Tropical Elementary School 3

Posted November 06, 2014
Office staff is generally uninterested in any of parents conserns, very unhelpful in giving a hand even in simple problems.Disappointing ladies at the administration.
5 people found this helpful

Tropical Elementary School 3

Posted September 05, 2014
Tropical was our first choice school for our daughter. I have since been very disapointed with how the school handles certain issues like bullying and fundraising. The teachers dismiss any concerns you have for issues on the playground(for example a kindergartner being repeatedly pushed into the sidewalk or sand face first) as a game between children, or being hit on the bus repeatedly and nothing is done. I feel it teaches our children that telling a teacher you are being hurt does nothing. This school does excel at fundraising as every week it requests money for some cause or other but when it comes down to the safety of my child I'm left bewildered by their lack of concern.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2014
I am a parent of a 1st grader and 5th grader and have been a part of the Tropical Family for over 5 years. The dedication by the administration and staff is amazing and the PTA totally rocks. My children have excelled and are happy and I couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 17, 2014
I love this school it is awesome. I came I here from another school and the students and staff here are so supportive now I am in my 2nd year and the years have passed by so quickly between the tropical trek and ar partys.i also love the pta because they go above and beyond. When I have trouble I some subjects the teachers are always by my side. We also have an awesome principal who is top knotch. We do this tradition for the 5th grader where we go out in the hallway and clap for them and the outstanding job they do. I hope you consider tropical as your child's school, I garentee they will love it.

Posted October 12, 2013
My son is a second grader currently attending Tropical Elementary, and my daughter, now in middle school, also attended Tropical from k-5 grade. Thanks to a great group of teachers, the administrative staff, a very involved PTA, the great Dr. K the assistant principal and an exceptional devoted principal Mr. Andrew, our experience has been nothing but a positive wonderful one. Both of our kids love Tropical, and the parents involvement is overwhelming. Thanks to a great PTA, the school always holds a nurturing, healthy family environment and fun events. I would not hesitate to enroll a child at this school.

Tropical Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2013
I have two kids in this school, K and 5th grade. It is a wonderful school. The office staff is friendly. The principal and assistant principal are very hands on and seem to genuinely care about the welfare of the students. There are a million fund raisers which is the only reason it wasn't give 5 stars. Personally it's hard to keep up with so many but all of them are to better the school and they have top notch equipment. The PTA is very hands on and have awesome activities for the kids.

Posted December 13, 2012
Absolutely love this school!!!! Great principal, teachers, and parent involvement! My son is in 4th grade, and has been attending Tropical since Kindergarten.

Posted September 01, 2012
I love Tropical Elementary school, great teachers , great people, great kids I have nothing to complaint about ..

Posted February 14, 2012
this is a great school.my sons hearing impaired and he feels comfortable in this school because there are also other students just like him in this school.the teachers are great the school is safe and well maintained.the staff are always more than helpful. this is my sons first yr in this school coming from another state and he loves it.i have great communication with the teachers and i can reacj out to them at any time and they will get back to me as soon as possible.i would recommend this school to anyone.love it!

Posted April 08, 2011
our daughter loves this school because when we arrived from Italy, she didn't speak english and she was sad for this reason,we found in this school wonderful teachers and they helped our daughter to get ahead specially Mrs. Smith and Mrs.Millet ..We are grateful.

Tropical Elementary School
1500 Southwest 66th Avenue, Plantation, FL  33317
Last modified Tropical Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tropical Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top