Plantation, FL

Plantation Middle School 3

Posted December 10, 2014
As an IB student of this school, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, there are some good teachers, not all are perfect, but that is to be expected. I have made good friends, and I am doing pretty well. On an academic level, its decent enough, despite the D rating on it (I can only speak for the gifted programs). But on the other hand, the place is dangerous. Tons of fights, lots of bad kids, lots of people interrupting classes, and its located near a pretty bad neighborhood. If your in IB, they make an effort to try and separate you from the bad kids, key word try. I have had bikes stolen, seen fights picked, witness lots of smoking, and even experienced kids picking on me for looking white, even though I'm not. There are plenty of downsides, but I am still enjoying myself. But before you read this and decide on a private school, my friend, who moved from here to American Heritage, says it is very snobby, and pretty bad.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 29, 2014
Working at Plantation Middle is a horrible experience. The administration is ineffective, and the principal is invisible. Students are disruptive and disrespectful knowing that they will get away with it. Otherwise well-mannered children will fall prey to the terrible influences who walk the halls during class all day long. Sixteen and seventeen-year-old seventh graders are common-- and creepy. Most teachers truly care about the kids but are so beaten down by the hazings they receive every day. The IB program is not isolated from the worst if the school. Do yourself a favor and find a better alternative for your child.

Plantation Middle School 4

Posted April 18, 2014
I went to an orientation at Plantation Middle school for the IB program. Was very concerned about it being a good fit. I e-mailed coordinator and was invited to come in. When my husband and I came in we were not only met by the coordinator but the 6th grade counselor . We had all of our questions answered and concerns addressed. Can't wait for my son to attend

Posted May 30, 2013
We are very happy with PLMS. The teachers and school staff are very kind and caring. We came from Central Park Elem (many yrs there) and although I was fairly happy with it, the overall attitude at PLMS is much better. They treat you like family. The principal is so nice and accessible. My daughter is very happy here. She got picked for a magnet program at another school that she was originally excited to try for, then decided she just didn't want to leave PLMS. She participates in Student Gov., Chorus, and First Priority clubs after school. They have very good academics, the IB program, sports, and reward programs for the students too. I can see they care about my daughter's individual needs, and my son's too when he was there. More parent involvement would make things even better. Plantation Middle School is a great school!

Posted February 05, 2013
They need to change the school zone so more white kids can go to the school .it would be better I'd the school have a higher ratio of white kids.plantation middle please work on your ratio I would b very happy black mom.thank u .

Posted March 18, 2012
This school is the worst school ever see in my live. you never met a counselor he not help to the students, the teacher are pathetic, they don't care you child and they don't have passion to teach. only write, write any time the class Algebra everybody failed this class. the poor teacher try to did her best, This school need a new counselor the county paid him for nothing, Broward county need to investigate this school. FFFFFFFF.

Posted July 21, 2011
My daughter is in the IB program at PM.What a fantastic program after having my children at a nearby private school for years ,i thought she had the best education.Wrong!!!not only was the academics sub standard so was the discipline. I have been pleasantly surprised at Plantation Middle.The curriculum is challenging,the teachers are easily accessible and the children in the program are well disciplined and most importantly, it's FREE!!

Plantation Middle School 4

Posted June 27, 2011
The IB program is an excellent step Plantation Middle School has taken. Looking at the curriculum of other private schools, PM's IB program is truly competitive.

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted July 30, 2009

Plantation Middle School
6600 West Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, FL  33313
Last modified Plantation Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plantation Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top