996 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The, principal and guidance counselor lack professionalism and provide minimal support to students and parents

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My son has a lot of integrity, it's the culture in our home and the school supports it. I have seen how the Principal has called out parents for bad behavior - Bravo!!

I have 2 sons that have graduated from Tropical Elementary. Schools are a reflection of their leadership and Principal Erik Anderson is exceptional. He's hands on, knows the name of all his students, goes on field trips, is innovative and caring. Our son was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome and had multiple speech issues. At his time with this team he has no sign of any speech impediments, ran for student council president, This is the end of year email I sent to the teachers and support team: Thank you so much for your kindness, dedication and support. Tropical has been an exceptional experience. We've watched our son grow from a kid who couldn't read or right in 3rd grade, who really struggled in school, had no friends and struggled to annunciate. Today he reads fluently, expresses himself on paper eloquently and is planning a birthday party with a group of friends. Not only are we sad to leave, but are profoundly grateful for all you've that you've done but know that the impact that you've had on our baby, ok my baby, our son will last a lifetime. What an amazing team we will truly miss you.

There are no words...this school is horrible! Some teachers are great, but the administration and the 1st grade teacher my daughter has is terrible. Our concerns are almost completely ignored. And if I am asked to donate one more time I am going to lose my mind.

Disappointed that my concerns are pushed away. I also am in shock that they allow kids in 1st grade to bring cell phones to school and that the older kids can show younger kids inappropriate videos on google from their phones on buses. This school doesn't even deserve one star. I wont even start to get into the teachers there.

Office staff is generally uninterested in any of parents conserns, very unhelpful in giving a hand even in simple problems.Disappointing ladies at the administration.

Tropical was our first choice school for our daughter. I have since been very disapointed with how the school handles certain issues like bullying and fundraising. The teachers dismiss any concerns you have for issues on the playground(for example a kindergartner being repeatedly pushed into the sidewalk or sand face first) as a game between children, or being hit on the bus repeatedly and nothing is done. I feel it teaches our children that telling a teacher you are being hurt does nothing. This school does excel at fundraising as every week it requests money for some cause or other but when it comes down to the safety of my child I'm left bewildered by their lack of concern.

I am a parent of a 1st grader and 5th grader and have been a part of the Tropical Family for over 5 years. The dedication by the administration and staff is amazing and the PTA totally rocks. My children have excelled and are happy and I couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend this school.

I love this school it is awesome. I came I here from another school and the students and staff here are so supportive now I am in my 2nd year and the years have passed by so quickly between the tropical trek and ar partys.i also love the pta because they go above and beyond. When I have trouble I some subjects the teachers are always by my side. We also have an awesome principal who is top knotch. We do this tradition for the 5th grader where we go out in the hallway and clap for them and the outstanding job they do. I hope you consider tropical as your child's school, I garentee they will love it.

My son is a second grader currently attending Tropical Elementary, and my daughter, now in middle school, also attended Tropical from k-5 grade. Thanks to a great group of teachers, the administrative staff, a very involved PTA, the great Dr. K the assistant principal and an exceptional devoted principal Mr. Andrew, our experience has been nothing but a positive wonderful one. Both of our kids love Tropical, and the parents involvement is overwhelming. Thanks to a great PTA, the school always holds a nurturing, healthy family environment and fun events. I would not hesitate to enroll a child at this school.

Last modified Tropical Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.