1,100 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

The parent/teacher communication is unacceptable and they change teachers several times during the school year. I asked principal Butler why the teachers keep leaving and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know they just leave." and walked away.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel that some classes give so much homework as if they forget that student have other class homework as well.

Develops character: Disagree

I feel that there is no accountable for students who misbehave. Students tend to disrupt classes with their bad behavior and is rarely reprimanded for it. This makes it difficult for the student who actually behave in class

Want to know if a school is good? Check the teacher turnover rate. My two children have lost at least 4 teachers since the beginning of the year. The kids are so poorly behaved and the teachers have no control over them. I'm pulling my children out as soon as possible!

My daughter went to this school for most of the year and left in March to go back to her old school. Literally I regret ever putting her in that school. The day I took her out was when she came off the bus crying after a boy slapped her in the face and she had a scar left behind and it happened at 11:00am Nobody even called me to tell me this happened. Shame on them. The teachers didn't care 9 out of 10 of the kids and teachers were rude to my child. In the whole school there were about 2 nice teachers one wasn't even a teacher actually an office lady [ Teacher: Ms.Amisial] [ Office Lady: Ms. Allen].

So many families went to RCSP initially looking for a school where their children could safely grow from the elementary years to middle school. Unfortunately, middle school here has turned out to be a mess. Academically, the students aren't challenged. Communication is limited between teachers and parents and what goes on there is confusing and vague. A large number of teachers have left, and parents are rarely made aware of their abscence from school. Socially, there is a level of disruptive and offensive behavior present - from both students and teachers - that is simply unacceptable. Detentions and suspensions are frequent, with most of the staff's energy going towards putting out frequent fires during the school day. Emotionally, this has an obvious toll on students and their families. While much of the focus goes towards getting "bad" behavior under control, there is minimal effort given toward providing positive reinforcement to students that are following the rules and doing the right thing. Many of us have stuck with this school through its many different challenges. At this point in the game, however, it shouldn't be this hard to make things work more effectively.

(1/2) ***IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL, DONT WAST YOUR TIME!***(unless you want your child to end up in a gang) Hello, I have 2 children that are attending this school. {side info: we just moved to plantation, from orlando. My children were both attending a school in orlando that was also a CSUSA school (Renaissance charter school at Poinciana), and we thought it would be very similar, and i immediately transferred them, since it was 3rd quarter BIG MISTAKE!} I would take my children out immediately, but we are waiting until next year (since there is less than a month left of school, and the public school that they are zoned for is worse than this school, and no charter schools have empty seats right now). Every day my children complain that the school is just completely out of hand. There are always kids kissing in the bathroom. And the teachers don't discipline bullies, even when they see it with their own two eyes, they will just sit at their desk and laugh.

Health concerns. There have been several outbreaks of head lice this year which have gone unreported to parents.

This is our third year at this school and we are so happy we stuck it out. There were many problems but they are now on the right track. The Principal and Assistant Principal are amazing. The students have a special each day: Spanish, PE, Music, Art and Technology. The teachers are the aftercare caregivers so the homework is done when you pick up your child. The new Elementary building is gorgeous. My son is in a high aceiver class and he is definitely being challenged. I know this school will continue to flourish and thrive.

The school has improved a whole lot. Yes it was hectic and disorganized in the beginning but thats to be expected with a fairly new school. The staff at Rcsp have been very professional through it all. Happy I stuck with them. My daughter loves it and is learning alp.

Last modified Renaissance Charter School at Plantation is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.