline bullies, even when they see it with their own two eyes, they will just sit at their desk and laugh.

Renaissance Charter School at Plantation 2

Posted May 24, 2014
Health concerns. There have been several outbreaks of head lice this year which have gone unreported to parents.

Posted October 13, 2013
This is our third year at this school and we are so happy we stuck it out. There were many problems but they are now on the right track. The Principal and Assistant Principal are amazing. The students have a special each day: Spanish, PE, Music, Art and Technology. The teachers are the aftercare caregivers so the homework is done when you pick up your child. The new Elementary building is gorgeous. My son is in a high aceiver class and he is definitely being challenged. I know this school will continue to flourish and thrive.

Posted October 02, 2013
The school has improved a whole lot. Yes it was hectic and disorganized in the beginning but thats to be expected with a fairly new school. The staff at Rcsp have been very professional through it all. Happy I stuck with them. My daughter loves it and is learning alp.

Renaissance Charter School at Plantation 2

Posted August 26, 2013
My son just began attending this school. He is in the 3rd grade.. He seems to really like it but I haven't been too happy.. I live 5minutes away from his school and it takes me 1/2 an hr to drop him off every morning because of their poor drop off routine.. I also call the office once in a while to give a message or ask a particular question and the phone barely ever gets picked up.. It's kind of scary when u cannot contact anyone at your child's school by phone.. What if it were an emergency?? The phone should be answered at all times.. I never had to deal with this at any other school.. They are very disorganized here.. Being that my son loves the school I am trying to have patience to see if things will change.. If nothing changes I'm going to have to remove him because its ridiculous.. They don't even have a principle for the year so far.

Posted August 20, 2013
This school year has started out great. You can feel the excitement in the atmosphere. As with all schools, the first day was chaotic, but the energy is totally different from the same time last year. With the loss of the principal, the assistant principal posesses the quality of any great leader. He motivates his staff, although exhausted, he always has time for questions, and personifies the word "greatness". When asking students how their first day was in class, they had nothing but positive feedback. During all the chaos behind the scenes, the students did not experience any of this. That more than anything spoke volumes to me.

Posted June 12, 2013
If you are thinking about this school, think twice!!! Bad school, terrible principal, bad enviromente. After 2 years, I am out of that nightmare, I couldn't wait for the year to be over. Kids are only numbers, and the only think they have in mind is kids passing the Fcat, and benchmark, they overwhelmed and stress the kids about the tests all year long, I almost forgot to mention the amount of teachers that left the school because of the bad administration/ administrator, a total of 28 teacher, maybe more now.

Renaissance Charter School at Plantation
6701 W Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, FL  33313
Last modified Renaissance Charter School at Plantation is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School at Plantation Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top