Renaissance Charter School at Plantation 2

Posted May 24, 2014
Health concerns. There have been several outbreaks of head lice this year which have gone unreported to parents.

Posted October 13, 2013
This is our third year at this school and we are so happy we stuck it out. There were many problems but they are now on the right track. The Principal and Assistant Principal are amazing. The students have a special each day: Spanish, PE, Music, Art and Technology. The teachers are the aftercare caregivers so the homework is done when you pick up your child. The new Elementary building is gorgeous. My son is in a high aceiver class and he is definitely being challenged. I know this school will continue to flourish and thrive.

Posted October 02, 2013
The school has improved a whole lot. Yes it was hectic and disorganized in the beginning but thats to be expected with a fairly new school. The staff at Rcsp have been very professional through it all. Happy I stuck with them. My daughter loves it and is learning alp.

Renaissance Charter School at Plantation 5

Posted October 01, 2013
School has made a complete 180 degree turn since last year. The excitement and enthusiasm is back in the air, the new principal is friendly and super approachable, and the teachers appear relaxed and enthusiastic. The new building is awesome, and kids are getting art, PE, Spanish, music, and Technology classes daily. It has been a very bumpy road for this school, but I think they've finally gotten it right this year. Well done, RCSP!

Renaissance Charter School at Plantation 2

Posted August 26, 2013
My son just began attending this school. He is in the 3rd grade.. He seems to really like it but I haven't been too happy.. I live 5minutes away from his school and it takes me 1/2 an hr to drop him off every morning because of their poor drop off routine.. I also call the office once in a while to give a message or ask a particular question and the phone barely ever gets picked up.. It's kind of scary when u cannot contact anyone at your child's school by phone.. What if it were an emergency?? The phone should be answered at all times.. I never had to deal with this at any other school.. They are very disorganized here.. Being that my son loves the school I am trying to have patience to see if things will change.. If nothing changes I'm going to have to remove him because its ridiculous.. They don't even have a principle for the year so far.

Posted August 20, 2013
This school year has started out great. You can feel the excitement in the atmosphere. As with all schools, the first day was chaotic, but the energy is totally different from the same time last year. With the loss of the principal, the assistant principal posesses the quality of any great leader. He motivates his staff, although exhausted, he always has time for questions, and personifies the word "greatness". When asking students how their first day was in class, they had nothing but positive feedback. During all the chaos behind the scenes, the students did not experience any of this. That more than anything spoke volumes to me.

Posted June 12, 2013
If you are thinking about this school, think twice!!! Bad school, terrible principal, bad enviromente. After 2 years, I am out of that nightmare, I couldn't wait for the year to be over. Kids are only numbers, and the only think they have in mind is kids passing the Fcat, and benchmark, they overwhelmed and stress the kids about the tests all year long, I almost forgot to mention the amount of teachers that left the school because of the bad administration/ administrator, a total of 28 teacher, maybe more now.

Posted June 10, 2013
I was "lured" to this school this past school year by friends of mine whose children attended the previous year with rave reviews! We left our beloved neighborhood public school where my children were thriving in the hopes of a more scholarly and in -depth education, especially for my gifted child. What we got was a 2-teacher turnover, a cold, closed-door Principal, and very young, inexperienced teachers. We were there 3 months and I pulled my children out immediately after the Principal denied a meeting with me stating she was "too busy to meet with parents", and we went back to open arms to our neighborly public school where my children are back thriving and I'm not asked to donate P.E. equipment, books for a library that doesn't exist, or fans on a weekly basis. They should NOT be proud of their 35-teacher turnover this year and instead lost a great family in us, my son scored near-perfect FCAT scores. And has the air quality been tested lately where the children play behind that school? by the water-treatment plant? I know MY children were tired of smelling the neighborhood poop while trying to play basketball. Ick.

Posted June 10, 2013
This school was amazing last year. This year it was horrible!!! My child went through 3 teachers and she cried not to go to school. The principal is very unfriendly and staff is miserable.The corporate office doesn't listen to parent concerns. We will not be returning to this scool and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Posted June 10, 2013
Very poor management, they only care about making money for the corporation and very little about the parents and kids. High teacher turn over. First year was ok this year a nightmare. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO MY ENEMY.

Renaissance Charter School at Plantation
6701 W Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, FL  33313
Last modified Renaissance Charter School at Plantation is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School at Plantation Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top